Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st August 2010, 10:31   #1
BHPian

The great Concorde Motors service

Here is my story with Concorde Motors, Bangalore.

I got the fuel pump serviced in Concorde Motors, Hosur Road around Feb 2010. However recently I noticed diesel leaking from the pump, while I was away from home on road. I managed to bring the vehicle back home and called for TATA Motors breakdown service, but the service person confirmed that the leakage was due to fitting and servicing problem of the pump. They fixed the problem on the spot and advised to take it with Concorde.

Mr. Prem from Concorde Motors sent a mobile van who checked the vehicle the same day and confirmed everything was ok.

Today morning again diesel was leaking from the pump while on road.

This is an example of sheer negligence and improper service at the dealership, which could have turned fatal if leaked diesel caught fire. Also, there are multiple occurrences of the same problem.

On top of that, I paid for a standard service in a recent running repair only to discover that the tire pressure is close to 20 psi and wipers not working 2-3 days after the delivery.

Last edited by sumannandy : 1st August 2010 at 10:32.
Old 1st August 2010, 11:06   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
Mr. Prem from Concorde Motors sent a mobile van who checked the vehicle the same day and confirmed everything was ok.
Shoot off a mail to tata motors pune immediately.Concorde motors, hosur is very much scared of the big daddy.And especially Mr. Prem.
Did'nt you get a call from the pune office after your service asking for feedback?
In case you get the call, bring them up to speed of the happenings and they will ensure that concorde is taken to task as concorde is a wholly owned subsidiary of tata motors and they are a bit particular about the hosur road service station.
I have had fantastic results after giving them the right feedback.

Quote:
a standard service in a recent running repair only to discover that the tire pressure is close to 20 psi and wipers not working 2-3 days after the delivery.
I have a feeling that they never top up the tire pressure during any of their services.
Old 1st August 2010, 12:54   #3
BHPian

Talked to the toll free number and they escalated the complaint.

Update: The Green Track people came again to attend the car for the breakdown service and found a problem with the fittings of the pump (diesel was apparently leaking from one of the four pipes where it connects to the pump).

The car is excellent and so comfortable, but the irresponsible service centers are just screwing it up.
Old 1st August 2010, 19:33   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Update: The Green Track people came again to attend the car for the breakdown service and found a problem with the fittings of the pump (diesel was apparently leaking from one of the four pipes where it connects to the pump).
What a coincidence.I noticed the same problem in my safari today and it was serviced by concorde last weekend itself.One of the inlet pipes have a cut and diesel is leaking from there

How much did the Green track people charge you for replacing the pipe?
I am now confused as I have had this peculiar record of getting a new problem in my safari after every service from concorde and would like to try out Green tracks for a change.
Old 1st August 2010, 20:11   #5
Senior - BHPian

@Suman - If you car has completed all the warranty services, then its time to move away from T.A.S.S. This has been the case with any T.A.S.S, be it Bangalore or Chennai. How about giving it to Carnation's for next service? They should be taking every service more seriously.
Old 1st August 2010, 21:53   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
@Suman - If you car has completed all the warranty services, then its time to move away from T.A.S.S. This has been the case with any T.A.S.S, be it Bangalore or Chennai. How about giving it to Carnation's for next service? They should be taking every service more seriously.
Carnation is pretty far from my place, Concorde is closer. May be its time for a change.

I was pretty impressed with the service quality of Concorde a couple of years back. But the service quality now is very bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
What a coincidence.I noticed the same problem in my safari today and it was serviced by concorde last weekend itself.One of the inlet pipes have a cut and diesel is leaking from there

How much did the Green track people charge you for replacing the pipe?
I am now confused as I have had this peculiar record of getting a new problem in my safari after every service from concorde and would like to try out Green tracks for a change.
Well Green Track attended the breakdown call, so it was FREE of cost.

I have already registered a complaint with the toll free number. They might do the job for FREE, but they cannot ever pay for the hassles.

Last edited by sumannandy : 1st August 2010 at 21:56.
Old 1st August 2010, 23:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

Leaking diesel won't catch fire at normal temperature.
Old 2nd August 2010, 09:01   #8
BHPian

Diesel is leaking again today morning.

It seems that everyday they are fixing the problem and it is reappearing again in the morning.

Please help me to fix the issue. What could be possible problems? Also I would appreciate any contact at Concorde/Tata Motors.
Old 2nd August 2010, 09:18   #9
BANNED

Don't ever go to Concorde Hosur road for any service other than buying and washing, they are awful and sometimes dangerous to your car!
Old 2nd August 2010, 09:35   #10
BHPian

I had a similar issue with Concorde Chennai the very next day of my 2nd service with them. The coolant hose pipe came off and all the coolant leaked. Luckily, i noticed it before taking the car out.

The pipe was not fixed properly after checking for ac cooling etc.

Concorde immediately rushed to the spot and rectified the issue but the fact remains that adequate care is not taken during servicing.
Old 2nd August 2010, 09:40   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Carnation is pretty far from my place, Concorde is closer. May be its time for a change.
Suman, I'm sure Carnation does a free pick up & drop. Also, they have Mr.Khattar's email published all over carnation's service. So, even if they goof up, you can write to Mr.Khattar directly. From my experience, when he was with Maruti, I can assure that, he's a person who takes customer's complaints very seriously, be it ECU or the mud flap.

So it is not that Carnation does not make mistakes, but, that you can always reach up to the top easily compared to Concorde.
Old 3rd August 2010, 16:39   #12
BHPian

Finally Concorde picked up the car yesterday and dropped it back after changing a washer. There is no diesel leakage any more.

I was actually happy with Tata feedback mechanism. All you need to do is complain against the service center during the feedback call or by calling the toll free number, if you are not satisfied. The dealer promptly calls you and sends their person to fix/pick up the vehicle and drop.

If only they were little bit more careful on details, it would have been a great experience.

I did not have a good experience with Bosch service center. For opening the grill and refitting, they charged 150. Got it done at Castrol, they charged 50. Also I am not very confident in the way other service centers handle the car during servicing.

heard that the service centers are using mobil now for oil change.

Last edited by sumannandy : 3rd August 2010 at 16:41.
Old 4th August 2010, 09:27   #13
BHPian

Diesel is leaking again.

So everyday they are trying to fix the problem and it is back again next day morning.

Even Tata Motors Pune is frustrated with Concorde. I am talking to a guy called Prashant everyday morning and he is also irritated with the carelessness of the dealer.

I think they really don't have a clue on why diesel is leaking.

They will check the car again today.
Old 4th August 2010, 10:10   #14
Senior - BHPian

@Suman, just think about this, everytime they do a free pick up & drop, its your money on the fuel (unless they reimburse). If your vehicle is under warranty, then you don't have a choice, but if it doesn't, its not worth the pain you're taking. Just find some independent car workshop. My thought goes like, this is not your primary job, but if concorde cannot do their primary job properly, then they're not wothy enough to be trusted again. My point - pls don't waste your precious time.
Old 4th August 2010, 20:50   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
@Suman, just think about this, everytime they do a free pick up & drop, its your money on the fuel (unless they reimburse). If your vehicle is under warranty, then you don't have a choice, but if it doesn't, its not worth the pain you're taking. Just find some independent car workshop. My thought goes like, this is not your primary job, but if concorde cannot do their primary job properly, then they're not wothy enough to be trusted again. My point - pls don't waste your precious time.

Can't agree more with you. In fact I told Concorde that I do not have enough time to follow up every morning, so they should better take care of everything.

I am also not comfortable in the way the driver drives the car. He asked me to drop him to a nearby bus stop. On the way he said he drives very fast since he has to pick up and/or drop 7-8 cars per day. I don't think he bothers to care for bumps etc.

Also, seems like he used the wiper in dry windscreen. There are marks of dry wipe all over. My windshield is new, so hopefully the marks will be gone.

I will try Carnation for the next oil change.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks