Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2010, 17:47   #1
BHPian

Tata Auto Industries Goa:Major Mess

Hi fellow bhpians, I own a Safari VX, which had been gifted to me by my dad last year. So this August I decided to take my car for the third free service which is after an interval of a year of 15K kms. whichever is earlier.

I contacted Tata Motors (Auto Industries,Arlem-goa) on 6th of August 2010. According to the representative they were busy the following week so I got an appointment only on 19th August 2010.

I reached the N.D. Naik Service center on the 19th at 9.00 a.m. in the morning only to be told by the receptionist that my appointment for the service has been transferred to Auto Industries Showroom Service Center in Verna which is almost 10kms away. So I again had to travel from Arlem to Verna. I reached Verna at around 9.30 am and met service advisor Darshan who took my car for the third service. He promised to deliver the car the same evening by 4.30pm. At around 4.30pm when I called him back he said there will be a small delay so the car will be done by 5.00pm, when I contacted him again he gave me an excuse to come to pick it up by 5.30 p.m. later Darshan phones me to tell that there were some few things to be sorted out so he will deliver the car ready to take at 9.30 am the following morning that is 20th August 2010. SO this was 1 day for me without the car.

On 20th August 2010, I phoned Darshan to keep the car ready and I will come to pick it up at 9.30 am. When I reached the service center there were already some customers waiting to get their cars serviced (Who apparently also had been forwarded from the Arlem Center and were extremely angry). I contacted the service advisor present at the desk regarding the car who told me to wait a few minutes, after half an hour I contacted him again as Darshan was absent, the service advisor told me the car wasn’t serviced at all from yesterday. The reason he gave me is that cars are being forwarded repeatedly by the service center at arlem and they have overbooked the schedule and the service center at Verna has only 2-3 technicians. After this I demanded to meet the manager, who apologized and gave me the contact number of AGM Mr. Diego. I gave the AGM a piece of my mind after which he promised me that the car will be taken back to arlem service center right away and will be checked out and he will return the car in the afternoon. So finally i got the car on the 20th at 5.30 in the evening.

I had to go two days without my car, my car was taken to and fro between the service centers at my expense and on top of all that I do not know how the service center has a backlog of so many cars and are still taking cars for appointment.

So I forwarded this incident to Tata after which i received their reply as follows:

Dear Sir,

Greetings of the day.

At the outset we regret the inconvenience caused to you.

This note of apology holds no testimony as an excuse for the inconvenience caused to you.

We agree to the fact that every TATA & FIAT Customer approaching Auto Industries deserves an esteemed treatment.

We would like to thank you for providing yor honest feedback, since its of utmost importance for our growth as an organization. The grievances mentioned by you would be reflected on

with utmost priority and seriousness since we do understand the gravity of the impressions made.

We again apologize for the turn of events which have caused you such inconvenience and assure you the best of the deserved treatment as a customer in the future.

Warm Regards

Jyoti Vishal Bandiwdekar
CRM
Auto Industries Goa Pvt. Ltd
Goa

So this is a caution for those who's cars are due for servicing soon,Be Prepared!
Old 29th August 2010, 19:52   #2
BHPian

It's going to be worse with more Nanos coming in, and they don't ramp up their service centers.

TASS and niggling issues that could potentially cause a waste of time (again partly because of TASS), were the 2 biggest reasons I opted away from the Linea.
Old 7th March 2011, 15:38   #3
BHPian

Re: Tata Auto Industries Goa:Major Mess

Well these guys have done it yet again, I gave my Nano on tuesday for its second free service. As always they called me back to collect the car at 5 in the evening and then they called me at around 4pm that due to the "LOAD" they have, they will be be delivering my car the next day (no surprises there as always). Well the next day I went to collect the car in the afternoon and the service advisor "Xavier" came with the paperwork to clear out the formalities and stuff.

Well the problem starts here, when I was moving around the car I suddenly noticed that the car had Some few deep scratches and the paint had peeled off on the rear right side fender just above the mudflap. Well this was'nt there when I had given the car for servicing (I know that cause I had washed the car in the morning before servicing) and neither did Mr. Xavier tell me anything about it. Well this made me loose my anger all out on him and then only did he tell me that he hit one of the cement stones while reversing the car.

Well I gave him a piece of my mind (so much so that there was a group consisting of customers and service guys) after which he apologised and told me to get my car today to get that part fixed along with getting retro fittings done on the car. Today, I went to give the car and he told me that it will take a whole two days to get that little thing fixed up which I guess will take them less than one hour to fix.

This again made me loose my temper and I gave him a repeat performance of whatever he had heard on Wednesday after which he promised to give my car back today at 5 in the evening.

Well a caution to all those people who want to buy a Tata Nano from Auto Industries Goa Pvt. Ltd, be careful what you are getting into. I aint saying that the car is bad but the people at the service center ought to get a once in a while.
Old 7th March 2011, 18:56   #4
Distinguished - BHPian

@Richie4u, suggest that you interact with the service advisor without losing your cool; but definitely provide required feedback to TML when they call for feedback. In case TML does not call for feedback, you can always contact the customer care to register your complaint.
Old 12th August 2011, 22:03   #5
BHPian

Well an update after a long time, My safari has finished all its free services and I do not want to take it back to the Tata A** in Arlem so can tata vehicle owners from Goa pinpoint me to a good reliable service center in Goa (preferably in South Goa as I am from Margao) which is capable of servicing a Tata safari and can fix a any kind of niggles that can happen with the Safari and can also do the normal yearly servicing of the vehicle. I need a proper trustworthy place who know and have handled Tata vehicles previously

I know of JKRS car care in betim and I have also heard that he is good and is an authorised service center for Tata vehicles but I'd like to know if I also have any options here in the South of Goa so that if any small problems occur then I do not have to travel all the way.

Auto Industries Goa is out of the picture for now cause they can never deliver a car in time and your issues are never solved poperly (I remember Once it took them two days to replace a power window button) So please help me out.

Thanks
Old 20th September 2011, 19:56   #6
BHPian

Disgusted with Tata Vehicles

Hi all, Here's an update:

My car had broke down in the moth of July due to a timing belt fault which caused some other technical parts to break so a lot of stuff was replaced under warranty. The problem had occurred during the month of July and it took Auto industries a complete 1 moth to repair all of this. It gave me sleepless nights and lot of problems but finally got my vehicle repaired and back to me in the first week of August.

Coming back to today (September 20,2011) I was heading towards Panjim and when I reached towards Bambolim cross, I heard a snap and felt the vehicle turn off. Fortunately I was at low speeds and had the presence of mind to turn the vehicle (without any help from the power steering) towards the edge of the road otherwise I was a sitting duck in the middle of the road just on a turn where vehicles cross speed above 80-100kms.

I guessed that the timing belt problem came back to haunt me so I called the Auto industries customer center at Arlem , I told them about my problem and I requested them to send the towing vehicle so that I could bring the car back to their garage. The receptionist told me that she would get to me in 10 mins.

After exactly 10 mins. the receptionist calls me and tells me that the vehicle is gone towards Karwar and will be back only the following day. Well I completely lost all my faith on Tata within that 1 minute and finally as a last hope I called the tata regional office for Goa in Mumbai and gave them some beautiful words (which i cannot say here cause then I'll be thrown out of team-bhp) the person at the other end (poor guy) heard my problem and took my details. Exactly 10 mins after my call I get a call from Auto industries that they are sending a towing vehicle to get my car and will reach me in 20 mins ( as per my knowledge Auto industries has just 1 towing vehicle to attend to breakdowns and if they are sending the same one then either auto industries had learnt some magic to get their breakdown vehicle from Karwar to Bambolim in less then 20 minutes or the receptionist who told me that the car has gone towards Karwar had just woken up after her afternoon siesta nap)

Anyways the vehicle reached within 20 mins and fortunately the guy who was driving recognized my car and me cause he was the same guy who had towed my car in July when the same problem had occurred. He checked the timing belt area and he told me that the same problem has occurred and will tow my car back. My car is now present at the auto industries service center.

Now I ask you on team-bhp as to what should I do? I have already sent out a mail towards the customer care email of Tata. Is there anyone in the higher positions of tata who can get me out of this problem. I am basically fedup and disgusted of my car and I need to sort it out immediately. if you have anybody's email address that can help me out please pm me.
Old 21st September 2011, 09:47   #7
Senior - BHPian

Buddy, ask for a complete new engine under warranty this time, if it's happened again than there is a fault somewhere that the service center can not solve.
Did you find out why it happens the first time? I means belt defect or are the timing pulleys miss aligned which destroys the belt?
What has caused the belt to break now? Ask these question, they want give anything in writing but it helps.
Old 13th November 2014, 00:01   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie4u View Post
I know of JKRS car care in betim and I have also heard that he is good and is an authorised service center for Tata vehicles but I'd like to know if I also have any options here in the South of Goa so that if any small problems occur then I do not have to travel all the way.

Auto Industries Goa is out of the picture for now cause they can never deliver a car in time and your issues are never solved poperly (I remember Once it took them two days to replace a power window button) So please help me out.

Thanks
Hi Richie,

Resurrecting an old thread here but just wanted to ask if you have found any other private garage capable of servicing Tata vehicles. Is this JKRS Car care in Betim still functional? I have a Nano and live in Assagao, North Goa and to come all the way to Arlem for servicing is a real pain. Apart from that, like you have said in your previous posts, their service is nothing to write home about.
I bought the car from Ishwaria Motors in Bicholim but they are just as useless.

Regards,
SS
Old 14th November 2014, 21:00   #9
BHPian

Hi Suzukisan, The JKRS car care(TASC) is functional and must say is a very competent place to service your vehicle. Although they have limited space, they are good in what they do. Only drawback is that they don't have a large store like Auto Industries hence they might not have parts available if anything needs to be changed in warranty but they order if required.

I guess this will be he best place for you to service the vehicle considering the distance. I myself go all the way from Margao to this place just for the peace of mind and the quick service they offer me.
Old 15th November 2014, 13:45   #10
BHPian

Hi Richie,

Thanks for the info.
I would be much obliged if you could share their address and contact details by PM. A landmark would also help.
Any person in particular to contact there?

Regards,
SS
Old 15th November 2014, 20:48   #11
BHPian

Well here's their address:
Jkrs Car Care,No 66/A, Betim, Malim Road, Opp Vithoba Temple, Bardez-403101.

The entrance road to the place is bang opposite the vithoba temple, the road is very small with a small Goa horticulture booth at the start of the road. There is a small board pointing towards their direction.

The location is marked on Google maps, just Google it to get a better idea.As for contact person they have a single SA who handles customers. Anyways you can take an appointment on (0832)-2411613.
richie4u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2014, 16:30   #12
BHPian

Hi Richie,

Thanks a lot for the info.
I will give them a call tomorrow and check it out.
I am getting a creaking noise from the front seats after fitting new seat covers and not quite sure what to do about it. Maybe they can help.
I forgot to mention this in my first service and am not going all the way to Margao just for that.
Who knows. Maybe we can meet up there sometime.
Thanks again.
Cheers,
SS
Old 25th April 2018, 16:59   #13
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Auto Industries is going to shut down. The property mentioned in the bank notice is the service centre for all vehicles and sales for trucks. It's a massive area and is also used as their stockyard. It's right next door to my house.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Auto Industries Goa:Major Mess-31288094_10156406921783833_5433634796288868352_n.jpg  

Last edited by pedrolourenco : 25th April 2018 at 17:01.
pedrolourenco is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks