Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2010, 13:24   #1

Service at its worst - Techno Auto, Delhi

Hi all,

I think it's high time I posted what a sham the service at Techno Auto (Delhi) really is.

A month ago, my car, a 2004 Palio 1.2, overheated sometime before noon and I had to pull over. On inspection I found the coolant gushing out from under the engine assembly. However, I knew Techno Auto had its workshop nearby so I called them up. This was going to be my first experience of TATA's A** for FIAT customers. Here's how it went:

The tow car was sent within 20 minutes. Good enough I thought. The lady I had spoken to at Techno's workshop seemed competent and had stuck to her word of attending to my car quickly.

On reaching the workshop, a job card was prepared after inspection. They said the radiator tubes and the water jackets would need replacement. How much? The service guy was clueless. He ambled away to his supervisor who in a very irritated voice said - "Hazzar rupay bana de. Baki customer khud dekh lega." Hmm.

I left my car there that day as they were eager to prove that the car could not possibly be delivered the same day. I wasn't too miffed about that so I agreed.

Next day, the service guy for my car, a Mr. Jitender, calls up and says the gearbox will have to be pulled down to replace the water jackets. Again, How much? "Zyada nahin sir, approx. 3000" And to replace the radiator tubes? "2000". What the- ???

Since I couldn't drive my car out of there, I agreed after a while. The only thought in my mind was that they would fix it to the T. If they could do that, the high price may be justified. By the way, I was promised the car would be delivered that day.

Three days passed. Each day I called I was given the same response: "Sir pata nahin chal raha kya problem hai" Come'on now! I had to keep my temper under control. When can you have the car delivered? "Sir kal toh pakka". Sure buddy.

Finally, I get my car back on the fifth day. By this time I'm just glad they haven't turned it into one of their guinea pigs. The car does run fine now so I'm mollified to an extent. But the surprises don't stop there.

I had also asked them to get beading on the windshield fixed. This they could not. And then I was charged for two tubes of FeviKwik, even when the beadings were barely holding on to the windshield Just so you know, the came off the next time it rained. Oh and they also topped off the windshield washer fluid with a bottle from the service station's water cooler. I didn't say anything as he clearly knew nothing of distilled water.

But the biggest disappointment was yet to come. Within a few weeks I spotted that the coolant level was dipping. That could only mean one thing - another leakage. I looked around but didn't spot any. Took it to a local mechanic and he found it in the radiator. Wasn't Techno supposed to spot that? Or maybe they did, but just didn't bother to rectify it. Excellent service I must say.

I shot off an email to Ricky Walter (Ricky.Walter@fiapl.com) and told him of Techno's ghastly work and asked him what FIAT intended to do about it. He didn't respond, but my email was forwarded to - Techno Auto again! How much intelligence does one need to understand that I don't want to go back to Techno ever again?! Come'on Ricky!

Seriously guys, TATA simply does not know how to handle FIAT customers. I'm sure I'd have been treated better if I'd driven in in an Indica. All in all, the entire experience has left a bitter aftertaste.

Techno Auto - never again. Not even in an emergency. I'd much rather visit a low key mechanic who actually knows his job.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks