Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2012, 20:07   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch

2000 is atrocious for a job that is essentially free. Give your car to VW Palace Cross. They will do it for free and will take 5 minutes to do it!
Told you that VW Downtown are crooks
evilshantanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 06:10   #47
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Vento : Test Drive & Review

I think its a simple problem of clogged air filter. Ask the workshop to get the airfilter cleaned and you should be all set. Turbo whistle sound is common and can be heard in almost all turbocharged cars. I need to admit, the sound in the vento was just so good that I used to floor the throttle everytime to listen to it. One another reason which contributes to the drop in mileage, you probably had made an conscious effort everytime to listen to this sound. Of course clogged air filter was the primary contributing factor.

And 2k for VAG com, that guy must be joking. Dont pay him a penny, and get it done during your routine service. Procedures are all documented in the forum, do read through and you will get answers to all your questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merril View Post
Got the car to VW Downtown in B'lore (where I bought the car in the first place). Since I landed there without an appoinment, I told them it is a running repair and that I had some complaint about the turbo. One of the mechanics took the car for a test drive with me in it and told me that there wasnt any problem. I insisted that he check it out and finally left the car there for them to do a detailed inspection.

I also asked them to enable auto locking and unlocking while they were at it. They gave me an estimate of INR 2000 and on asking why, they said that the enabling of auto lock etc is a charged service. Does anyone know whether this is so and whether they do charge this high for this simple activation? Anyways, wasnt the car supposed to come with these activated in the first place?

Last edited by bala80 : 6th June 2012 at 06:12.
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 16:21   #48
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
I think its a simple problem of clogged air filter. Ask the workshop to get the airfilter cleaned and you should be all set. Turbo whistle sound is common and can be heard in almost all turbocharged cars. I need to admit, the sound in the vento was just so good that I used to floor the throttle everytime to listen to it. One another reason which contributes to the drop in mileage, you probably had made an conscious effort everytime to listen to this sound. Of course clogged air filter was the primary contributing factor.

And 2k for VAG com, that guy must be joking. Dont pay him a penny, and get it done during your routine service. Procedures are all documented in the forum, do read through and you will get answers to all your questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by madnish30 View Post
Planning to get these blinds for the Vento - CAR Auto Stop Sunshade Screen~TUBE DESIGN~2pcs | eBay

What do you guys think?

Used to blinds in the other two cars... and it's too hot to survive without them!
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
Told you that VW Downtown are crooks
Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
2000 is atrocious for a job that is essentially free. Give your car to VW Palace Cross. They will do it for free and will take 5 minutes to do it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by souravc View Post
Similar to what Nicky said but I think its better to write to Volkswagen customer care before you get the same since these are features which even if enabled after a few days won't make much of a difference . Inform VW customer care highlighting the greed, highlight that the dealer had not enabled the features prior to handing over the car , fwup to get a response - it will ensure that you are not asked to pay once you send your car.
I got mine done without any charges , we should not be asked to pay for something that was not done in the first place .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicky View Post
This is totally illegal to ask money to activate these features.
I would recommend you to actually go and get it done and ask them to mention the same thing in their invoice.
then you should send this invoice to VW Top officials. I am sure there will be some action along with your money back.
i doubt if dealer would write these charges in invoice like this at first place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
VW Downtown is notorious on the charges for activation through VAG, they usually quote Rs 500/ feature. There are other places where it is done free of cost!

Cheers
Thanks all for responding. And I now realise how correct most of you were when you said that Downtown wasnt worth it!

I got the car back from Downtown and thought I would put in a quick description of my experience.

1. On the quality of work performed:

I had given the car to them since I felt that the acceleration was not as much as earlier and wanted them to do a thorough check up. Additional items mentioned on the job card included the removal of the roof and bonnet sticker residue, and enabling of the auto lock/unlock feature.

They gave the car back to me with a charge of Rs 200 for the enabling of VAS features, which I flatly refused to pay. They argued weakly and then said that the charges would be reversed. On asking them what they did for the low acceleration complaint, they mentioned that they did a thorough check, there was nothing wrong with the vehicle, they also removed the airfilter and cleaned it (thanks bala for this, I called them up and asked them to do it). End result, the car is more or less like it was after the run in period. I guess the dirty air filter was the culprit.

2. On the delivery experience

I have owned Maruti's and Hyundai's in the past and have always found the service experience with these cars an ultimately hassle free experience. However, this was nothing but!

First, the vehicle was dirty (i mean dust, fruit residue, bird droppings etc) when it was given to me. I insisted that it be cleaned. The SA agreed and took the car to wash shop. There I saw the SA being asked by the foreman, why this car has to be cleaned! I later heard from the SA that as a matter of principle, they do not wash cars that come in for running repairs. Completely weird! Anyways, my car got a rough rub down with the little bit of water from the hose that fell on it, and was respectable, if not sparkling clean.

Next, to take this car out to the main road there were at least 10 Ventos and Polo's ahead of mine in the small lane that leads to the delivery point. Those who have been to Downtown in Bangalore will know what I am talking about. I asked the SA how he is going to get my car out, and he said that they will juggle the cars around.

He got 3 drivers, who started moving cars out of the way and in the process, one of them bangs my car smack into the side of another (serviced, washed, polished, spotless black polo). CRUNCH! All of this while I was standing 1 foot away from my car. What had happened is that this driver, instead of engaging the reverse, puts the car into first and rams into the polo. He then has the gal to walk out and say 'I just took the handbrake off and the car went and banged into the polo'. I gave him a solid peice of my mind, and then went to look at my car, luckily it was the number plate part of the bumper that crashed into the polo and there was not even a scratch on it. However, the polo wasnt so lucky, he will need a new front left door.

The SA responsible for this immediately got in touch with the GM of the dealership on the phone to tell him this had happened and he then told me that the dealer would change the Polo door. I am not sure he said this to pacify me or if they would really do it.

Finally after almost an hour and a half of waiting, my car finally emerged from the narrow lane and I was able to drive it home. As mentioned earlier, the pick-up issue seems resolved.

However, I have resolved never to take the car to Downtown again. What a royal mess of a shop they run there! Sheesh!

3. Service Advisor

I do need to mention that in the middle of all of this the SA, a Mr. Shelton, was an absolute gem of a person. He ensured that he kept me in the loop, during the washing, when the crash happened, and getting the car safely out amidst all the chaos. But alas, even that will not get me back in there.

Last edited by Merril : 7th June 2012 at 16:36.
Merril is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 16:46   #49
BHPian

Quote:
3. Service Advisor

I do need to mention that in the middle of all of this the SA, a Mr. Shelton, was an absolute gem of a person. He ensured that he kept me in the loop, during the washing, when the crash happened, and getting the car safely out amidst all the chaos. But alas, even that will not get me back in there.
Report this on the VW customer care, ask them to generate a complaint number, this way they will have to take some action against the clowns. These morons need to improve, the cars and the customers cannot keep suffering.

Go to Bangalore motors, thorough professionals....
evilshantanu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 22:31   #50
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

He got 3 drivers, who started moving cars out of the way and in the process, one of them bangs my car smack into the side of another (serviced, washed, polished, spotless black polo). CRUNCH! All of this while I was standing 1 foot away from my car. What had happened is that this driver, instead of engaging the reverse, puts the car into first and rams into the polo. He then has the gal to walk out and say 'I just took the handbrake off and the car went and banged into the polo'. I gave him a solid peice of my mind, and then went to look at my car, luckily it was the number plate part of the bumper that crashed into the polo and there was not even a scratch on it. However, the polo wasnt so lucky, he will need a new front left door.
This looks like our Polo. I have mentioned the experience in the polo thread.

You are a newbie and hence I couldn't send a PM to you. Your reply will help us.
Can you please mention the registration number or whatever you remember of it.
Any photo or anything specific you remember

Quote:
The SA responsible for this immediately got in touch with the GM of the dealership on the phone to tell him this had happened and he then told me that the dealer would change the Polo door. I am not sure he said this to pacify me or if they would really do it.
I don't think he's replacing it. Now we will have to press for it.

Even we will not take our car there in future
hemanth.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 23:17   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
This looks like our Polo. I have mentioned the experience in the polo thread.

You are a newbie and hence I couldn't send a PM to you. Your reply will help us.
Can you please mention the registration number or whatever you remember of it.
Any photo or anything specific you remember

I don't think he's replacing it. Now we will have to press for it.

Even we will not take our car there in future
@Hemanth,
I see from your post on the Polo thread, that you aren't planning on visiting the dealer due to work. Please do not take this easily.

Make that trip to the workshop tomorrow, get it in writing that they are responsible (irrespective of whether yours' is the car @merril was talking about). When our cars go for servicing, they are completely responsible for it; they can come up with whatever excuse, but that fact doesn't change.

Push for the door change than repair at any costs. Worst case scenario, they'll atleast give their best shot in dent removal/paint job if not replacement of the door.
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2012, 08:55   #52
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
@Hemanth,
I see from your post on the Polo thread, that you aren't planning on visiting the dealer due to work. Please do not take this easily.

Make that trip to the workshop tomorrow, get it in writing that they are responsible (irrespective of whether yours' is the car @merril was talking about). When our cars go for servicing, they are completely responsible for it; they can come up with whatever excuse, but that fact doesn't change.

Push for the door change than repair at any costs. Worst case scenario, they'll atleast give their best shot in dent removal/paint job if not replacement of the door.
Can't agree with you more ninjatalli.

We've asked the SA to stop any further works on our car till we come and see it. We have made out some time for this and we are going there today.

Apart from their already expensive service, all this time will add up and make the maintenance of a VW that much more expensive.
This episode will be the last with Downtown
Old 8th June 2012, 10:11   #53
BHPian

Quote:
....I now realise how correct most of you were when you said that Downtown wasnt worth it!

I got the car back from Downtown and thought I would put in a quick description of my experience.
Initially even I went DownTown, Blr for power window problem there, I went 5 times for fixing the same problem. They couldn't do it.

Also they have lots of management problem for which several SA got changed. You could check our threads for how many GM got changed during our car delivery in Elite Motors (Which belongs to the same group). Looks like still they haven't changed.

But in Bangalore Motors, they fixed my power window issue in first time itself.

I could see most of the bhpians go only to Bangalore Motors now.

Last edited by noopster : 8th June 2012 at 11:44.
Old 9th June 2012, 07:20   #54
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Vento Experience at VW Downtown (Elite Motors, Bangalore)

Update on our polo:

Few mails and calls got the dealer to agree for a door replacement.
But they still maintain that it was a minor scratch (which in fact is not)
The car will be delivered on Monday now.

A photo of the damage (excuse the poor quality because of reflections)
Vento Experience at VW Downtown (Elite Motors, Bangalore)-1.jpg
Old 28th May 2013, 09:00   #55
Distinguished - BHPian

No updates to this thread after my previous post 1 year earlier!!
Well, it helps me in a way.

After the experience (refer previous post) with VW downtown during the last service, we don't want to go to them again.
So feloow VW BHPians, Please let me know where we can take our Polo 1.6 for service which is due in 2 weeks from now.
I know its a choice of best among the worst, so we are prepared.
Old 28th May 2013, 09:25   #56
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
No updates to this thread after my previous post 1 year earlier!!
Well, it helps me in a way.

After the experience (refer previous post) with VW downtown during the last service, we don't want to go to them again.
So feloow VW BHPians, Please let me know where we can take our Polo 1.6 for service which is due in 2 weeks from now.
I know its a choice of best among the worst, so we are prepared.

You could try the new one from VW Palace cross at Rajajinagar. Moderator Ajmat had a pretty good experience with them.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3064553
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2013, 11:05   #57
Team-BHP Support

Don't even go there!!

Enough has been said about my experience. Viddy discovered overspray all over the front of the car since they sprayed panels in the open area. Upon detailing this weekend, discovered front bumper was not sanded down and there are some rubber components missing.

Rumour has it that the bodyshop is outsourced so no proper monitoring and outsourcing
Old 11th September 2014, 10:52   #58
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi, My colleague is facing a lot of issues from Elite Motors with regard to delivery of the New Polo 1.5 TDI. The delivery has been pushed 2-3 times, he has not been given the VIN Number. Latest commitment is a 15th Sept delivery, but when asked for the VIN, they say they don't yet. Not sure how they can commit delivery on 15th and not have the car allotted yet. Escalation to the dealer management has had no effect. Does anyone have the email/contact of relevant VW India folks? Mails to customer care has had no effect.

Main issue is he had released full payment based on their commitment and insistence.
Old 18th December 2014, 20:27   #59
BHPian

Reporting car abuse.
If anyone here has given a Silver Vento for servicing/repair at Elite Motors, please make sure that you enquire about how the car was driven today evening at around 5:15 PM.

I was driving on the service road from Hosa Road Jn towards Singasandra and just after passing Elite motors I see a Silver Vento on my ORVM. Its a driver from the Elite motors, from his uniform. There are two step speed breakers on that service road, and he literally jumped the car on them. Later, he goes off the road, on the left hand side, passed myself and a couple of other cars on the left hand side and took the left turn towards Manipal County road. He just drove at 50-60 Kmph over potholes and I didn't see the brake lights light up even once.

We take great care of our cars only to hand them over to such morons who manhandle them just for the thrill of it.
Horizon81 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th December 2018, 12:34   #60

Any suggestions on a better Volkswagen service centre in Bangalore for my Vento TSI?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks