Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th October 2010, 11:44   #1
BHPian

Problem with Scorpio AT booking @ SKS Automobiles

Friends

My Scorpio AT booking has run in a to a rough end and i'm taken for a royal ride by SKS Automobiles, Bangalore. All my efforts to reach across to the CEO of SKS Auto is not giving results.

The Sales Exec and his manager have been giving all promises but my vehicle delivery has now gone to 07-Nov. Latest promise was to deliver the vehicle on 20-Oct.

I paid an advance of Rs. 50K and the booking was done in Jun-10 for a Scorpio VLX AT-Airbags- BS4. A vehicle was despatched in August but was BS3. I was told by SKS that its not an issue and can get registered in BLR. I opted for Company lease in Sept-10 and the leasing company said its not possible to register the vehicle since its BS3. I went back to SKS that this is a non-issue for me but SKS also said they cannot help and i have to get a replacement vehicle. I asked for the vehicle that i originally booked and no answer for it. After some on-nerves calls with SKS i was told on 09-Oct that i will get a BS4 vehicle in 12 days time on 20-Oct. The Sales Rep and his manager claimed they have got confirmation from Mahindra on the delivery. I asked my car leasing company to release the PO and the PO was given out. Yesterday i get a call from SKS that PO is received - "Thank You" but not so good news - i Will get the car only on 07-Nov. I asked why was this not told earlier, why is the delay? How can a promised date of 20-Oct get changed to 07-Nov? No answers. Sales Rep says his manager is handling the issue, manager says - Sir - i dont have an answer but cant give you before 07-Nov. I have been managing the last few months on a borrowed car and is causing all embarassment.

This is the long story put in short. Overall im feeling deeply frustrated about this. Its just that i dont want to go away from this vehicle is making me stay put on this draining thats happening.

I will elaborate the story in a few days time in the same thread.

Regards
-Rajesh

Last edited by GTO : 19th October 2010 at 11:39. Reason: Sorry, but we cannot allow such requests for CEO email ids
Old 16th October 2010, 12:11   #2
BHPian

Rajesh: Congrats for the new vehicle booking.

It is absolutely NOT RIGHT on the SKS automobiles part to inform you about the delay 'after receiving the PO'. In case of delay they must have informed you before.

but some delays do happen and I see 20th Oct to 7th Nov can be considered by you? Provided SKS exlain you the exact reason - probable delays due to the festive seasons/ unforseen delays at factory / transportation ec.. Just my thoughts - but you must know the reason.

If they dont I would suggest ask then to return the money, cancel the booking and move to Sireesh Auto

I am sure after you get your vehicle all your worries go away - all the best!
Old 16th October 2010, 15:54   #3
Senior - BHPian

M&M is supposed to have great customer service with none less that Anand Mahindra himself available on Tweeter.

But first, did you reach out to M&M CS? What was their response?

And I would agree with Narayanang on the recommendation to move your business to Sireesh unless you are tied down with SKS due to some constraints.

This looks more like the dealer playing around with you.

Last edited by HappyWheels : 16th October 2010 at 16:07.
Old 17th October 2010, 09:16   #4
BHPian

@Happywheels @narayanang76 : Thanks for your reply. I will take your suggestion of writing to Mahindra CS. I would wait from 20-oct to 07-Nov if i had been given the "right reasons" and something to support from Mahindra. Here the dealer is keeping me in dark and not willing to share details on delay. I have a strong feeling that my allotment is been given to someone 'influential"

Any other suggestions from Scorpio owners and previous buyers from SKS would be helpful?

I still want to put the facts clear to the CEO of SKS. Probably i will walk in on Monday morning directly to the showroom

Regards
-Rajesh
Old 17th October 2010, 09:29   #5
Senior - BHPian

Don't wait. Just shoot a mail across to M&M CS highlighting the issues. They are there to do that, support customers. Do not understand why you would want to wait.

The CS will be able to tell you why the delay is there (maybe you asked for a variant and color currently not in stock) and also when the vehicle is shipped off from the plant.

Going in a meeting the CEO is (most probably) not going to get you too far, not that he wouldn't want to, but wouldn't be able to.
Old 17th October 2010, 09:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

rajesh make a call to the M&M customer care and also send them an email. Put the link of this thread there, explain the situation. Am pretty darn sure something will be done to your satisfaction.
Old 17th October 2010, 16:31   #7
BANNED

I know a few senior people at SKS. I can try to get your issue resolved.
PM me/mail me if you need any help.
Old 17th October 2010, 19:51   #8
Senior - BHPian

@Carbaliga - Best way is to Twit. I heard that Mr.Anand Mahindra twits; If you're able to capture his attention in Twitter then you're issue is bound to be resolved.
Old 17th October 2010, 22:54   #9

Have you tried using Linkedin.com to find and approach the seniors ?
Old 18th October 2010, 09:28   #10
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

i would suggest you have a word with amith - their manager. until date he has always served me well. indeed ive bought 2 cars from them so far on account of being satisfied by their service.
PM me and I will send you his number.
delays do sometimes happen, in case the vehicle, colour, configuration, trim level etc is not available off the shelf. - but in my case they did go the extra mile and get me the colour of choice from another dealers yard from out of town.

all the best
Old 18th October 2010, 13:56   #11
Senior - BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 19th October 2010 at 11:40.
shishir_bn is offline   Received Infraction
Old 18th October 2010, 15:31   #12
BHPian

Thanks everyone for all the help. I wrote an email on Saturday to Mahindra Customer Support email id and got a response today that the Sales Manager south will take up this issue. In 2 hours i got a call from Amit - Sr Manager Sales - SKS. He has come back and has promised will take up this matter to get my car allotted on priority. He will revert by End of day today on the date.

As of now a bit more satisfied with his response and he has shared his mobile details to speak to him on any issue concerning this matter.

So will keep you informed based on the outcome. Hopefully should be leading to the better.

@n.devdath - thank you for the email id. As of now Amit seems to be helping me out and i will use it only if needed.
Old 20th October 2010, 12:56   #13
BHPian

Just thought i will give an update on my booking. Amit has helped me and i have been given a date of this Saturday for delivery. So in all eagerness i await.

Once the vehicle is received i will post an ownership report and ask for closure of this thread.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks