Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2010, 12:10   #31
BHPian

>>>

I think the dealer has messed it up; cannot imagine an OEM rule/norm for (paid) AC service at 1k km. Even if the AC ( probably due to its design) requires a check up at 1k km (due to arguably the worst driving conditions anywhere-dust, heat, pollution, stop & go traffic et.al) it simply can't be a paid for service.
And coming from Jap firms which are renowned for their customer friendliness approach and reliable machinery?

The suspect is the dealer- Honda has to nail the dealer.

Regards, drive safe
Old 18th November 2010, 12:39   #32
BHPian

The car was received back after the 1st service which included engine oil change.

I received a call from Customer Manager Solitaire Honda just now asking for details on what exactly went wrong and the name of the service adviser. I explained the incident and was told someone will get back to me. This means Honda has started some movement regarding my complain which is a positive sign.

I tend to wonder is this happening because the dealers are not making enough money with the decline in Honda sales and more dealerships opening up? If this is so then its a spiraling issue where the unsatisfied customers will result in further reduction in sales. what say?
Old 18th November 2010, 14:12   #33
BANNED

@tazmaan; Most likely you will get an apology from both the SM and the SA (the latter may be in writing).

My own guess it that they harp back to the old days when the AC was out of warranty as soon as the car left the forecourt. Even if the compressor failed the least damage you could expect was to pay for the gas and labour. The chap was just stretching the point!
Old 19th November 2010, 11:25   #34
GTO
Team-BHP Support

What a scam! Dealers keep coming up with innovative ways to cheat customers every day. I'm glad that you took a firm stand, but what worries me is that there are thousands of lesser-informed car owners who get taken for a ride by such idiots.

BTW, I found my pre-worshipped Civic from Solitaire Honda (Borivali) and even got it completely serviced before delivery. The service experience was outstanding.
Old 19th November 2010, 14:09   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
BTW, I found my pre-worshipped Civic from Solitaire Honda (Borivali) and even got it completely serviced before delivery. The service experience was outstanding.
My sentiments exactly, my experience with Solitaire Honda Borivali was superb. They took good care of my Civic when I gave it for door replacement and were quite honest in their dealings.

BTW, was your car serviced at Solitaire Andheri? There is no chance in hell that your car needs a AC service and kudos to you for standing your ground and escalating the issue.
Old 25th November 2010, 22:46   #36
BHPian

Hi Tazmaan ,

Any updates ? Has honda taken any action against the dealership / Service Advisor ? I really doubt they will.
Paid A/c service of a brand new car at 1000 Kms - lol this one really takes the cake ! how could a service advisor think a person spending 22 L would be dumb enough to believe that crap or may be that they think he bought a 22L car so he doesnt care abt a grand or 2. Seriously ridiculous !
Old 29th November 2010, 12:38   #37
BHPian

Sorry Guys was out on a Vacation and could not reply.

I had got a call from Solitaire Honda Customer Relations manager stating that they were sorry for inconvenience caused and it was a miss communication. What the service advisory suggested was that It was an AC accessory (some filter) and not service that would cost 1000/-.

I told here clearly that it was not miss communication and I was repeatedly told it was Gas charging and the warranty would be void if I don't do it. On this she said she will talk to the service advisory again and send him for training.

I told her bluntly on her face that it was a malpractice, charting and asked her to get an audit done on how many people have paid this 1000/- rupees for AC on their first service and call them up to understand why they paid.

She had no answer for this and said she will get back. This was a week ago and I am still waiting for follow up.

Quote:
What a scam! Dealers keep coming up with innovative ways to cheat customers every day. I'm glad that you took a firm stand, but what worries me is that there are thousands of lesser-informed car owners who get taken for a ride by such idiots.

Yes GTO my previous experience with a new Civic from Solitaire was good and that's the reason why I got the Accord from there. But this time Solitaire goofed up big time with the delivery (for which I have an Apology letter from them) and now A.S.S.
Old 31st January 2011, 16:07   #38
BHPian

Re: Solitaire Honda (Mumbai) insists on paid AC service at 1000kms for a new Accord

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post

I have escalated this to Honda and mentioned this link lets see if it gets Honda to take corrective steps against such dealers.

I have written to the owner of Solitaire regarding this. Let's see what he has to say. I had a horrible experience with Solitaire as well and it was escalated to Honda (who has been extremely professional about it) and the owner of Solitaire.

Eventually the issues were resolved. Lets see if they continue down this path!

You can read about the incident with me at
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-dealer-2.html (last post).

It's not very well written I admit, since it was done in a hurry.
Old 31st January 2011, 17:36   #39
BHPian

Re: Solitaire Honda (Mumbai) insists on paid AC service at 1000kms for a new Accord

Quote:

GTO<
You should try going to Linkway for your next service. Its a bit out of the way for me but I went to them for my car's last service (paid) and it was simply outstanding. Also, Linkway seems to be a lot cheaper than Solitaire as far as regular things like oil change are concerned. I was told that mineral oil alone costs 2300 INR by Solitaire and I would have to pay for the labour, filter etc and the service as well and the total cost will be about 3500 INR. I got the oil change done with servicing at Linkway and the total cost was 2200 INR!!!

I think the difference is because Mr. Mohan Mariwala visits the office regularly and coming from the family that he does, I would be extremely surprised if he would tolerate behavior like that of Solitaire's. Plus you get regular follow ups from the Linkway team.

I think the problem with Solitaire is that they don't care about losing customers. Believe it or not when I got my car serviced at Linkway I had an appointment booked with Solitaire as well (I had made an appointment and then decided to check with Linkway for the pricing). I didn't bother canceling the appointment with Solitaire so as far as they were concerned I was still scheduled to visit them. I did not get a call from them to confirm the visit the day before or on the day of service. Linkway on the other hand were thorough professionals about the whole thing with reminder calls etc.

These are little things and some might say insignificant but to me it shows that they want customers.
Old 1st February 2011, 19:10   #40
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKap View Post
GTO< You should try going to Linkway for your next service. Its a bit out of the way for me but I went to them for my car's last service (paid) and it was simply outstanding.
Hey thanks! I'm already familiar with Linkway though . Have used their services for 5+ years for the erstwhile OHC Vtec. Their location didn't bother me as I always got them to pick up / drop off the car.

Quote:
I think the problem with Solitaire is that they don't care about losing customers.
Solitaire's unnecessary upselling the thread starter is definitely a shame. However, I've had a positive experience with them and am open to a second try (when my Civic's annual service is due in March).
Old 1st February 2011, 19:52   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

No automobile company in its right senses would insist on an AC servicing at 1000 km.

My Accent was nearly 6 years old/60,000km when I finally agreed to the service guys' pleas to get it cleaned and serviced- that too because some rat got in and died there .

My Swift was 40,000 km+ before its AC conked (a tear in the gas hose) and I had to get it serviced.

While I agree that you need to complain to Honda about this, it's more important to find a good, reliable dealer to do your servicing from. In the
long run that'll benefit you more. C'mon you're in Mumbai, how hard can it be??!!
Old 2nd February 2011, 13:43   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Solitaire's unnecessary upselling the thread starter is definitely a shame. However, I've had a positive experience with them and am open to a second try (when my Civic's annual service is due in March).

I've met a few people who are extremely unhappy about solitaire. I am myself disappointed with them. I think they were pretty good initially but over the last 2 years or so have lost it.
Old 7th February 2011, 12:15   #43
BHPian

2nd Srevice Update

My Accord has now clocked more than 6000 kms in less than 4 months. I got the 2nd service done at 53xx kms and got it done from solitaire itself. Why? is a good question! Well I understood that all the dealers have their pros and cons and a known devil is better than an unknown devil.

But this time instead of opting for a pick up and drop facility I took the car myself to the showroom. I had fixed an appointment and I spoke to the sales manager who had goofed up last time and warned him that I am going to bring the car myself and will not tolerate any goof ups.

After that I got 2 confirmation calls, and sms confirming my appointment and they even listed down any problems I had on the phone.

1. I had issue of foul smell from AC when heater is turned on
2. A rattle from rear tray which holds the speakers
3. Vibrationg brake pedals and steering wheel when the car braked at speeds higher than 100.

I was assigned a mechanic who was patient and noted down all the issues and understood them.

The problems were solved to my satisfaction and the delivery was delayed by a day.

Over all its an improvement from before but how often will I be able to drop and pickup the car my self for services?

P.S. Oh by the way a junior sales person insisted I get the AC dis-infected on chargeable basis. I asked him to talk to his seniors and then get back to me. I never saw him again!!

Last edited by tazmaan : 7th February 2011 at 12:17. Reason: edit
Old 11th April 2011, 12:27   #44
BHPian

Accident and Honda A.S.S issues

Dear Friends,

My Accord had a small accident which resulted in a broken Front Wind shield.

I was driving along the by lanes and suddenly I heard a BANG!!! and windshield cracked. It then dawned upon me it was a coconut that hit my windshield which fell from the near by tree. I move on thinking that no one was hurt and these things are beyond ones control.

Next day I call up Honda for the car to be picked up. On 26th March the car is picked up and I am assured delivery back in 4 days. After 4 days when I follow up with Honda they say parts are not available and ask me to wait till 4th April. Again on 4th April when I follow up with Honda they say parts are still not available and I should wait till 8th April. When I called them back on 8th April I get to know the car is still not fixed and I should contact them on 13th April.

With constant delays and being short on one car I ask them that since non availability of parts is a fault on Honda's part I should get a loaner car till the car is fixed. As expected the offer was turned down saying honda doesn't have policy of loner car and suddenly the service manager started ignoring my calls.

I then managed to get in touch with the customer care represenative and insisted that either I get a loaner car or they should give me in writing that my car is lying with them for more than 2 weeks and they are unable to repair it due to non availability of parts. I have got the letter and will scan and upload later.

I have had issues with Honda before and the A.S.S seems to be worst in the car segment. Hell even Fiat can manage to get a simple part like Windshield in no time.

My experience with Honda is so bad I am now feeling that my money invested in Accord is just a BIG MISTAKE!!!
Old 12th April 2011, 17:29   #45
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Accident and Honda A.S.S issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
my car is lying with them for more than 2 weeks
Shucks, and to think, we buy Hondas for the piece-of-the-mind factor. Sorry to hear about your poor experience, Tazmaan.

Consider windshield experts? I even used them for my Benz and they did an A+ job. I'm sure they have an Accord windshield in stock Directory Linky

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks