Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2005, 17:46   #1
BHPian

Shaman FIAT

hey,
last week my friend and i went to test drive the Petra,since there already is a review on the Petra i am going to talk about the Dealers attitude.
My friend and I entered at about 4:30pm,a salesman of around early twenties attended us.The first quetion we asked him what was the difference between a Sienna and a Petra,with that he started with the tail lamps etc,we cut him short and asked him to tell us about only about whether the engine was touched to which he said"Sir let me finish"this was fair enough,he pauses looks at the car and starts saying everthing again! like he had mugged up his anwers for an aural exam! and the best part he still did not tell us about the difference which we ignored then cause we just wanted to test drive the car,then we on asking him what engine options they have he answered 1.2p,1.6p and 19d.My friend a big fan of diesel engines asked him whether it was Turbocharged or not,to which he say "excuse me" and brings another man of about early fiftees,we ask him the same and he said No it is not turbocharged,we asked him now days all diesel engines are coming up with better engines like the Skoda,he said that is a 11lakh car,then when i asked him what about the Indigo TDI or the Indica V2 Turbo,he said this is an Italian engine and that is Indian!!!
On asking him whether he could give us a test drive then he said yes and got the display car out! we left but there was no petrol in the car so we stopped and filled in petrol first before ripping it in sea face.We were amazed at the stability of the car and the F.E. so we asked him whether the diesel engine was this responsive or was it heavy to drive to which he replied yes definately sir the diesel engine is more heavy then the petrol engineso the diesel car will be xxkgs heavier!(this was the earlier saleman again)
We came back happy with the car and amazed at the saleman,the car had clocked 23Kms before the TD and 24 after hence the meter was not dissconnected.
sorry for making it boring but this is the first tiem i am writing a review.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks