Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2011, 18:19   #1
Senior - BHPian

Wheels World Gurgaon

This is one of the most unprofessional & pathetic tyre stores. They do everything wrong from selling "imported tyres" under warranty, to using bad outdated tyre changers (thereby damaging alloys & tyre beading)

I recently got my Octavia tyres changed from them. They took about 5 hours (no exaggeration) to dismount the old tyres & fit the new tyres. In the process damaging one alloy & one new tyre's beading.

Then they totally deny that it is there fault that the damage happened.

More later. One word STAY AWAY
Ricky_63 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2011, 20:28   #2
BHPian

Re: Wheels World Gurgaon

Wheels world eh? Where is this setup? Old-delhi road? 5 hours for an Octy's tyre change is outrageous. Had my Octy's footwear changed last year from Turanzas to Yokos. Job done in 45 mins flat in Delhi. Somehow none of the dealers in Gurgaon looked convincing and henceopted for Delhi.
Old 5th January 2011, 20:34   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesc View Post
Somehow none of the dealers in Gurgaon looked convincing and henceopted for Delhi.
+1. I have been to many shops in Gurgaon and all of them looked to be dealing with the customers the way they were dealing during old Gurgaon Days.
This is why I prefer to come to Delhi for all the jobs.
Old 25th January 2011, 20:03   #4
Senior - BHPian

Well the Wheels World fellow is from Karol Bagh originally (so he says). It is just that here in Gurgaon they think, it is either the well heeled (who in their opinion know nothing about cars / tyres & such "trivial things") or there is the local community with whom they deal with great "respect" or else there is the Chinese tyre market of the taxi drivers.

This guy was a little taken aback as I pointed his mistake out, ofcourse he was most interested to have me seated inside the shop & have tea etc...

In stark contrast is STAR WHEELS at Atul Kataria Chowk, Sector 14, Gurgaon. Mr. Deepak is a thorough gentleman & is knowledgeable & polite. Has an excellent set up. How I wish I had gone there in the first place. So now I only deal with STAR WHEELS for my requirements. This gentleman & his setup is HIGHLY RECOMENDED.

Cheers
Ricky_63 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th March 2013, 17:03   #5
BHPian

I went to Star wheels today for alignment. Deepak wasn't to be seen, probably busy with another customer who'd come to buy tyres.

I had never seen anyone use a thread but that's what they did. Two laser sensors and thread to measure alignment with rear tyre. Is this the thread method ? Maybe their machine wasn't working perfectly or it was their bad day but I wasn't very impressed.
Old 2nd September 2015, 10:28   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
In stark contrast is STAR WHEELS at Atul Kataria Chowk, Sector 14, Gurgaon. Mr. Deepak is a thorough gentleman & is knowledgeable & polite. Has an excellent set up. So now I only deal with STAR WHEELS for my requirements. This gentleman & his setup is HIGHLY RECOMENDED.Cheers
+1 to that. Thank you for the recommendation. There were issues in 2 of my tyres in my Verna and went straight to the shop i.e. Star Wheels. Mr. Deepak was nowhere to be seen, but I met someone named Rakesh. The very mention of Team-BHP was enough! I was allowed to choose what I wished, examine the compound, look at the tread pattern, given a rate card and everything possible under the sun. No effort made to upsell, allowing the customer (me) to choose as per my requirements. No unnecessary sales pitch unless they were asked for advice. Took the OEM 195/55/16 B250 Bridgestones and replaced the two which were damaged. Wheel balancing and alignment and nitrogen fill up and weights which were added was all done complimentary. The shop is fairly huge and they are now authorized dealers of the Momo brand as well. They stock Yoko's, Apollo, Bridgestone, Pirelli and a lot of other high end stuff as well. The entire exercise for removing the tyres, replacing them, doing the wheel balancing and alignment took all of 15 minutes. I took the luxury of browsing through the shop and their rate card for 45 minutes and was never once pressured to make a decision! Credit card / debit card usage will cost 1.7%. Typical tubeless tyres are in the range of ~ 7000/-. I paid 7200/- per tire for the Bridgestone's which I bought!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
I had never seen anyone use a thread but that's what they did. Two laser sensors and thread to measure alignment with rear tyre. Is this the thread method ? Maybe their machine wasn't working perfectly or it was their bad day but I wasn't very impressed.
I guess the machine was out of order, cos in my case, it was done on the machine.

Last edited by Eddy : 2nd September 2015 at 10:36. Reason: Merged
Old 9th September 2015, 20:48   #7
BHPian

I highly recommend Star Wheels. Visited them last week to get my Polo wheels upsized to Yoko. Mr. Deepak is a gentleman, a thorough professional. There was no hard selling. He offered to affix one tyre first helping me decide. Upsize was done in 30 minutes flat, workers are extremely professional, their tools are slick. They filled Nitrogen air in the tyres for free.

I have tried 3 tyre dealers in Gurgaon over the last 1 month including Wheels World. Star and Mr. Deepak are the only ones to whom I will go back to.
Old 10th September 2021, 12:44   #8
BHPian

Quite interesting. I need to get my Volvo alloys and tyres changed, could someone please share Mr.Deepaks contact details if possible?
Old 12th September 2021, 00:24   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
In stark contrast is STAR WHEELS at Atul Kataria Chowk, Sector 14, Gurgaon. Mr. Deepak is a thorough gentleman & is knowledgeable & polite. Has an excellent set up. How I wish I had gone there in the first place. So now I only deal with STAR WHEELS for my requirements. This gentleman & his setup is HIGHLY RECOMENDED.
10years and more, Star Wheels is still going strong. Have got tires changed on my own vehicle, my office vehicles and recommended to friends as well. The feedback remains same : Highly Recommended

The equipment is one of the best that I have seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
The thread method is well established and in some cases preferable over poorly calibrated mechanized setup.

Star Wheels uses both methods to ensure correct alignment and I liked this attention to detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratant View Post
Quite interesting. I need to get my Volvo alloys and tyres changed, could someone please share Mr.Deepaks contact details if possible?
It seems your Private Messages are not enabled. Not sure if its ok to post his mobile number publicly.

Last edited by AutoNoob : 12th September 2021 at 00:32.
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 10:39   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoNoob View Post
It seems your Private Messages are not enabled. Not sure if its ok to post his mobile number publicly.
Oh ok, fair enough I understand totally, I think I will just land up there and ask for him!

Last edited by Sheel : 13th September 2021 at 14:23. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed.
Old 13th September 2021, 13:39   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratant View Post
Oh ok, fair enough I understand totally, I think I will just land up there and ask for him!
You may try to call up the publicly listed landline number 0124-4301595 on a weekday after 11am.

This area is now quite congested due to ongoing flyover construction, with debris and broken road.
AutoNoob is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2021, 13:43   #12
BHPian

Quote:
You may try to call up the publicly listed landline number 0124-4301595 on a weekday after 11am.

This area is now quite congested due to ongoing flyover construction, with debris and broken road.
Ah ok, thank you so much for providing their number, where the roads are concerned, I have no option but to go there, need original alloys and tires and Ive had my share of bad experiences, and hey! ill get to try out the theories on the new tire size suggested to me right away! haha
Old 19th September 2021, 12:35   #13
BHPian

Quote:

So I went to Star Wheels after speaking with Mr.Kataria. As confirmed by some of you, a thorough gentleman. He had already done his research on the PCD of my car and showed me options available with him. Must say, a patient person. Cleared all my doubts. Fitting was swift. Old alloys and tyres loaded into the car with proper covering so it doesn’t dirty my car. I have gotten Momo 17” alloys, and Yokohama Blue Earth - 1 tyres. He recommended those as they are built for India in India and a 1.5 year unconditional warranty. Definitely at peace now. Will surely recommend one and all to go to him!
kratant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2021, 18:22   #14
Senior - BHPian

I am very happy to note that everyone who has gone to STAR WHEELS has come back happy & satisfied. This is how businesses ought to be run !!

Kudos to Deepak for his knowledge & professional approach
Old 11th December 2021, 18:52   #15
BHPian

Funny how the thread is titled Wheels World and we are praising Star Wheels .

Anyway, have been going to Star Wheels for a couple of years now for WA & WB. Very fast and 95% get alignment right in one go. Highly recommended.

They could be a little gentler while driving/ moving the car & auto transmission but that's me nitpicking.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks