Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2011, 19:51   #1
Senior - BHPian

Alert: Mechanics inside company authorised workshop resort to car audio speaker theft

I gave my santro for some major window motor replacement work, plus window lubrication and interior drycleaning work on January 7, 2011 at Capital Hyundai's sector 2 Noida workshop and my car was returned in a shoddy condition that day.

Link: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2202065

Now, 12 days after the work, I take out my car to go for some work (my car DID NOT go anywhere these 12 days and was parked next to my home) and I notice some wiring coming out of left front 4" JBL speaker that's installed in my car. I thought it must be some loose connection but to my horror, I see that the speakers not there at all! Some mechanic, while working at ,my car on my absence, took off the speaker and put back both the nuts and locking pin in place and hid the wiring inside so that nobody can make out.

I searched my car everywhere but the speaker is nowhere to be seen. I went back to the workshop and the manager has admitted the situation to be "highly affirmative", given that rest of my audio system is intact. He promised to investigate the matter and let me know tomorrow.

So kindly beware of the tactics that go inside the so called "company authorised workshop" when the car is given for service. And such thing I never expected from a Hyundai "elite dealer" workshop.
Pics shown below, just taken.

Alert: Mechanics inside company authorised workshop resort to car audio speaker theft-dsc00003.jpg
wiring poking out with no speaker

Alert: Mechanics inside company authorised workshop resort to car audio speaker theft-dsc00004.jpg
the place where my 4" JBL speaker used to be, inside the front left part of the dashboard

Alert: Mechanics inside company authorised workshop resort to car audio speaker theft-dsc00002.jpg
close up view with screw intact.

Last edited by sidindica : 20th January 2011 at 19:55.
Old 20th January 2011, 20:03   #2
BHPian

Re: Alert: Mechanics inside company authorised workshop resort to car audio speaker t

sid: sorry to hear that mate. I always loved reading your scoops.

With this I wanted to ask you:

Your window repair work was it on the same door where the speker was missing? Then possibly the mechanic 'forgot' to keep back the spekers? I am just thinking on a possibility.

Also - in this case since it was work on the doors, the person who took the delivery should have inspected that the 'related' things are working fine. When I say this recently we went to ICE an innova at a reputed place in Bangalore. After ICEing we went to inspect that all Power windows, door lights, auto locking etc were working fine after the install - because the mechanics threw open the entire thing during ICE install.

The thing I want to mention could have done better from your end is:
- inspecting the vehicle properly while taking delivery after repair (even more when you say the car was given in shoddy condition)
- 13 days after repair if someone returns back with such issues it becomes difficult for Hyundai guys to find the missing speakers / investigate the matter / own up the issue

Sorry in saying these, but I feel things could have been different if these would have happened

Regards,
narayanang76
Old 20th January 2011, 20:06   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Alert: Mechanics inside company authorised workshop resort to car audio speaker t

The front speakers in the santro are placed at the dashboard, NOT the doors. Even if the paddings are taken off, the speakers cannot be removed. And my right speaker is intact as it is. In fact, none of the santro's doors have provison for speakers.

Alert: Mechanics inside company authorised workshop resort to car audio speaker theft-154312_172268412807452_100000728839436_445274_2728953_n.jpg
The pic above will show you where. The encircled area is where the speaker was, and if you see carefully, you can see an aluminum coloured speaker cone behind the speaker grille. From that same place the speaker is missing. And both my door mounted tweeters are intact.

Last edited by sidindica : 20th January 2011 at 20:11.
Old 20th January 2011, 20:22   #4
Senior - BHPian

Dayyum! That's gross Sid. Very sorry for you. In case if the wire was not visible and if the thief successfully managed to conceal it in the speaker compartment, I wonder how long would have took for you to realize it is missing.

The wire turned out to be the "God's finger print" in the case I guess

Do keep us posted on the developments. Good luck
Old 20th January 2011, 20:27   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Why am I not surprised? A few years ago, my Accent needed a motorized antenna replacement under warranty, which was refused on the grounds that the faulty antenna was a non-OE cheap Chinese make. Since my car developed the fault in the antenna soon after it came back from a previous service, and since I was covered under warranty (which meant I had no reason to change the antenna at my own cost), I finally got a free replacement - but not before a huge fight. The antenna was obviously swapped at the last service.
SS-Traveller is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks