Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2013, 10:05   #16
BHPian

Re: Giriraj Motors - Delhi/Gurgaon

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Why didn't you opt for the wireless set up with new bumper. After all they should bear the cost and only that will perhaps change there attitude. The problem I have is that till the last moment they kept lying that there are 2 models and yours is the other one.
The benefit would have been - One wire less visible on dashboard (coming from the back) as anyway the Charging wire would still be hanging.

The perceived negative was - Some more wires will be sliced to get the power for the camera unit. Also, with horror stories of Skoda, I was bit skeptical to tinker with my new car.

It wasn't that I was a lot bothered, in fact personally I feel I have better visibility from Bumper Camera rather than one fitted below licence plate. The bigger question was, if they didn't have a part, why was that not informed to me.

Now, let me share further story.
When I took the car, I was really impressed with the fit and finish of the Leatherrete Seat Covers which were to come as part of the Leisure edition.
The fitting was so good that it felt like the seats were made up of the leather/leatherette and they are not really the saggy covers put on top. I even tried looking under the seat a couple of times as to how the covers have been put up so nicely, but failed to discover the secret.

After a month or so, it struck me and I realised, there is NO Fabric seat below these covers.

So, after again escalating and discussing with Giriraj Motors Gurgaon, I came to know that since they were running short of the covers, they gave me Bucket seats where Leatherette was used instead of Fabric.

I did not know how to react. The initial doubts I had was, are these the original seats, have they tinkered anything else. I lost another litre of blood.

So, again options were given -
Option 1 - The entire seats are changed with a new set of fabric seats and Leathrette covers to be put on top of them.
Option 2 - I retain the Leatherette Bucket seats and get another Leatherette cover on top of them.

Discussed with Wifey. The current set of Bucket seats were really comfortable and made the car looked a notch higher. So Option 2, though sounding silly, was accepted.

Got the covers last week and all is good so far (until another discovery is made, I hope not)

Meanwhile, got to know the factory where the Bucket seats are made. Also got 2 pillows made as complimentary. Though it is not a branded one, was impressed with their finish. Even the seat covers I got were made there.

PS: I could not perform a very detailed PDI on the day of delivery as had to rush back home due to some reasons. Learnt the lesson that we need to be absolutely careful and cautious before we sign on the dotted line and make all the payment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks