Team-BHP - Service experience Pandit Auto Vs Acumen Motors Pune
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Dealerships (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/)
-   -   Service experience Pandit Auto Vs Acumen Motors Pune (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-dealerships/96297-service-experience-pandit-auto-vs-acumen-motors-pune.html)

When my safari went for first service to Pandit Auto Pune, they called to tell me that my AC is not working and it seems rats had cut the wire! He told that repair will take time and he is sending the SUV back without repairing the AC. He also said that may be the whole harness needs to be changed and it may cost 16k unless they find some old wiring. This was last week and they asked to call on Monday (today) to get the appointment and price estimate.

I was kind of sure that AC was working in the morning when I drove it to Pandit's garage. But, I did not argue as I may not have noticed it because of its not hot in Pune.

When the SUV arrived home, I saw the damage myself (photo attached). Somehow I thought it should be repairable without changing the whole wiring. So, I found that Acumen motors in Bavdhan have opened a new TASC and I just drove there today. They said it can be fixed easily by re-crimping. I just waited there for 90 minutes and my SUV was blowing AC like new clap:. The Acumen guy told me that he has also soldered the wires on top of the clamp. Total cost Rs 276.

I think in future I will avoid Pandit Auto

I'd mixed experience at Acumen motors when I serviced my safari there, last week. Already made 2 visits so far and have to make another visit tomorrow to sort out things they should have fixed in the first go itself. I think they lack experience in servicing a 4x4 safari. They also do not have good stock of spares (for safari). However, the mechanic who worked appeared honest and sincere and was willing to go extra step to please.

-BJ

Quote:

Originally Posted by akmits_bhp (Post 2236535)
I think in future I will avoid Pandit Auto

Ajay , that sad to hear . Well could you please ellaborate which wire did the rats cut . All I want to understand is how easily the wires are approachable to rats , I believe that how they made entry to the engine bay and on top of it to the firewall (if I understood it correctly ) or did the rats just cut the wires in the engine bay itself .

Also , does warranty stand void when patching / rejoining is done by the TASS guys please:

Hey,

this was before our BHP Pune meet. I could have shown it to you @ Sheetal.
Any way, these are 4 wires going to the compressor. It seems rats can climb up the wheel and into the bay.

I asked the acumen motor folks about the warranty- he said since we are TASC doing the work, warranty should not be an issue.

-a
Quote:

Originally Posted by jealousdiamond (Post 2268661)
Ajay , that sad to hear . Well could you please ellaborate which wire did the rats cut . All I want to understand is how easily the wires are approachable to rats , I believe that how they made entry to the engine bay and on top of it to the firewall (if I understood it correctly ) or did the rats just cut the wires in the engine bay itself .

Also , does warranty stand void when patching / rejoining is done by the TASS guys please:

I did my second servicing from Acumen day-before-yesterday. They are little sloppy on time. I was told to collect my car at 5pm and I actually drove away at 7pm. Apart from that the people seemed reasonable and interested in hearing you. The car was delivered well washed.

Do these guys (Acumen Motors) service Fiat cars too? Now that we have only one dealer in Pune to sell Fiat cars, which is Pandit Auto, it would be suicidal to trust them completely for sales and service of Fiat vehicles.

Any idea whether Fiat-Tata JV is planning to open new dealerships for their cars in Pune?

@SankalpDesai, Based on the display board, they seem to be Tata-Fiat service center (FASC). That should be a good news because I am apprehensive of Pandit auto FASC. Since my car is out of warrantee, I may still trust it to B.U. Bhandari though.

Here is my experience for Acumen Motors .

Service : Second Free Service (15000kms)

Pre-service booking : I was looking out for Acumen Motors numbers on the net. Fiat site shows a number but the landline is a fax number so nobody answers it. Fortunately I got the cellphone number of the workshop manager Mr Amol through a friend of mine and asked him about a number to which I can call to book a appointment. He was kind enough to book it for me after I sms-ed him my car number, name etc.

Service day : Saturday 19th 2011. I was told to come around 9.30am. I went to the workshop at 9.45am. Actually I lost my way trying to find out the location. After a bit of off-roading on a gravelled road I found myself in front of the workshop. There were couple of cars before me. Most of them were FIATs. That boosted my confidence a bit. A SA called Shivaji attended to my car. He noted down bumps and scratches , enquired about any issues in the car and asked me to come in the evening around 5pm. Budget given to me 4500Rs.
I called up at 4pm and asked about the car status. "Its in washing " was the reply . Cool I took a six-seater and went to the workshop at 5pm. I met the SA and asked about the car .
SA : "Its getting a wash sir" .
Me : "Arre it is right behind you on the fork lift . Your guy is changing engine oil"
Good thing was that I could stand next to the service mechanic when he changed all the essential fluids in the car. And after a wait of 2 hours I got the car at 7pm.

Good : The people seem open to listening to you. Apart from a windshield grinding to get rid of any deformities the SA did not try to push anything like a engine clean-up or a cat-con cleanup etc. The service mechanics do their jobs honestly. I mean nothing was missing from the car even a pen which I forgot in the glove compartment was still there. Car was well washed and cleaned before delivary. Even though it was getting late they did not try to take a short-cut.

Could be improved : Time . I mean it does not take a whole day to change fluids etc. Cost estimates , I was given 4500rs as cost and final bill came to 5331Rs. And nobody called me up told my final amount. In the end I told them to forget 31Rs since I had only 5300Rs in my pockets and cards don't work.

All and all I am satisfied with the experience. I think they are still a small establishment and will take sometime to come up to a level.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RX135 (Post 2286307)
@SankalpDesai, Based on the display board, they seem to be Tata-Fiat service center (FASC). That should be a good news because I am apprehensive of Pandit auto FASC. Since my car is out of warrantee, I may still trust it to B.U. Bhandari though.

The funny part is most of mechanics in Acumen motors wore a workshop coat which had "B U Bhandari" sewn on it :)

Is the "Acumen Motors" in Sales & Service or only A*S*S.
BU Bhandari is no more a TATA delear. In Pune Pandit is the only sales delear of TATA car with pathetic / monopoly type/ attitude.

my experience in both the showroom(Pimpri and pune city).

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikrantj (Post 2286327)
The funny part is most of mechanics in Acumen motors wore a workshop coat which had "B U Bhandari" sewn on it :)

I did not notice that. But, that actually is a good news. My primary concern with them was if they will be able to handle a problem which is not obvious. If they are coming from BU Bhandari, I hope they have some experience.

-a

Quote:

Originally Posted by KALINGA (Post 2286468)
Is the "Acumen Motors" in Sales & Service or only A*S*S.
BU Bhandari is no more a TATA delear. In Pune Pandit is the only sales delear of TATA car with pathetic / monopoly type/ attitude.

my experience in both the showroom(Pimpri and pune city).

Acumen has only after sales service ...

Is no one considering B.U bhandari as an option?they still do paid services

Quote:

Originally Posted by KALINGA (Post 2286468)
In Pune Pandit is the only sales delear of TATA car with pathetic...

I have posted this on a related thread earlier. Millennium Mobility is a new Tata dealer in Wakadewadi (opposite Shopperstop). You can try them, if haven't done that.
-BJ

The service advisor from Acumen (Shivaji), must have been ex- Jay-Vijay motors. Quite an experienced fellow on Fiats from what I remember.