Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Dealerships
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2006, 16:06   #1
Senior - BHPian

Ranjith Autocare Bangalore - any experiences?

Came across this workshop in Koramangala. This guy seems to do all kinds of vehicles, and in fact prepares cars for rallying/drags too. Apparently he's a K&N filters dealer too. Would be grateful for firsthand accounts of any experiences with him wrt costs, reliability, authenticity of parts etc before I submit my ohc at his mercy. Don't want to go to Honda anymore to pay 5 star rates for rather vanilla work, and regret it later.
Old 11th January 2006, 17:29   #2
BHPian

hi zenx,
i can vouch for RAC..sanjay and ranjit have been servicing and modding my palio for about 2 years now and iam really happy..they are good friends and are really passionate about what they do. sanjay made my 4x1 header for me. they are not too expensive either. iam sure kartick (race dynamics) will alo vouch for them, infact he sometimes works with them.
anoop
Old 11th January 2006, 18:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

anoops : thanks - its reassuring to have a long standing customer of their vouch for them. Are they equipped to calibrate ECU settings etc?
In general, is there a 'secret sauce' for every make that only their manufactures (can) get right ? Of course, manuf also indulge in trial and error i'm sure. But if there are basic 'locks' in the chips then one can imagine specialized equipment that might be needed.
Old 11th January 2006, 22:32   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoops
iam sure kartick (race dynamics) will alo vouch for them, infact he sometimes works with them.
anoop
Yup...anytime anyday !!!! Ranjith anbd sanjay are very good friends of mine, great guys with a a lot of dedication into what they do. I have got a LOT of work done by them. Good quality work and reasonable prices.
Old 11th January 2006, 23:00   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx
anoops : thanks - its reassuring to have a long standing customer of their vouch for them. Are they equipped to calibrate ECU settings etc?
In general, is there a 'secret sauce' for every make that only their manufactures (can) get right ? Of course, manuf also indulge in trial and error i'm sure. But if there are basic 'locks' in the chips then one can imagine specialized equipment that might be needed.
Hi zenx,

The original ecu is untouched. What we have are add-on standalone or piggyback systems that can override/correct the stock ecu.

Manufacturers usually give you a setup with a balance of economy and performance, and yes, this involves a lot of trial and error.
Old 6th October 2008, 11:45   #6
BHPian

I am planning to drop my Opel Corsa Sail 1.4, off for a servicing at RAC. Apart from that, I have a failed AC which i need repaired too. Are RAC good at AC repairs? I also heard of one shaji, a guy that has an AC repairs shop opp. Ambedkar Bhavan next to the Aiyappa Temple on Millers Road. Please advice
By the way, please think before you service your car at Sundaram Motors, Museum Road. I have had bitter experiences with them
Old 6th October 2008, 11:58   #7
Senior - BHPian

I go to RAC only for emergency repairs. I find their labour charges a bit too high. They charge 40 bucks EACH for putting in a spark plug that costs 60/-.
Old 6th October 2008, 11:59   #8
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie View Post
By the way, please think before you service your car at Sundaram Motors, Museum Road. I have had bitter experiences with them
What kind of bitter experience you had there?
Old 6th October 2008, 12:23   #9
BHPian

I needed my car serviced before a trip to kerala. I told them I have only two days. I dropped my car off on a Saturday and was asked to collect it on Monday, by late afternoon.
I was horrified to see my car when i got there. It was dirtier than when i had given it to them. Had grease stains on the roof and finger print marks all over. All my papers in the dash were lying on the car seat and my music system was used on full volume and not reduced. When i asked them, they said it would be cleaned. I chose to believe them. I waited patently for over an hour for my bill to be processed and printed out.

I received a bill for about six thousand rupees. It was a general servicing bill. The "INSP" flashing on my Odo was not reset. (INSP occurs when the car needs attention, usually for the 10,000km service reminder) The coolant leves was very low and not checked. My interiors were dirty. Soot marks on my seat and the roof inside.

When i objected to their service and shoddy job, they asked me to leave the car for a few more days saying the load was too much over the weekend. the guy that attended my car was absconding and never returned till i left.

Since i have added and interface for my power windows they usually close when the car is locked. They even messed wth some wiring and now when i start my ignition, all the windows automatically close and its really dangerous since i have had my hand close to being jammed.

Now they expect me to call and book and appointment three weeks in advance, just for a general service. I am not willing to waste my time and money with them anymore. Unfortunatly the BOSCH service centre close to home (I had discussed about earlier), has changed to a maruti dealership.

Now im left desperately looking for a service center for my opel
Old 6th October 2008, 17:01   #10
BHPian

i had a pathetic experience at RAC for my ex-car (Fiat Siena 2002). I went there a couple of times and ended up paying hefty bills for the sub-standard service offered. Infact, I literally fought with Ranjith the second time I went there. I would not advice RAC

- Karthik.
Old 12th March 2010, 19:20   #11
BHPian

I also not impresed in my first visit to RAC , saw lot of recomentations in t-bhp . I went to fix my OHC's rear bumper allignment and clean the RH tail lamp, some water logging and became dull. They carged me Rs 675 for that dont think its worth for that .There is no finishing in the work.

Also they told me that one bulb in the taillamp is gone. I personaly noticed all the lights 2 days before and noticed that all bulbs are working. They couldnt produce the old bulb when i asked.

Took 2 days to deliver my vehicle back . Eventhough i feel it is a 2 hrs jobs. They made my vehicle dirty by parking the vehicle with opened windows lot of dust was inside . It took 2 hrs for me to clean the interiors.

Overall customer satisfaction is bad
Old 24th April 2010, 13:49   #12
BHPian

I had a similar experience with them too. Got their info from this site, I guess things are different if you personally know sanjay or ranjit. But if you’re just another guy with repairs or servicing then this wouldn't be the ideal place to be. I heard they could source my O2 sensor when Dakshin Honda messed it up for me. They took an advance of 1500 and told they'd call me back in a week’s time. In the mean time I got my car serviced and it took them over a week to get it done.
Three week later after no response I had to go back and fetch my money back since they had no idea how much longer it would take to get the sensor.
Maybe if you need to do a custom job on your car for a reasonable price this might be the right place if sanjay or ranjit works on your machine or else may be not IMO.
Old 24th April 2010, 13:58   #13
Senior - BHPian

Close you eyes and go to Race Dynamics, Sanjay and Karthik will take care of your car mods, fixes, problems etc extremely well. Only problem is these guys a bit busy most times so you will have to fix prior appointments to get your work done.

PM me if you need Sanjay's contact number...
Old 24th April 2010, 14:19   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
Close you eyes and go to Race Dynamics, Sanjay and Karthik will take care of your car mods
Is this the same Sanjay who was with RAC earlier? Does Race Dynamics do run of the mill jobs like car service etc. besides mods?

-- Wind
Old 15th June 2018, 15:42   #15

Re: Ranjith Autocare Bangalore - any experiences?

Hi guys!

I live around Koramangala and need to diagnose a low mileage issue with my getz 1.3 2005 (She's returning less than 8 to a litre :( ). Even after so many attempts with local mechanics and trident Hyundai Indiranagar.

Would these guys be able to help??I don't want another mechanic going trial and error on the car. Need someone who can diagnose properly and zero in on the problem!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks