Team-BHP - Best Auto Loan Rates in Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Loans & Insurance (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/)
-   -   Best Auto Loan Rates in Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/14474-best-auto-loan-rates-bangalore.html)

Im planning to book a new car shortly. Would be helpful to strike a good deal if people who have bought cars recently on loans in Bangalore can provide the details on the best interest rate they could negotiate. Im looking at a loan of around 3.5Lakhs for a duration of 5 years. Would be great if you guys can provide the agent contact through whom you struck the deal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushrutha
Y not give a search in the forum you will find it.

I did but i would like to know the recent rates as the rates have gone up quite a lot in the last few months or so.

Any nationalised bank would offer u good deals..

Thats right.I had taken loan from Corporation bank,Bangalore at 9.5% daily reducing.If you have all the documents ready its just a matter of 2-3 days.

Mine was done in a day, since I already have a housing loan acquired from there, so verifications were easy.

I was able to get a quote of the following for a 5 year loan.

Citibank - EMI 2147 per lakh
ICICI - EMI 2155 per lakh
HDFC - EMI 2120 per lakh.

I guess it is on the higher side compared to the nationalised banks.

well here's my 2 cents...got these quotes from SBI..

Upto 3 years (for loans Rs. 7.5 lac & above) - 9.25%
Upto 3 years (for loans below Rs. 7.5 lac) - 9.50%
Above 3 yrs up to 5 yrs (for all loans) - 9.75%
Above 5 yrs up to 7 yrs (for all loans) - 10.00%

Processing Fee

0.50% of Loan amount , to be paid upfront.

Cheers

I took loan for my Santro from hdfc 5 year @ 2105/lakh in hyd

swaminthanms,

Go in for (any) loans from nationalized banks only - State Bank, Syndicate Bank etc. They have the most user-friendly schemes with the lowest rates of interest. Typically in nationalized banks, any auto loan < 2.5 laks has 9.5% reducing and >2.5 lakhs is 10% reducing. You can even preclose the loan at any time without incurring any penalties and extra rate of interest.

As a rule I never approach private banks - they are exorbitant and the rate of interest they quote is farcical - they add a lot of hidden charges resulting in the actual rate of interest that u pay much higher. And of course most of these pricate banks dont have any smooth preclosure options

If you are buying any TATA vehicles or FIAT (petrol) vehicles, try Tata Motor Finance. They offer cheapest loans and also no hassels on documentation front...

Let us know the details after you got the loan, rates, EMI/lakh etc...

Pardon the ignorance. So can i just walk into any nationalised bank branch and enquire about car loans? Are there no loan agents who we could go through?

I havent come across any agent for a nationalised bank (SBI is an exception)... u can walk into any nationalised bank and discuss ur requirement with the manager..

Quote:

Originally Posted by swaminathanms
Pardon the ignorance. So can i just walk into any nationalised bank branch and enquire about car loans? Are there no loan agents who we could go through?

1. Its better for the customer that he deals directly with the bank than thru a 3rd party

2. You literally can walk into a bank and apply for a car loan. The only caveat is tha branch/bank requires any loan applicant to have a SB/current acc with that branch/bank. So if u dont have an acc yet, they'll require u to open one.

3. Documentation- These days, ur PAN card is a must to apply for any loan. They'll also ask for the latest 1-year bank statement of ur primary salary account. Its understood at this point that anyone who can personally refer u to the bank manager will make the whole process that much more smoother.

4. Recently, when I was doing the rounds to decide which dealership to book my Swift from (I eventually settled on RNS Motors, Yeshwantpur), I noticed for the 1st time in Sagar Motors, Bannerghatta Rd, that there were actually SBI car loan agents camped there. Just some food for thought.

I got my Indica turbo loan at 2080 per lac for 5 years from Tata motor finance. This works out to 9% diminishing. Its a good deal I think.

butttttt Tata motor finance does not do it for non-Tata cars. :-(

SBI is good, because after 12 months, you can make part payments and close the loan. No charges apply. The approval process is very strict and takes more time than pvt banks.

I got loan of 4.53 lacks for my swift zxi from ICICI for 3yrs at 9%.