Team-BHP - Strange Rule-Can't buy a C segment car if you done have any of A or B segment
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Loans & Insurance (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/)
-   -   Strange Rule-Can't buy a C segment car if you done have any of A or B segment (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/14899-strange-rule-cant-buy-c-segment-car-if-you-done-have-any-b-segment.html)

Hi Guys,
I came across a very strange rule a few days back while booking my safari. The guy at Nawab motors (Noida) told me that anyone who is buying a C segment car has to show a previous onwership of a A or B segment car (not even a two-wheeler).
Since I didnt had it (even when I was using my dad's Maruti and hubby's Ford) I had to submit RC' with supporting papers of my relationship with them and the car has been gifted to me.
I was curious to know if anyone here has come across such a rule. (It won't be a wonder if I was fooled on that for being a lady customer).

Please let me know.
Warm Regards,
Girlieonwheels
lol:

Strange rule (if it is). I have not heard of any. If I am now owning a bike and if I win a Rs. 1 crore lottery, this means that I can not buy a BMW X5.

very strange! its like i read somwehere that the JK tyre showroom in hyd asked the owner of an indica to get writen permission from the Tata authorised Service Center before they change the tyres on his indica.

whats up with tata, have they finally lost it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by deepakhon
Strange rule (if it is). I have not heard of any. If I am now owning a bike and if I win a Rs. 1 crore lottery, this means that I can not buy a BMW X5.

If u win the lottery, u can gift teh money to me and I will buy an X5 for u, mate!:D

As far as I know the terms like A segment, B segment are all coined by the auto industry and guys like us, just to classify vehicles. The governement (for e.g. in Kerala) has different tax slabs -based on weight and CC of vehicles. Remember, the tax-cuts announced in the last budget are based on the length of the vehicle.

What will be the outcome of this "law" if a newly-started hotel wants to buy 10 Nissan X-trails? Actually, one such hotel has bought 5 X-trails in Trivandrum....

Is the Tata Safari classified as a car, for driver's license purposes? I don't remember the various classifications, but a car is a light vehicle (I think). What about a jeep or SUV, does it have a different classification? Other than this possibility, I don't see any reason for the dealer's strange requirement.

:WTF:

- sounds as weird as a TATA car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandeepmdas
What will be the outcome of this "law" if a newly-started hotel wants to buy 10 Nissan X-trails? Actually, one such hotel has bought 5 X-trails in Trivandrum....

that particular hotel group is the biggest customer of Nissan in India.Almost every hotel owned by the group has a fleet of Xtrail-dci's.

All i can say is just those three words... and thank god there is a smiley for that.. :WTF:

Give them a hard slap girleonwheels..

This kinda rule applied to people looking to buy the Ferrari F50/Enzo, they needed to have previously owned a Ferrari, TATA......i don think so, go to another dealership!!

If you have opted for finance, there are some banks who ask for any previous vehicles owned and seek the RC book for verification, especially when buying a big car. Elsewise, the rule does not seem to exist.

No such rule exist!

My first car is a C segment car... I/my dad/ my wife/ my father-in-law/ or anyone in my family never owned any car of any segment before that.

I bought it through Finance, Even they did not ask about my previous ownerships.

dceite mentioned what they deserve!

Girlie, looks like the guy is taking you for a ride :)
There is no such rule.. There might be some other reason for the guy to be blatantly lying, unless it is a rule made by Nawab Motors!!

Hey Guys Thank you so much for the response. I am going to collect my Safari tomorrow, I'll make sure he remembers me for that joke all his life...
God how wicked can I get. But then I should have some fun too coz he made me run around the world to get the papers of all kinds...

Thanks a TON friends.

Never heard that rule before Girlieonwheels.
N even if the guy is taking you for a ride as people are saying. I stil cant understand as to why?? After all he wants to sell thats it.

Someone pls enlighten me on that!!