Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2015, 01:16   #16
BHPian

Re: Car stolen...now found! What to do next?

This is at the Saket court. I hope it goes smoothly from here

I forgot to mention that you don't need a lawyer for filing a superdarinama, but I met someone who had hired one to do the whole business for him for Rs.500/-.
Old 25th November 2015, 22:39   #17
BHPian

Sorry for the late update!

We appeared in the court on the hearing date, the presiding MM asked some questions like which car it was (forgot to mention it in the superdarinama) and how much it was worth. I informed him of the insured value and he proceeded to make an order for release of the car on superdari.

The bond amount was set to Rs.80,000/-. We got the order within an hour's time, for which we needed to make a short application for dasti. After getting the order, we got an indemnity bond made on a stamp paper of Rs.100/- for the amount of Rs.80,000/-. If anyone wants, I can upload a copy of the superdarinama and the indemnity bond.

After getting this, one has to go to the Police Station where the car is kept. You'll need to contact the store keeper (maalkhana). The IO will have to be present when the car is released, a few photographs will be taken of your car before it's release. The IO will draw up the Panchnama recording the details of release. You will need to submit a copy of your DL, Registration, the court order and indemnity bond. Make sure you make multiple copies of the same before approaching the police station since there are several copies that need to be attached and of course for your own record too.

All in all the whole process should not take more than 30mins if the cops are cordial and working. After the photographs have been taken, the car will be released to you!

I finally got my car back from repair today and it seems to be working fine barring one issue.

The steering seems to have no response. In the sense that when I turn the steering right or left, the steering freely moves towards that direction. So it doesn't have any feedback (like it would adjust itself). The mechanic says it's an issue with the shockers of the car and the people who took it for a joyride must've hit the car from the bottom. Is it really a shocker problem? Any help would be much appreciated!
sibot is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2015, 23:19   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sibot View Post
Sorry for the late update!

I can upload a copy of the superdarinama and the indemnity bond.
Its good to hear you finally got your vehicle back.

Yes please do upload a copy of each, and a breakdown of total expenses incurred (legal and under the table)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks