Team-BHP - Reviews of Coverfox Insurance?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Loans & Insurance (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/)
-   -   Reviews of Coverfox Insurance? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/178457-reviews-coverfox-insurance.html)

So, I opened up team-bhp and saw this ad for this service called coverfox

Reviews of Coverfox Insurance?-t1d3vcw.png

Thing is, I can't find too many details about it. Has anyone tried it? Is it worth it? Are there any hidden terms of service? I noticed that the initial quotation only asks for your phone number. Does this sign you up for a zillion callers asking if you're interested in all sorts of things? Do they ask more info?

Just looking for any info/reviews, that's all. I've never bothered to shop around for my insurance and this looks interesting...

PS. I did a search on this forum, but I couldn't find any reviews...only some mentions in megathreads

Quote:

Originally Posted by nukeblitz (Post 4022664)
Just looking for any info/reviews, that's all. I've never bothered to shop around for my insurance and this looks interesting...

Its an Insurance aggregator. I have used it only for getting the online quotes during my car insurance renewal. I however found that the T&C's mentioned in this Insurance website is not aligned with the actual Insurer's T&C's. Hence I use Coverfox for comparison purposes only but buy Insurance from the Insurer's website.

I found coverfox quote a tad bit more than the provider itself. Hence just use it for comparison.

I am currently looking for car insurance and checked last week on Coverfox. I checked the insurers website for the same quote and noticed they are a 1-2K on the higher side on the insurers website when compared to coverfox. I am seriously considering purchasing my car insurance policy from them (Expires Mid next week).

After I browsed the website, I got a call from their Sales executive asking why I didn't purchase the policy if I needed any additional information which was nice. They also offer quite a lot of services above and beyond what the policy offers which is nice. I looked for quotes from Bajaj Allianz on their website and they same to be on the higher ide when compared to cover fox. But don't go by what I say..Shop Around before you buy.

I renewed my car's insurance on Coverfox. I had New India Assurance previously and the quote for renewal premium was very high. After a relative bought insurance on Coverfox and told me the process was smooth and cheaper than elsewhere, I decided to check it out myself.

After comparing the quotes from various insurers, I called their call centre and asked them a few questions. The CSE seemed well informed and answered my questions without hesitation. I finally settled on L&T insurance as they one of the lowest quotes and purchased the policy online on the Coverfox website. Coverfox also offered a free roadside assistance cover.

The whole process was smooth and quick and the CSE was able to answer all my questions about the purchase process and general information on the insurers. I have no idea on the roadside assistance service as I've not needed it so far. It is possible that the premium rates could be lower elsewhere but I was happy with the way Coverfox presented me the options and information. Based on my experience, I have no hesitation in recommending Coverfox.

Used Coverfox to renew my insurance last week and I would say it was a breeze.

9 am - Registered for 9.30am on the site

10 am - Got a call and fixed a appointment as the policy was lapsed for a day

12 pm - A surveyor clicks a few pictures and I get a payment link

12.30 pm - Paid the premium and got a confirmation call

Will definitely use them again.

Hi Guys,

I have used Coverfox twice in the past. No issues to so to speak. I was quite happy with the service and the additional feature of "Road Side Assistance". They actually called me up to tell me about a special offer from Bajaj Allianz valid for one day only - which I took - and I saved Rs. 2500 on the deal. I did claim on this policy due to a broken windscreen and had no issues whatsoever. Totally cashless claim - and that too at Tata Motors. I am on the verge of renewing my policy with them again.
Just waiting for another "Special Offer" !!:D

Regards,
SS

Need to share a really bad experience I had with this website.

My two wheeler insurance was expiring on 7th Dec. Since I was travelling out of town from 4th, I decided to get it renewed earlier and did so on 2nd. Used policy bazaar and cover fox for comparisons but went ahead with Coverfox because policy bazaar was acting a little buggy (sometimes a quote would show up and sometimes it wouldn't). Gave the standard details on the vehicle and previous policy and renewed it after making payment. I checked the policy document after renewal and was surprised to see the number of errors in it

1. Date of coverage was starting from 9th Dec instead of 8th
2. Colour of the vehicle was mentioned as black instead of grey (later saw that they had a cover letter from the insurance provider stating that the colour always would be mentioned as black when renewed from Cover fox)
3. The CC of the vehicle was mentioned as 110 instead of 125
4. Vehicle detected was wrong

Sent them an email with these errors. The analysed and got back the next day saying "I NEED TO BUY ANOTHER POLICY". The lady who called said there was some issue because of which all these errors had come and they "will need to investigate". In the interim, I need to buy another policy and send them the old, new policy, RC copy and a cancelled cheque for the refund on the old one because they were not able to get the date rectified.

Finally went ahead and got a new policy from policy bazaar which was a breeze this time around. A suggestion to all - do thoroughly check the policy document when you renew from these aggregators. Also avoid cover fox by any means not because they had the errors in the policy, but because they do not have the capability to get them resolved without having the customer getting into a lot of hassles.

Quote:

Originally Posted by centaur (Post 4103180)
Need to share a really bad experience I had with this website.

I have a eerily similar experience with coverfox for my two wheeler renewal. Ifcotokio was the insurer and they had quite a few errors ont he policy and when I wrote to coverfox asking for clarity on how the errors creeped in when I verified evey thing was correct, they stopped responding to my queries and IFFCOtokio took their own sweet time. their customer service is non existent and only after I escalated to the nodal manager did they reply. I finally took it through ICICI Lombard and Iffcotokio refunded the policy amount. During all this ordeal, coverfox never once did reply, respond or contact me. I will NEVER use them again. :deadhorse

My ciaz will complete 2 years on the 7th of this month,so my insurance is up for renewal.
I got a quote of 18k(nil depreciation) for an IDV of 7.5 lakhs(NCB discount 25%) from my current provider, Oriental insurance.
Last year I paid 19600/- (IDV 8 lakhs). I was told since 3rd party premiums have gone up, the difference between last year's is narrow.

Now comparing with coverfox, the same Oriental insurance on coverfox is quoting me 15589/-. The Oriental officer at the office couldn't match the online offer and could give me a final quote of 17400/- , after calling her head office... still a 1.5k difference!

The difference is in the nill deprecation, on line it's 2.5k ...at the office it's 5.5k! Little scared about the validity of nill deprecation online... otherwise the Oriental officer has said that coverfox is a valid portal.

I would suggest try policy bazaar instead. Coverfox isnt that good. Already posted my experience in this thread and another BHPian also had a similar experience. In my case I did get some of the amount back and not the entire amount which I paid while renewal.

However, if you do plan to go ahead with coverfox, make sure to check the details in the insurance doc completely after renewal. In my case, some very important details were eerily wrong and cover fox did not have it in them to get it resolved with the insurance provider. In short - Exercise extreme caution if renewing with them

Quote:

Originally Posted by centaur (Post 4120433)
I would suggest try policy bazaar instead. Coverfox isnt that good. Already posted my experience in this thread and another BHPian also had a similar experience. In my case I did get some of the amount back and not the entire amount which I paid while renewal.

However, if you do plan to go ahead with coverfox, make sure to check the details in the insurance doc completely after renewal. In my case, some very important details were eerily wrong and cover fox did not have it in them to get it resolved with the insurance provider. In short - Exercise extreme caution if renewing with them

I wanted to stick with Oriental insurance and only coverfox provides the option to choose them.
Since the Oriental officer herself has said that they recognize coverfox, any issues with incorrect details they can manage(they haven't come across any case before)
I'll try my luck but thanks for the advice😀

Sure. Do share your experience once done
Quote:

Originally Posted by rambo1o1 (Post 4120659)
I wanted to stick with Oriental insurance and only coverfox provides the option to choose them.

I think you dont see an option for Oriental in policy Bazaar because when you give in details of your previous insurance, you would have selected Oriental as the insurance company and I think, the default behaviour of policy bazaar is to show other options apart from the existing one. This is my inference because when I tried without giving in my previous details, policy bazaar did show me my existing insurance provider as well. Just wanted to share this

Quote:

Originally Posted by centaur (Post 4120787)
This is my inference because when I tried without giving in my previous details, policy bazaar did show me my existing insurance provider as well. Just wanted to share this

+1. Policybazaar, as an internal policy, do not show you quotes from your existing insurance provider. I do not understand the reason behind it and why is a customer forced to change his insurance company every time they renew it on the online portal.

Why didn't you get the full refund when there were errors from their side? How much money did they deduct and on what grounds? Please share so that we all are better prepared to deal with this. I myself got my car insurance renewed from them last year and it worked out smoothly without any issues. Their quote was lower than Policy bazaar.

Quote:

Originally Posted by centaur (Post 4120787)
Sure. Do share your experience once done

I think you dont see an option for Oriental in policy Bazaar because when you give in details of your previous insurance, you would have selected Oriental as the insurance company and I think, the default behaviour of policy bazaar is to show other options apart from the existing one. This is my inference because when I tried without giving in my previous details, policy bazaar did show me my existing insurance provider as well. Just wanted to share this

I successfully renewed my Ciaz's insurance with coverfox. There was no hassle with the process, did it using the mobile app since the desktop version was only asking for the previous policy number while the mobile version was asking for engine and chassis number in addition to previous policy number. I guess they get all the relevant data from the previous policy but After reading about issues with wrong data, etc,i din't want to take a chance.

I even showed the renewed policy to my current oriental insurance agent who verified that my policy is genuine.

I used coverfox since they were significantly cheaper than the Oriental insurance agent who couldn't match the quote for a loyal 20 years customer. :-)

Policy Bazaar doesn't allow to renew with your existing insurance provider, a big shortcoming in my opinion.

Regards