Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2016, 17:51   #1
Senior - BHPian

ICICI Lombard: Mobile self-inspection for policy renewal

ICICI Lombard has launched a new ‘Mobile Self Inspection’ feature in its Insure app that allows customers to self-inspect their car for renewing its lapsed insurance policy. This new feature has been introduced in an attempt to reduce the time taken for the process of policy renewal.

Traditionally, policy renewal requires a mandatory inspection of the vehicle, which can cause unwanted delay in the process. The insurer has now eradicated the need for a physical inspection by providing the new 'Mobile Self Inspection' feature.

Using this new feature on the company's app, a customer needs to first pay the policy renewal fee online. Once the payment is made, the app prompts the user to upload a self-inspection video. The customer needs to record a video showing the vehicle's engine and chassis number and then do a walkaround of the car as prompted. Other details required to be recorded in the self-inspection video include the odometer reading, engine start sound, underbody and a close-up of any damage on the car.

The company recommends that customers using this feature record the video in broad daylight with a phone that has a camera resolution of 3 MP or more and a fast internet connection.

Once the video is submitted for approval, ICICI Lombard will check all details and generate the updated policy within a few hours.

ICICI Lombard: Mobile self-inspection for policy renewal-icicilombard.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 23rd November 2016 at 17:53.
dZired is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2016, 18:09   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: ICICI Lombard: Mobile self-inspection for policy renewal

Quite an innovative way of cutting down their operational costs: maintaining an agent workforce, their travel to the customer residence and so on.

Strange that you have to pay first before the inspection; shouldn't they be deciding the premium depending on the condition of the car.

Would they reject to provide a policy, or increase the premium once the inspection is carried out?
libranof1987 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2016, 08:59   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post

Strange that you have to pay first before the inspection; shouldn't they be deciding the premium depending on the condition of the car.
Precisely. Will there be any option of refund if customer does not wish to go ahead or a increase in premium. There might be issues in capturing the "engine start sound", as mobile phones are known to work "erroneous" wonders. But nevertheless, a good step forward to minimize the operational costs.
Majumdarda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2016, 09:39   #4
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Would they reject to provide a policy, or increase the premium once the inspection is carried out?
Given their track record of rejecting claims for all sort of silly reasons, I wonder why they would bother rejecting a policy. They might consider increasing the premium though!
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2016, 09:43   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
ICICI Lombard has launched a new ‘Mobile Self Inspection’ feature in its Insure app that allows customers to self-inspect their car for renewing its lapsed insurance policy.
Basically transferring the work from their field operator to the customer .

The last time I bought a pre-owned car, it had to go through this mandatory physical check for transfer of insurance. The dude who came took pics & uploaded them via the insurance company's smartphone app.

I do agree that the premium should be paid after the self-inspection is approved, not before.
Old 17th March 2017, 12:48   #6
BHPian

Hi, I have been getting calls from Hyundai to renew my car insurance (expiry in June 2017). It seems Hyundai has tied up with ICICI Lombard who has been calling me 1-2 times a day for renewing my insurance right NOW, by this Saturday to be precise! They are saying to give them a post dated cheque and are pressing me by mentioning that the price of insurance in general will be going up after March (not sure how much truth is there in that story).
Nonetheless, they are offering me an IDV of 3.8L on my 1 yr old Eon 1.0, Zero dep, RSA (quote attached) etc.

What I wanted to know:
1. Is there any truth in the story that insurance prices will go up from March?
2. Does it make any sense to get the insurance done right now or should I wait till May/June when my insurance is nearing expiry?
3. How good is ICICI Lombard? I currently have insurance from New India Assurance.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: xls quotation icici-16-A.xls (31.0 KB, 460 views)
Old 21st December 2018, 09:08   #7
Senior - BHPian

ICICI Lombard: Artificial Intelligence now for lapsed policy renewal

In addition to the Instaspect app introduced by ICICI Lombard for self inspection of the vehicle to renew lapsed insurance policies, ICICI has come up with Artificial Intelligence based solution to enable instant renewal of lapsed policies. The tech-based feature will allow the user to capture images of his/her car (the insurance for which has expired) and upload it using ICICI Lombard’s ‘insure’ mobile app.

Quote:
Each image will then be analysed by the cloud-hosted AI module to detect the presence of any damage, after which the break-in policy proposal will either be accepted or recommended for verification.

The solution has been developed in collaboration with Microsoft using various offerings on the Microsoft Azure platform. Through the usage of cloud, the company will be able to process multiple break-in cases simultaneously, without impacting customer experience.
The difference between Instaspect and this new solution is user has to upload images/pics instead of live videos. The images are analysed by the AI module and provides the confirmation for renewal.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/bu...e-3307761.html
Old 21st December 2018, 10:17   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dZired View Post
The customer needs to record a video showing the vehicle's engine and chassis number and then do a walkaround of the car as prompted. Other details required to be recorded in the self-inspection video include the odometer reading, engine start sound, underbody and a close-up of any damage on the car.

Link to Team-BHP News
I just went through this routine however this was via an Insurance aggregator app which was downloaded from Playstore.

The procedure is the same ..
Choose a provider --> Pay the Premium --> Upload Self inspection video via the app --> Once approved, policy is issued.

We need to capture the RC and previous year insurance copy within the video. The key to get the video approved I think is to highlight/do a close-up of any damage/dings already present on the car.

In case the video is not approved, the premium paid is refunded.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks