Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2018, 20:48   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: IRDA issues guidelines for car dealers selling insurance

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviraj View Post
I was given the same gyan about all india cashless claims etc. They dont seem to budge at all.
A lot of service centres have started acting on their threats. I took insurance from my agent for the EcoSport and i20 (New India; so "preferred" for both) and the respective service centres refused cashless. They have no fear of IRDA or the OEM either.

What's worse is, they refuse any help in administrative tasks: won't coordinate with the insurance company to register the claim, or final settlement. I had to take the claim form, fill it out and then submit it at the NIA office, coordinate with the surveyor to make sure he visited and approved the claim, then follow-up on the repairs, take the bill and submit it back at NIA office after paying for repairs myself.

When I argued with the head of the Insurance at Talera Ford Pune, he said, "do what you want, speak to whoever you want, we won't honor cashless if it is not a dealer-issued policy". He wouldn't even provide it in writing. Caved in and renewed the policy from the dealer the following year.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2018, 20:52   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
When I argued with the head of the Insurance at Talera Ford Pune, he said, "do what you want, speak to whoever you want, we won't honor cashless if it is not a dealer-issued policy". He wouldn't even provide it in writing. Caved in and renewed the policy from the dealer the following year.
Well just give a zero rating when the feedback form comes over. That will hurt them rather a lot regardless of his claims.

And escalate past IRDA by going to the Insurance Ombudsman.

Do renew through your agent itself - he will endure prompt settlement if you have a regular working relationship with him. And there is less incentive for the dealer and surveyor to inflate the claims between them, which will lead to a larger premium later on.

Last edited by hserus : 8th July 2018 at 20:57.
Old 8th July 2018, 21:14   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Well just give a zero rating when the feedback form comes over. That will hurt them rather a lot regardless of his claims.
Until recently, Talera was the only established service centre in Pune. Sai Sakshi and Planet shut down and Dhone was too new. So, couldn't mess with them. Talera is terribly sub-par so I'll be going to Dhone the next time anyway.

Quote:
And escalate past IRDA by going to the Insurance Ombudsman.
Did; got no reply. When I escalated it to Ford, I was told "shouldn't the dealer get something".

Quote:
Do renew through your agent itself - he will endure prompt settlement if you have a regular working relationship with him.
Out of my relationship with him, he was kind enough to collect the documents from my residence, submit/process the claim, ensure the right surveyor went in and also submitted the bill on my behalf. He was just as shocked as I was when Talera refused cashless.

A few weeks before renewal, I got a call from some agent of another insurance provider and I told him the story of how Talera will refuse cashless. He said, very confidently, they won't. So, I asked him to call Talera and include me in the conference call; we spoke directly with the Insurance head. This guy told the agent as curtly and arrogantly as possible that they won't honor cashless if they policy is not taken through them. The agent asked for it in writing; instead he was told to take a hike (actual words not appropriate for this forum).

The 3-4k difference in premium can cause a lot of trouble and hassle, when claims run high.
libranof1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2018, 21:22   #34
Senior - BHPian

They are just abusing their position as a monopoly Ford dealer in your city.

For body damage cases take the car to an independent garage that has a cashless tieup eg : Bosch, or some other reputed local garage.

Ford spares especially are sold over the counter so that is not a major hassle.

And yes rate the dealer zero in your feedback call.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks