Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2007, 10:26   #46
rkg
Senior - BHPian

what i feel is some one big in ICICI must have thought ICICI is looting public i will loot ICICI and entered in to an agreement with courier agency to make a bharat darshan for debit and credit cards
this does not speak well of the management of ICICI. all those highly paid guys does not know what is the shortest way to dispatch cards? if it so why do they are paid so much? further if a bank does not know how to dispatch a card by shortest route with all those highly qualified guys, how can it safe guard your money and invest it properly( ICICI mutual fund, insurance). in this forum only i have read that ICICI trains thier insurance guys to cheat customers with regard to claims( General insurance) if one branch of the company can train it's guys in such unethical practices what prevents it from doing the same in other branches as well?
Old 30th March 2007, 11:16   #47
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
generally speaking, one rule applies for all these private banks. loot the unaware customer & maintain decorum with the talkative, knowing customer. it all depends on the customer profile & there are many kinds of profile, trust me.
There appears to be much truth in that. When I was in the process of closing my home loan with ICICI, I woulld receive calls from ICICI everyday ( from Chennai, as well as Mumbai) offering me a personal loan ( as my record was impeccable according to them). And when I told them that I was not interested in their loans, and in fact I was foreclosing my existing one, the caller would ask me how was the performance of ICICI and would I recommend ICICI to my acquintances.I received this kind of calls every day, and every time my reply was that I will reserve my judgement till I receive myoriginal documents back. ICICI keeps the original housing loan documents at their Kurla HQ, not in the branch from where you took the loan. As a result, ICIC does not return your documents as soon as you make the full payment. You have to wait for nearly two weeks before you can hope to receive your original documents.

I was prepared for the worst, but luckily, I got my original documents back 12 days after I foreclosed my housing loan with ICICI.

Another thing I have noticed is that the different branches of ICICI behave differently. The Jablapur branch is quite user friendly, but Bhopal branch, from where I had taken the loan, just would not give you any information. So I made use of the fact that one can deal with any branch of ICICI that you choose to deal with. had I chosed Bhopal branch, I am sure I would still be running around in circles.
Old 30th March 2007, 13:47   #48
BHPian

To survive the customer-unfriendly services (read Banking, Telecom etc.) industries in India, what we need to do is "keep documentary records/evidences"; these can also be print-out of e-mails in present days.

From my personal experiences with ICICI, CITI, TATA Indicom, Airtel, Club Mahindra; I can say that every issue can be solved in your favour (read without paying any money) when you have the records in place. I was even able to close a CITI CC, after a gap of 16 months, when I produced the print-outs of online statements for the last two months of my CC usage.

Hiring goons for the recovery is a bad practice, no doubt, but in India there is large number of defaulters too. And these defaulters do make a killing at the cost of normal law-abiding citizen like us.
Old 30th March 2007, 14:12   #49
Senior - BHPian

I had applied for ICICI NRE account. I get the welcome pack. The pack itself has been opened and the envelope inside has been torn open as well! Ok...so it could be the courier guys who are to blame. I then sent the pack back to ICICI. After repeated calls/emails to then, there is absolutely no sign of them sending a replacement pack! Mumbai office says 'contact NRI office' AND the NRI office says 'please contact Mumbai call centre'.

Result? I have decided to stick to my local bank. They might not be 'India's largest private (goon?) bank', but they get the job done.

Note: Strictly my view/expression.
Old 22nd April 2007, 09:59   #50
BHPian

I was under the impression that ICICI is no different from village unauthorised loan sharks. But now it appears that they are far worse.

As I have mentioned, I have foreclosed my home loan with ICICI in february 2007 and got the original documents back too.

Now just imagine my surprise when the ICICI people arrived at my home ( built with the loan) saying that next installment have not been paid. The loan is foreclosed, and the ICIC has retutned the documents, and given it in writing too, and still their record keeping is such that their left hand does not know what its right hand is doing. Either it is intentional or due to incompetence.

Of course, I am on a sure footing, and ICICI has no feet to stand on, but just imagine their cheek. Despite the loan having been cleared, then will not leave you and try to tell you otherwis

I earnestly, earnestly request all loan seekers to avoid ICICI. They just cannot visualise how a loan taker can ever get away from their clutches. These neanderthals with no ethics are dangerous, and people need to avoid them at all costs.
Old 23rd April 2007, 22:47   #51
LLL
BHPian

My blacklisted banks:

Citibank - their home loan agents took the application fees, dragged the case for a month and rejected my loan application. Reason - They do not sanction loans in Gurgaon!! Did they not know about this when they accepted my application. I approached senior management in Citibank and got my fees refunded. That was my last transaction with Citi.

StanChart - their DSA told my dad that their mileage account offers interest at 1.5% p.a and converted our car loan to mileage overdraft acct. the actual rate was 1.5 % p.m. I repaid the entire amount with foreclosure penalty and SC said that we need to take an approval for pre-closure. Complained to Sr Mgmt and showed them how their guys cheat. Last transaction with SC.

ABn Amro - made the mistake of getting a credit card from them. Told them to close it, they didnt close it but added annual fees twice in a year!! I tried to get it closed with them properly bu tthey sent my case to collection agent...had to lodge a complaint with RBI to get them to close the account. Last transaction with ABN.
Old 23rd April 2007, 23:13   #52
Team-BHP Support

Always avoid DSAs, they'll say anything to close the deal. Then the nightmare begins, and they are out of the picture.
Old 24th April 2007, 08:16   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Always avoid DSAs, they'll say anything to close the deal. Then the nightmare begins, and they are out of the picture.
You are absolutely right. They will promise the moon without knowing the bank's requirements. Just meeting & exceeding their targets by hook or crook.
Old 24th April 2007, 09:43   #54
BHPian

Do nationalized bank come under the RTI Act? If yes, it may be better to bank with them as atleast you will have the right to demand to see the paperwork trace in case of problems.
Old 24th April 2007, 13:08   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLL View Post
StanChart - their DSA told my dad that their mileage account offers interest at 1.5% p.a and converted our car loan to mileage overdraft acct. the actual rate was 1.5 % p.m.
1.5% p.a.
Remember when something is too good to be true, usually it is not.

\N

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks