Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2021, 11:20   #1
BHPian

Can the loan applicant & registered car owner be different?

Hi All,

I plan to take a loan to fund my new car purchase. While the loan itself is not an issue (I have a pre-approved offer from HDFC and also talking to BoB who are ready for the amount I am interested); the question is can I register the Car in my wife's name instead of my own?

I tried to check this information myself but not sure on this. The bank agents are also not very clear so need some insights here.

As the car is on loan and the loan will be on my name, does the Bank and RTO insist on getting the Car registered on my name? TIA for any inputs.

Mods - Please merge into any existing thread as I could not find it myself.
Almoral is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2021, 12:17   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Can the loan applicant & registered car owner be different?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almoral View Post
can I register the Car in my wife's name instead of my own?
Yes; your Wife has to be the primary loan applicant & you've to co-sign the application. Now what I don't know is, whether HDFC bank permits for co-signing on car loan or not. Check the application form for co-signer section if you have.

Mostly the guys whom you're speaking should be a DSA, who have very little training for most common type of loans. You should probably consider speaking directly with HDFC bank, loan division by visiting in person.
aargee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th April 2021, 13:28   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Yes; your Wife has to be the primary loan applicant & you've to co-sign the application. Now what I don't know is, whether HDFC bank permits for co-signing on car loan or not. Check the application form for co-signer section if you have.

Mostly the guys whom you're speaking should be a DSA, who have very little training for most common type of loans. You should probably consider speaking directly with HDFC bank, loan division by visiting in person.
Yes you are right.
As loan is pre approved,and if account is not joint, co signing will not be required
MissionManali is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th April 2021, 22:17   #4
BHPian

Thanks @aargee and @MissionManali for the replies.
I am planning to go to the bank and get this confirmed to make sure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks