Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2021, 11:55   #16
BHPian

re: Tata-AIG won't offer insurance for VW Jetta | Declined under "moratorium"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post

Has anyone heard of such a thing?

Cheers
Yes, I experienced same problem with TATA AIG when I contacted them for insurance renewal of my 2019 i20 diesel.

They said that, because of too many claims for this particular model, they don't offer insurance.
Old 26th April 2021, 14:37   #17
BHPian

TATA AIG's rates are the highest and they only provided me a Zero Dep Quote for my BMW F30 (320d) as there have been no claims and I was on their policy for last 2 years.

I finally renewed through BMW (ICICI Lombard) who offered a much better rate for Zero Dep. Very few companies are offering Zero Dep after 5 years.

I have heard royal Sundaram and Iffko tokio have a high rejection rate (not verified) but they also offer Zero Dep and at more competitive rate. Bharti AXA was also not very competitive (and will be merged with ICICI Lombard soon).

Ultimately BMW (Inifinity) gave me a sizeable cashback from their own "margin" to make a decent amount. My agent was unable to match this.

Suggest to shop around and check with the showroom/ service centre if you have an ongoing relationship with them.
Old 26th April 2021, 14:43   #18
BHPian

I've faced this ordeal. Tata AIG has stopped insurance for any diesel car.I had enquired for my EcoSport diesel They had the audacity to call me till their branch office to tell this and waste my half a day. Their website does not mention about this at all. I'd tell everyone those who have diesel cars to avoid Tata AIG and look elsewhere.

I got my insurance from Acko for my car as they were offering the best IDV, and benefits at the lowest amount for premium

Last edited by jithin23 : 26th April 2021 at 14:44. Reason: Added content
jithin23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2021, 15:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
as the title says.

Has anyone heard of such a thing?

Cheers
These folks are notoriously heavy headed.

When I acquired Laura tsi, it was on Tata AIG. I had made direct contact with them for the transfer and initial interactions were cordial. By the time I got RC transfer done, they started acting bossy. Number 1 demands was to get the car to their office for inspection, which i refused as their office was at the other end of the city. Then I reached to my agent and within few minutes, Tata AIG inspector landed at my office..surprise!!

The inspection was smooth. After a day, I received a call from their office demanding NOC from previous owner. This is when there is no "no claim bonus" transfer and I have RC in my name.

To cut the story short, I switched to Royal sundaram.
Old 26th April 2021, 20:03   #20
BHPian

Tata AIG refused to renew the insurance of my Hyundai Satntro as it was over 15 years old. National insurance was happy to do it. Not sure if others have experienced something similar.
Old 27th April 2021, 07:58   #21

My two cents, hope many of you have read the fine print in every insurance ad ‘insurance is a subject matter of solicitation’ , insurance companies choose their risk appetite and have in this case ‘preferred’ vehicles for insurance, based on claims experience, spare part costs, availability of third party workshops for cheaper repairs and ‘declined’ vehicles.

Any insurance company cannot deny you third party insurance, which is mandatory for all vehicles to be on the road, for which the ‘solicitation’ clause will not apply.

Cheers !
DEEPSAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 17:14   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govindasrani View Post
Tata AIG refused to renew the insurance of my Hyundai Satntro as it was over 15 years old. National insurance was happy to do it. Not sure if others have experienced something similar.
Yes, have faced the same issue with the same model. My Santro Xing was continuing with Tata AIG for a no. of years & there was no problem faced while renewing with them. They sent the reminder on mail with the new quote & you followed the link given. This continued even after the vehicle age crossed 10 years.

Then, with the marketing blitz of Policy Bazaar, I decided to give it a go & renewed with Bajaj Allianz thru PB. But next year, I again tried to renew with Tata AIG but they declined the request stating that the vehicle is more than 12 years old. Even the fact that the vehicle was insured with them till an year back wasn’t considered. So, I renewed with National or United Insurance (don’t clearly remember which of the 2) via Coverfox. Currently, am with IFFCO Tokio.
I prefer Coverfox over Policybazaar, they spam less.

One more thing I got to know about Tata AIG (also applicable for other insurers) that any dealership schemes, they don’t offer on models more prone to thefts. eg. any scheme run during festive offers for TVS dealers, they don’t cover Apache as it is more prone to thefts. (The insurance is issued but Apache nos. are not considered in the schemes running.)
Old 18th May 2021, 16:09   #23
BHPian

Re: Tata-AIG won't offer insurance for VW Jetta | Declined under "moratorium"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish69 View Post
TATA AIG's rates are the highest and they only provided me a Zero Dep Quote for my BMW F30 (320d) as there have been no claims and I was on their policy for last 2 years.

I finally renewed through BMW (ICICI Lombard) who offered a much better rate for Zero Dep. Very few companies are offering Zero Dep after 5 years.

I have heard royal Sundaram and Iffko tokio have a high rejection rate (not verified) but they also offer Zero Dep and at more competitive rate. Bharti AXA was also not very competitive (and will be merged with ICICI Lombard soon).

Ultimately BMW (Inifinity) gave me a sizeable cashback from their own "margin" to make a decent amount. My agent was unable to match this.

Suggest to shop around and check with the showroom/ service centre if you have an ongoing relationship with them.

I had an issue renewing the insurance of my X3(which had 2 claims in 12 months), so the renewal quote they sent me was 1.8X of what I had paid in the previous year.

Finally went with Tata Aig, they did do a sweet deal after a lot of haggling.
snowmane is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks