Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2021, 10:42   #1
BHPian

Does a car's insured value drop after multiple claims?

Hi,

I have a comprehensive insurance taken for my car which includes bumper to bumper insurance, consumables, zero depreciation etc. I was also told that I can make any number of claims in a year and I will be compensated in full except some some money for documentation. But I am worried if making multiple claims in a year reduce the insured value in future renewal of plan? Is that the case? Is there any way around it?

I have already made one claim this year. I have now dented and scratched the paint on both of my rear doors. Paying for paint for a Skoda from my own pocked would be too costly. Should I instead get it detailed from a FNG?

Thanks in advance
Old 22nd November 2021, 10:53   #2
BHPian

re: Does a car's insured value drop after multiple claims?

I dont think that they can reduce the insured value based on claim. (Every year vehicle depreciates even if you dont claim)

The only thing that happens is NCB becomes 0% (which anyhow 0% in your case since you claimed once) so that premium increases next time around when you try to renew.

I have see community posts regarding companies not offering renewal/too high premium because of person having too many claims or car model having issue which the company is not willing to cover. (But 2 claims should be fine)

Last edited by SideView : 22nd November 2021 at 10:55.
SideView is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2021, 10:59   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Does a car's insured value drop after multiple claims?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sen2693 View Post
I have already made one claim this year. I have now dented and scratched the paint on both of my rear doors. Paying for paint for a Skoda from my own pocked would be too costly. Should I instead get it detailed from a FNG?

Thanks in advance
No, your IDV doesn't change / reduce due to multiple claims. But your premiums (apart from your NCB going back to 0%) do get impacted. Some insurers like Tata AIG might choose not to give you a quote deeming you as more 'risky' to insure.

Go for the claim if you get to save a decent amount over the FNG route - two claims in a year wouldn't be a rare occurrence in the market. Unless you have NCB protect, you already have lost your NCB due to your first claim, so the hit for the second claim would not be a lot.
ninjatalli is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks