Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2021, 11:24   #16
BHPian

Re: Buying a used car? Use IRDAI's online database for checking insurance claim history

I was excited to explore the website but when I checked insurance claim of my vento (latest claim was done in October 2021) it said no insurance claim done is last 5 years.
Atharva4545 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2021, 12:54   #17
BHPian

Re: Buying a used car? Use IRDAI's online database for checking insurance claim history

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atharva4545 View Post
I was excited to explore the website but when I checked insurance claim of my vento (latest claim was done in October 2021) it said no insurance claim done is last 5 years.
Exactly the same case for my vento as well, Only one claim shown which was made in Feb 21 but, failed to show the one made in Dec 20.
Old 11th December 2021, 17:52   #18
One
BHPian

Can people who are unable to find details also post the insurance provider name for which a claim cannot be found. I think that it is possible the portal is not yet integrated with :
1. all insurance providers
2. a combination of State data/ insurance providers
3. All data is not migrated

Hopefully this will evolve into something solid over time

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTheWanderer View Post
I wouldn't feel comfortable entering any information over http.
Considering the nature of data, again this is something not too concerning at the current stage. I will be comfortable entering details right now knowing this is just a check which cannot be relied upon.

Once the app becomes a source of truth, am sure it will change to https. I remember how initially the parivahan site could be used to see complete names just in basis of registration number and now it is much more private.
One is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2022, 18:08   #19
BHPian

Seems like a useful tool. But need to be aware if this is not a SPAM. Given that all sites and browsers need to be TLS 1.2 compatible, which makes https mandatory.
Having a site where we provide the car details including chassis and engine numbers can be a cybersecurity issue if this is not secure site.

Last edited by TheCarLover : 6th January 2022 at 18:25. Reason: Spelling mistake

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks