Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2021, 16:12   #1
BHPian

Elephant.in offers 80% off on car insurance! Any reviews?

We had a virtual session in our office with them about 2 months back.

Basically, they claim to get corporate employees the best deal and were offering FLAT 80% discounts on vehicle insurance.

I had not attended the meeting and was seeing the recording. It appeared that they have tie-up with other insurance houses. But it was not clear with who all.
As per their web page, they are backed by Alliance Insurance Brokers pvt ltd.

My car insurance is due in about 2 months and I am not sure whether to approach them or not. Has anyone here had any experience with them?

https://elephant.in/
rajesh1868 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 20:44   #2
BANNED

Re: Elephant.in offers 80% off on car insurance! Any reviews?

A simple rule to follow before taking any insurance - look at the claim process more than the discount in the premium.

Do they have offices near your location? Whom do you contact when you have a claim? What is the indicated time to process a claim? (Some companies allow you to approve claims upto a certain amount with digital approvals) Do they have a history of servicing clients in India, if not it’s going to be difficult if you are amongst their first customers.

Check out the claim procedures in detail, get the number of the Claims department from the sales guys and speak to them. Take a call only if you are comfortable.
EV NXT is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2022, 23:44   #3
HTC
BANNED

Re: Elephant.in offers 80% off on car insurance! Any reviews?

I had bad experience with Policy Bazar. I fell prey for low premium and ease of renewal PB offered. When it came to claiming, none of their features helped. Had to spend enormous amout of personal time talking to hundreds of their callcenter folks explaining samething again and again. Still ended up getting only 50% of repair cost after huge delay.

Long story short, go for the one which has office nearby and has good claim settlement track record.

I have nothing against Elephant.in. Just sharing my experience with similar one. As the saying goes - "experience is a bad teacher, it gives the lesson after test", sharing my experience so that others can benefit.
HTC is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks