Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2022, 17:17   #16
BHPian

Re: Booked Creta, dealer insists on taking insurance due to wider coverage

Just because it is a seller's market, your dealer is threating with all this. He knows you won't be willing to wait for another 8-9 months for the additional 20k in insurance cost.

As GTO mentioned, try to haggle a bit to bring down the cost by comparing quotes. If it is not working out, just pay it and take the delivery. For me personally, I am kind of guy who would pay 20k as I can't go through all this process of shortlist and waiting 8-9 months.
Old 17th June 2022, 18:38   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP-BHP View Post
You can actually go ahead and get a quotation from any of the partnered insurance companies (in your case it seems to be Future Generali, SBI General and Chola as per the brochure shared by you) directly and then ask the dealer to match it. The insurance service level will remain the same either you take from dealers or directly from insurance companies who have partnered with Hyundai.
Seeing the consensus here, that it's high, have reached out to all 3, SBI General has given me a quote of 58k, but not sure what all is covered.

Future Generali and MS Chola, somehow unable to generate the quote online, have requested a callback.

I will see if I can negotiate with the dealer directly also.
Old 17th June 2022, 23:25   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anirudhbb View Post
Hello Folks,

Things are different now.

I booked a CRETA SX (O) IVT Petrol, a Hyundai dealer in Bangalore.

Insurance that which Dealer is offering comes to Rs 78k, including B2B, EP, RTI and apparently covers things like rat-bites, cashless across India, No. of claims, etc

PFA, complete benefits if I take insurance from Hyundai.

The dealer is insisting on taking Insurance and may not be able to offer the Car without insurance.

I am kind of exhausted with this car buying process, which started in Sep'21....multiple TDs, multiple bookings and cancellations, a lot of negotiations, etc

I don't want to be short-changed and at the same time, don't have hours to spend any more on haggling/negotiations.

If you were in my place, what would you do?

Never mess with Hyundai dealer's Insurance commission. You will get your lesson of a lifetime.

My friend took delivery of his first car - A Hyundai Venue SX(O) DCT from Hyundai dealer with a name of fictional Sea god's weapon in Bengaluru. He opted for an external insurance, ignoring the dealer quoted insurance. Saved almost 30K. The SA was not happy. They immediately redacted the 10K discount which they offered on the show room price.

My friend ended up royally screwed on the delivery day. His car was not registered when we reached there. When asked why they did not inform us about the lack of registration, They quoted my friend saying he wanted to take the car for puja, as it was an auspicious day. Then they asked us to sign a letter to take out the car at our own risk to do the puja. The whole mood was spoiled to the core. This is my friend's first car purchase in his life.

On hindsight, it was my friend's fault as well - He did not confirm with the dealer before the delivery day. He assumed everything will be ready as he informed the sales team that he wanted to do puja on this auspicious day.

And then they delayed further - by dragging the registration, then dragging the number plate delivery etc. My friend lost his cool and blasted them. My friend also told me that his venue will be the first and last Hyundai car he will own in his life.

Afterwards, they compensated by offering a free seat cover.

Lesson learned - Unless you are ready to face issues and can handle well, do not play with the dealer Insurance.
rajeshsundaram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2022, 22:53   #19
BHPian

Dealers enjoy huge profit margins in insurance.
There is a lot of room for negotiations and discounts. Talk to your SA and insist on insurance discount. 40-50 K is the ideal price for Creta SXO.

I would suggest you not to buy insurance from outside for at least 2 years,creta's parts are costly (17k for one headlight unit !) during an unfortunate claim situation, Hyundai assurance will be of benefit.

Last edited by tiagoatrix : 9th July 2022 at 22:55. Reason: Spelling correction.
Old 9th July 2022, 23:57   #20
Senior - BHPian

What I generally do is buy insurance from the dealer itself for a new car, and switch to outside insurances from 2nd year onwards. I found that If I try to cross shop for insurance the first year itself, the dealer tries to delay the things so much that the car sits in their yard for an additional week for paperwork - and risk being test driven by every tom who passes by.
Old 10th July 2022, 11:10   #21
BHPian

Very valid views from everyone. Even though some dealers have put a notice that Insurance can be purchased outside, there are ways Dealers can delay.

And in the current situation where the waiting period is extended to 2024 (XUV 700), Dealers have the added advantage.

Closing this thread from my side as got the Car delivered last Sunday.

After NCB, I paid Rs 50k (the earlier quote was around Rs 78k+15722 for some Hyudani thingy).

I am fully aware that if I bought it outside, I could have saved Rs 20k additionally.

My current car was in dire need of all 4 tyre changes and as it is been waiting for several bookings since Aug-Sep-2021, hence was ok to not hassle myself any further.

And as informed, only OD needs to be paid for 2nd year. Comprehensive is covered till 2024.
anirudhbb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 11:12   #22
BHPian

A quote from a public sector General Insurance company for Nil Depreciation, RTI, Tyre and Alloy, Consumables, Engine protect will come around to 45k. Dealers try to avoid cashless claims if insurance is taken outside (which is illegal)

If you have the stomach for it, escalate the issue to Hyundai. 9/10 times they will re route issue to dealer. If issue unresolved , simply drop in a mail to IRDA(Regulator of Insurance). As the last resort, you can complain in CPGRAMS

But do realise that dealership will try every trick to spoil the buying experience simply because there will be another person ready to take delivery of the same vehicle at dealers TnC

As a middle path, negotiate and accept the same insurance quote in the 55 to 60k price range

Dealer pressurising customer to take insurance is illegal as per regulator
Voodooblaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2022, 11:19   #23
Senior - BHPian

It is not right on dealer part to insist on insurance and a reasonable quote for SX(O) IVT should be about 50-55k with all possible covers including zero dep and RTI etc. It can be even lower at Acko etc.

Having said that it depends on how much you are willing to fight it out vs OK to consider the over charge as a premium towards peace of mind and hassle free delivery.

I have gone through the ordeal by getting my own insurance because the price difference was 30k for my SX IVT. Initially dealer did not object strongly to me buying own insurance but created lot of hurdle and unnecessary delay during delivery but I stood my ground and they had to make things right. They even went to the extent of rejecting my insurance paper saying the QR code was not readable at their end whereas I was able to decode it without issue.

Had they been helpful in reducing wait time or offered better sales experience, I'd have paid the premium. But dealer was not helpful from the beginning anyway so I was not in the mood to pay any premium for pathetic attitude. I made my peace with the fact that all's well that ends well and I could get delivery as per my time lines and conditions.

If you are the kind of person who can follow up and don't mind pushing dealer to do the right thing then consider negotiating and buying your own insurance. If not then just go with the flow and be at peace.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 10th July 2022 at 11:33.
Old 17th August 2022, 21:25   #24
LK0

I am also in the similar boat.

Delear had quoted 64k in Delhi, which later revised down to 60k.

Given i need an early delivery i have decided to go ahead and get insurance from dealer itself.

One question, my previous car (yet to sell) has NCB of 50%. When I asked dealer about the NCB benefit they told me to furnish the NCB reservation certificate post purchase and they can reimburse the NCB benefit (~10K). Is this possible?
Old 17th August 2022, 21:50   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LK0 View Post
I am also in the similar boat.

Delear had quoted 64k in Delhi, which later revised down to 60k.

Given i need an early delivery i have decided to go ahead and get insurance from dealer itself.

One question, my previous car (yet to sell) has NCB of 50%. When I asked dealer about the NCB benefit they told me to furnish the NCB reservation certificate post purchase and they can reimburse the NCB benefit (~10K). Is this possible?
If you can arrange insurance NCB letter before new car purchase, that will help you save on the new insurance. For 50% NCB, you can easily expect to save about 12-15k depending on how much is the own damage premium on your new policy. It is straight 50% rebate on the own damage premium.

Once the car is purchased, it will be almost impossible task to chase insurance company or dealer for any sort of refund if any.
Remember, no one is going to be bothered with your case once the sale (of car and insurance) has happened and they will make you run pillar to post.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 17th August 2022 at 21:53.
Old 23rd October 2022, 12:32   #26
LK0

I went ahead with insurance (at full amount) from dealer. Though I got the confirmation on refund post submission of NCB letter.

After i sold my previous car, i got the delivery note. Using this delivery note i requested for NCB letter.

A number of email exchange with Insurance company, I got NCB letter physical as well pdf (took almost 3 weeks).

I submitted the NCB hard copy to showroom.

They confirmed it will be done in 2 - 3 weeks.

I didn't have high expectations though.

After a couple of reminders and 4 weeks later i got the refund amount in my bank.

Overall it was a satisfactory experience.
LK0 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks