Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2023, 19:28   #16
BHPian

Re: Struggle for a cashless Škoda Superb repair

Glad to hear that your issue was resolved. We purchase car insurance from the dealership for the very same reason, to have cashless claims when needed and peace of mind but like TheCarLover mentioned, Skoda and its dealers never fail to amaze its customers. Shame on them!
The issue here was not with the insurer hence lets not go OT by comparing the govt. and private insurance companies.

I explicitly purchase and renew my insurance from the dealers and I have very pleasant experience from both Kia and Tata so far.
Old 9th March 2023, 20:39   #17
BHPian

Glad to see your black beauty back in top shape.
Now that we don't have Mr Zac Hollis around, I am even more glad to see that Skoda has seen and responded to your tweet by making its rogue dealer to fall in line.
Deep Blue is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2023, 21:01   #18
BHPian

I thought dealer workshops make a large part of their profits from insurance related work.

Surprising they were unwilling to take in the car.
Old 9th March 2023, 22:07   #19
BHPian

In a incident, if there is no harm to people (where medical attention should be the first activity), and if you are able to make a call the FPOC (first port of call) should be the insurer. Tell them what happened (call centre, app etc, depending on what they support). Sometimes they will guide you on how to proceed.
Then work with a garage/dealer to get it fixed. It's usually easier to process cashless if you get the insurer into the picture early on. I have never experienced a PSU, always been with the new age private insurers. The premiums might be slightly expensive, but optimised for incidence management and customer experience.
man_and_machine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 08:08   #20
BHPian

I’m glad you could finally get it sorted out. Being a Skoda owner from Hyderabad, I understand the pain that you must’ve had to go through dealing with them. I have a VW too, VW service experience for me has been far better than Skoda. I don’t know what is it with these guys even after the company being actively involved in trying to improve. I can only imagine how bad it must’ve been earlier.
Old 18th March 2023, 09:14   #21
BHPian

Wow. I had United India assurance too for my Octavia. I hadn't checked for cashless while buying. PPS Gachibowli said they didn't have cashless with United India. I took their word for it and got a list from them on which ones they did have cashless for so that I'd renew with one of those the nex time.

Usually you get only one side repaired. But they repaired both sides. I asked for the running board to be repaired at my own expense since it was another accident and hence not covered (I wonder why). They didn't do that part properly. I made them do it again. Overall acceptable experience.

Much better than the older horror stories of Mahavir where they'd swap broken parts from other cars.

Last edited by evil_grin : 18th March 2023 at 09:18.
Old 22nd April 2023, 17:53   #22

I just got a Skoda Superb in Jan and had an incident with my car that requires a claim. The service team at Garve Skoda in Pune told me that United India's claims have recently been slow and asked me to pay out of pocket and that they would reimburse me when they get the money in 1-2 months.

This feels wrong. I have reached out to customer care from Skoda to see if I can get any help. LMK if someone has any tips on what might help.
javatarz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2023, 22:08   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by javatarz View Post
I just got a Skoda Superb in Jan and had an incident with my car that requires a claim. The service team at Garve Skoda in Pune told me that United India's claims have recently been slow and asked me to pay out of pocket and that they would reimburse me when they get the money in 1-2 months.

This feels wrong. I have reached out to customer care from Skoda to see if I can get any help. LMK if someone has any tips on what might help.
I had a similar experience, I hope the customer care team can help resolve the issue, I had to post on Twitter marking their India head, as I was told by the service centers that they can't do cashless.
Old 24th April 2023, 14:02   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgautam31 View Post
I had a similar experience, I hope the customer care team can help resolve the issue, I had to post on Twitter marking their India head, as I was told by the service centers that they can't do cashless.
I still Haven't received my claim reimbursement from United India and they quoted the same saying they can't do cashless.
dheer4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th April 2023, 14:28   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by dheer4 View Post
I still Haven't received my claim reimbursement from United India and they quoted the same saying they can't do cashless.
Oh that's sad to know, I was able to get the cashless claim, service center coordinated with the United India insurance company. Also, I received a call from PPS afterwards that they have onboarded United India now and will be doing cashless claims going forward. But all this after the intervention from Skoda India and escalation, as I was adamant about the cashless claim.
Old 27th April 2023, 08:20   #26
BHPian

I beg to differ.

My Kodiaq got massively damaged in December.
Zero dep insurance cover was with GoDigit Insurance (it was recommended by Brite Skoda, Noida).

Survey & claim was super smooth, even agents / surveyors cooperated with me the way I didn't expected.

As soon as the GoDigit provided Brite Skoda, the vehicle repair order (within 15 days), subsequent inventory orders were placed & work started. Only gripe was time taken for parts arrival & nothing else.
SilverSmoke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 10:22   #27
BHPian

Quote:
In general, the experience could have been better as I had to follow up with multiple parties, including the insurance company. This could have been managed by the service center themselves rather than I had to reach out to Skoda India.
Hey!

Another Himachal here and I am facing a similar situation - Do you have any email ids of higher ups in Škoda you reached out to or if they responded to you. Could you please DM me? Thanks!!
Old 27th April 2023, 14:11   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainboy1213 View Post
Hey!

Another Himachal here and I am facing a similar situation - Do you have any email ids of higher ups in Škoda you reached out to or if they responded to you. Could you please DM me? Thanks!!
Hey,

Good to connect with another Himachali! My BHPian status is still a Newbie so I can't DM you, and it won't be appropriate to share Skoda's relationship manager's contact details on a forum, can you please DM me so I can share the details by responding to that message.

Thanks
Old 27th April 2023, 23:29   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Hey,

Good to connect with another Himachali! My BHPian status is still a Newbie so I can't DM you, and it won't be appropriate to share Skoda's relationship manager's contact details on a forum, can you please DM me so I can share the details by responding to that message.

Thanks
Hey!! Thanks for getting back. Unable to DM you either. If you don’t mind, can you please drop a text on eight seven nine zero four three three three eight seven!!
Old 10th September 2023, 02:25   #30

Sorry for bringing back an older thread but wanted to close the loop on an earlier message. I had to create a bit of hooplah about it (an email to Skoda India saying that they shouldn't say that the insurance provider is a preferred one and then do this). The dealership gave me my car back before they had their claim money refunded.

Didn't make sense for me to assume that risk and then wait months for my refund when I have paid for an insurance they they recommended and one that isn't settling claims on time even though they have approved the expenses.

It worked out for me. I recommend having a word with your service team.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks