Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2023, 16:00   #1

Caught in a tricky situation | Tata-AIG Insurance not sharing policy document

I own a 2020 Hyundai Aura and got the 1st insurance from Tata AIG which was a 1+3 years policy. 1 year for own damage and 3 years of third-party insurance. Renewed the OD policy with Tata AIG in 2nd year and for 3rd year went with HDFC Ergo.

Fast forward to March 2023, my OD and TP insurances were expiring on 11th March, and I got the quotations over call and email from almost all the insurance companies, and that always results in a lot of confusion. As I was traveling for the most part of the first week of March and Holi festival was also there, I only got a chance to look at renewing the insurance on the 11th itself. After a cursory glance at premiums and details, decided to go ahead with Tata AIG only, scanned the QR code given in the quotation by them, and made the payment. Got an SMS instantly that the policy document will be shared shortly, but I am yet to receive the policy document. I have been following up with them over email, calls, and social media, but all I hear from them is to allow time to resolve the issue. Today is the 3rd day that my car is without insurance and I can't take it out due to this issue. Till now they've not confirmed the policy status. I am writing here to seek help with the following queries:

1. Should I get a new policy from some other insurance company? Will they issue the policy instantly? I've always got the policies instantly in every other case, be it 2-wheeler policies, health insurance, and previous policies for this car too.

2. Now there is a gap in insurance as the car is without insurance for three days, will it require a physical inspection if I go with other insurance providers?

3. Will this gap impact the premium amount?

Please help as I don't want to keep the car without insurance for long. TIA.
ravigupta000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 20:21   #2
BHPian

Re: Caught in a tricky situation | Tata-AIG Insurance not sharing policy document

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravigupta000 View Post

1. Should I get a new policy from some other insurance company? Will they issue the policy instantly? I've always got the policies instantly in every other case, be it 2-wheeler policies, health insurance, and previous policies for this car too.

2. Now there is a gap in insurance as the car is without insurance for three days, will it require a physical inspection if I go with other insurance providers?

3. Will this gap impact the premium amount?

Please help as I don't want to keep the car without insurance for long. TIA.
Go to Tata AIG website and use your phone number to download linked policy. Assuming you weren't taken in by a fraudster, the policy should be available on the website. Sometimes the auto mailer takes its own sweet time.

In answer to your questions, do above first, if not, ideally 3-4 days should not impact the premium amount, might need a physical inspection though. Might be quicker with likes of PolicyBazaar, they do video verification.
varunsangal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 23:02   #3
BHPian

Re: Caught in a tricky situation | Tata-AIG Insurance not sharing policy document

Check with them if you're KYC has been approved.
I renewed the insurance for 2 of vehicles in the last 1 week, and didn't receive the insurance copy until I completed the process on both occasions.
Old 15th March 2023, 11:58   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunsangal View Post
Go to Tata AIG website and use your phone number to download linked policy. Assuming you weren't taken in by a fraudster, the policy should be available on the website. Sometimes the auto mailer takes its own sweet time.
Checked the website a couple of times but nothing is there, not even my complaint tickets. And for the payment, I made the payment using razorpay link, which clearly mentions payment is being done to Tata AIG and has a trusted business mark too. Their toll-free number agents have verified the payment too. So no chance of any fraud. Problem is that Tata AIG is not giving any answers to where and why the policy is stuck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque_Curve View Post
Check with them if you're KYC has been approved.
I renewed the insurance for 2 of vehicles in the last 1 week, and didn't receive the insurance copy until I completed the process on both occasions.
Don't it's stuck due to a KYC issue, I'll still check with them. The problem so far is that they're not telling the issue due to which the policy is not being generated.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 15th March 2023 at 13:49. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Kindly use the Quote+/Edit functionality to quote multiple posts.
Old 15th March 2023, 13:35   #5
BHPian

I don't think you have fallen for any kind of scam. I renewed my car insurance for my Nissan Magnite with United India three months ago, but at the time of renewal, I had more than a month before expiry. I collected quotations from multiple insurance companies and finally selected United India. I paid the amount and received a response from the salesperson that I would get it shortly, but it took a week for them to share the insurance with me. I didn't follow up, and in fact, I forgot about it until I saw the email with the insurance. For me, it took a week, but in my case, the salesperson was active on WhatsApp and calls. You should receive it shortly, maybe within a week like me.

To be on the safe side, send an email with all the payment information and communication emails you received from the salesperson to customer care. Also, keep the documents ready in case of any issues and take it forward with a consumer complaint.
raptor_diwan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2023, 15:32   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post
I don't think you have fallen for any kind of scam. I renewed my car insurance for my Nissan Magnite with United India three months ago, but at the time of renewal, I had more than a month before expiry. I collected quotations from multiple insurance companies and finally selected United India. I paid the amount and received a response from the salesperson that I would get it shortly, but it took a week for them to share the insurance with me. I didn't follow up, and in fact, I forgot about it until I saw the email with the insurance. For me, it took a week, but in my case, the salesperson was active on WhatsApp and calls. You should receive it shortly, maybe within a week like me.
Yes, the possibility of the scam was ruled out as I got confirmation of the payment receipt every time I called Tata AIG customer support. Here, they don't have any salesperson, customer support executives change with every call placed to them. So there's really no one who's looking into the customer's concern.
Old 16th March 2023, 16:00   #7
Distinguished - BHPian

Did you complete the KYC procedure after (or before) policy purchase? This is a new step in the system because there was no such requirement some time back. I renewed my car's policy through PB and I had to complete the KYC by uploading my documents after making the payment and then only the policy was finally issued. Please check accordingly.
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 17:36   #8

Update: Got the policy document finally. It was stuck due to a wrong NCB calculation by TATA AIG, they asked me to pay Rs. 701 extra as they offered the wrong NCB. Paid the amount and got the policy in a few hours post-payment. Had to go through mental stress and I could not take the car out due to this silly mistake on their part, and they took 4-5 days to identify this error

Thank you all for your suggestions.
ravigupta000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 18:35   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravigupta000 View Post
Update: Got the policy document finally. It was stuck due to a wrong NCB calculation by TATA AIG, they asked me to pay Rs. 701 extra as they offered the wrong NCB. Paid the amount and got the policy in a few hours post-payment. Had to go through mental stress and I could not take the car out due to this silly mistake on their part, and they took 4-5 days to identify this error

Thank you all for your suggestions.
Good. I just saw this thread. My suggestion would have been to check Parivahan app. The virtual RC has insurance details also. You can cross check now as well.
MT_Hyderabad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 10:39   #10

I checked the Parivahan app previously and the app was rightly showing the insurance as expired. Now it's showing the updated insurance details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MT_Hyderabad View Post
Good. I just saw this thread. My suggestion would have been to check Parivahan app. The virtual RC has insurance details also. You can cross check now as well.
ravigupta000 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks