Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2023, 14:55   #1
BHPian

Toyota Innova Hycross | Claim issues with Tata-AIG

Claim Issues with TATA-AIG / Beware of taking Tata-AIG insurance

My new Innova Hycross was damaged few days back and I took the car to their approved workshop Galaxy Toyota-Delhi Okhla for repair. To my surprise the workshop refused to repair the car as the insurance company Tata-Aig had suddenly came out with new rates for repair which are unacceptable to the workshop.

Now my car is lying without any repair work for last 4 days and galaxy toyota has refused to do any work. I am caught in no mans land.

Last edited by Axe77 : 3rd April 2023 at 15:29. Reason: Minor capitalisation and paragraphing.
samitjain is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 19:45   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitjain View Post

My new Innova Hycross was damaged few days back and I took the car to their approved workshop Galaxy Toyota-Delhi Okhla for repair. To my surprise the workshop refused to repair the car as the insurance company Tata-Aig had suddenly came out with new rates for repair which are unacceptable to the workshop.

Now my car is lying without any repair work for last 4 days and galaxy toyota has refused to do any work. I am caught in no mans land.
Did you take the insurance from them? Contact your insurance company and make a fuss anyway.
Old 3rd April 2023, 21:32   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Was your insurance with zero dep & consumables?
Old 3rd April 2023, 23:16   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizaro View Post
Was your insurance with zero dep & consumables?
Zero dep with consumables and RTI as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Did you take the insurance from them? Contact your insurance company and make a fuss anyway.
Buying insurance from my agent for last 10years. Never had any issue with Tata Aig. Few of my other cars also have Tata AIG. But this issue is new to me and quite weird. Galaxy Toyota says they have now stopped undertaking repair for Cars with Tata Aig insurance due to this issue.

Last edited by Aditya : 4th April 2023 at 04:57. Reason: Back to back posts merged
samitjain is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 01:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Buying insurance from my agent for last 10years. Never had any issue with Tata Aig. Few of my other cars also have Tata Aig

But this issue is new to me and quite weird.

Galaxy Toyota says they have now stopped undertaking repair for Cars with Tata Aig insurance due to this issue.
This is not your fault. Call the agent and demand that they either pay up quoted amount, fix your car or refund the insurance premium completely or you will take it to the insurance ombudsman. This will make them pressure the dealership. Alternatively, take the car back from the workshop and take it to another dealer.
Cresterk is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 10:03   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Zero dep with consumables and RTI as well.

Buying insurance from my agent for last 10years. Never had any issue with Tata Aig. Few of my other cars also have Tata AIG. But this issue is new to me and quite weird. Galaxy Toyota says they have now stopped undertaking repair for Cars with Tata Aig insurance due to this issue.
I recently bought a camry with insurance from TATA AIG and was planning to buy for Hycross from tata as well. Guess its time to look to another company. If Galaxy-Tata scenario remains stalled. Try contacting Espirit/Uttam/MGF workshops and see if they have same views on TATA. If not then take the car to them or if they too, then pressure on the agent and the surveyor. This should settle it in any case.
Wizaro is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 11:57   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizaro View Post
Try contacting Espirit/Uttam/MGF workshops and see if they have same views on TATA.

When in February i received delivery of my Toyota Hyryder. I went for Tata AIG insurance. The agent at Espirit Toyota showroom was pushing me for Toyota protect insurance at double premium from them saying that Espirit don't have cashless tie-up with Tata AIG. I thought he is trying to manipulate me, so I contacted Galaxy Toyota Moti Nagar workshop telephonically and spoke with one of the surveyor. I posed as a Toyota Innova customer who has met with an accident and wanted cashless Job at their Workshop. He confirmed that they definitely have cashless tie up with Tata AIG and have no issues with getting work done on my car. Now i am hearing such words from the same workshop about no tie up with Tata AIG.

Infact in my 25years of car ownership from various brands i have never heard such things as workshop refusing work done on a car which is insured from a specific company. At max a workshop might say that they don't have cashless tie up with a specific insurance company(Happens mostly with PSU insurance companies) so in such a scenario the claims were reimbursed by the insurance company at a later date. When i used to get accident repair job done at any workshop, the TPA inhouse/Outside would settle the claim amount as per the terms and conditions of the policy. They send a mail to the workshop mentioning "The DO amount" settled by them and rest to be paid by the customer including file charges. Now the claim amount settled may differ from insurance company to company or rather it's the TPA which decides the customers fate. Either Ways if the payout is less, it's the customer which suffers not the workshop. The rates mentioned on the Job receipt are same for both cash customers and insurance customers. This thing about insurance company forcing special rates for accident Job is new to me. This arrangement is seen in health care insurance and never in car insurance. May be people more knowledgeable then me can correct me.

So personally speaking the workshop denying work done on the car having insurance from a specific company seems like their way of forcing customer to buy insurance from them only(Toyota Protect) , which is total violation of IRDA rules and regulations.
You must mail complaint letters to higher managements of Toyota, IRDA and Tata AIG and get this thing sorted.
drsachin is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 12:52   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsachin View Post
When in February i received delivery of my Toyota Hyryder. I went for Tata AIG insurance. The agent at Espirit Toyota showroom was pushing me for Toyota protect insurance at double premium from them saying that Espirit don't have cashless tie-up with Tata AIG. I thought he is trying to manipulate me, so I contacted Galaxy Toyota Moti Nagar workshop telephonically and spoke with one of the surveyor.
On checking Tata AIG website for cashless workshops, Espirit Toyota does comes under cashless workshops for toyota. Seems dealers would just say anthing to buy highly inflated insurance from them.
Wizaro is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th April 2023, 16:31   #9
Team-BHP Support

re: Toyota Innova Hycross | Claim issues with Tata-AIG

Toyota Innova Hycross | Claim issues with TATA-AIG - Posts moved to a new thread.
Old 4th April 2023, 17:08   #10
BHPian

re: Toyota Innova Hycross | Claim issues with Tata-AIG

I had to shift my car to Espirit Toyota, as Galaxy toyota had refused to work within the price range mentioned by Tata-Aig. It seems that some dealers are accepting the price given by Tata, whereas some dealer have refused to work within that allowance. The rates seems to be much lower than approved Toyota Rates. It seems there is no Uniformity in pricing. Just wanted to get the car fixed early that's why went to Galaxy toyota. Otherwise I had very good relationship with Espirit Toyota Team. There is something about how these insurance companies work in tandem with Workshops which is not clear. Maybe someone can shed some light on this issue.
samitjain is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 10:16   #11
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Hycross | Claim issues with Tata-AIG

This seems to be more of a Toyota issue than a Tata AIG issue. I have experienced the same in Mumbai.

Dealer A would refuse to work on your car if you were to insure your car from elsewhere. If you have a Toyota policy then everything is indeed smooth like butter, I was also warned about so when I decided not to renew my insurance with Toyota.

Luckily Dealer B is happy to take care of the repairs, in a cashless manner with the same policy. The only downside is this dealer B has their workshop on the other side of town, which is only a minor hiccup.

The only solution, in this case, is to contact your agent and ask them to direct you to any authorized workshop within your city where they can sort it out. No point in arguing with the dealer about where your car is currently kept.
Mechb63 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 10:32   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Write an email to TATA AIG and Toyota both, stating the issue. If the amount is not too (0000) much, pay it from your pocket and get your car back on the road (do inform them of this as well).

Then claim that amount from TATA AIG, if they refuse, talk to the customer care manager, still not happy; go to Grievance Redressal Officer (GRO), if you are not satisfied with the resolution, approach Nodal Officer for your servicing location. If you are not happy with his resolution, approach the Insurance Ombudsman.

Believe me, this works, I assure you that your issue will be resolved at GRO level itself.

TATA AIG ESCALATION MATRIX
dicor is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 17:16   #13
BHPian

I have faced multiple issues with Tata-AIG too in past. I have made a point not to purchase any insurance policies from Tata-AIG due to their anti-consumer approach. One more interesting point , they won't renew your policy if there was any claim in the previous year by not renewing it or quoting an astronomical quote.
AGupta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2023, 22:17   #14
BHPian

I wouldn’t say my experience with Tata - Aig had been bad till this particular issue happened. I had been taking insurance from them for several of my cars, actually most of them toyota. I never had issues with icici general insurance as well. This was the first time I went to a different dealer and the issue cropped up. I normally consult with workshop manager of espirit Toyota as I am known him well and he himself has said that Tata and icici Lombard both are good. But icici Lombard has unlimited zero dep claims. Infact I have taken claim of full loss due to theft of my Innova way back in 2011 from Tata-Aig. I have taken multiple claims and Tata also never had refused insurance renewal because of taking claim and issued zero dep within 5 years. So this issue with Gakaxy Toyota had shaken the confidence.
Best suggestion before renewing insurance is to have word with your authorised workshop body manager about which insurance companies to select. Sales guy point of suggestion is very different from people who are day in day out dealing with Surveyor and insurance companies.
samitjain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2023, 00:01   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGupta View Post
One more interesting point , they won't renew your policy if there was any claim in the previous year by not renewing it or quoting an astronomical quote.
I have faced the same issue. My car’s previous owner had taken claims and then I bought the car. Transfer of ownership done by paying their fees. When it was time for renewal, they refused to renew quoting previous owner’s claims. They are notorious in this.
BrakingBad is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks