Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2023, 15:19   #1
BHPian

Policy Bazaar and National Insurance provide cashless facility only if claim is under Rs. 50,000

I never thought that being an informed person I will fall pray to nuisances and fine print of Online Insurance Policies.

I renewed my National Insurance Dep Cap policy of 2022 bought Honda Amaze from Policy Bazar on 4th Jun which was supposed to expire on 6th June. I got this policy after being sure of the Cashless garages in Noida, Ace Honda being one of those. My prev policy was also from National Insurance but bought from car dealership.

Unfortunately my car met a minor accident on 9th June and I initiated online claim process with Policy Bazaar. All the formalities were taken care by Honda Representative and Sarvesh(surveyor appointed by Policy Bazar).

I was informed that I can't do the self claim since estimate provided is more than 50k. Hence policy bazaar's surveyor visited the workshop and gave go ahead for the claim.

Now that the car is ready, I called Policy Bazaar for next step and they informed me that this is not cashless claim. As per my conversation with Sapna/Swapna and Sumit from Policy Bazar, since this is an offline claim(estimate >50k) I have to pay the bill and then they will reimburse.

I feel cheated because Mayank(policy bazar sales guy) never told me that for claims >50 k cashless facility is not available otherwise I would have never bought my policy from Policy Bazaar

I also feel cheated that no where on policy bazar website there is written that cashless facility is only available for claims <50k. Its only written that self claim is covered till 50k.

And I feel even more cheated that no one in the entire process including Ace Honda Noida, informed me that this claim is not going to be cashless.

Please don't buy your policies either for New Car or Used car because you never know what terms and condition will be thrown at your face.

Never have I ever faced these issues for claims with policies bought offline. Any contacts that might help me with this would be helpful.

Last edited by Aditya : 20th June 2023 at 09:51.
Hispaniola is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 15:39   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Policy Bazaar and National Insurance provide cashless facility only if claim is under Rs. 50,000

AFAIK for claims <50k it can be processed through the snaps / videos & self estimate submitted through their app and for anything higher, surveyor will assess the damage and provide the estimate. In either case cashless can be processed. Try contacting the service provider (National Insurance)
Old 19th June 2023, 15:58   #3
BHPian

re: Policy Bazaar and National Insurance provide cashless facility only if claim is under Rs. 50,000

So far the communication that I have got from Policy Bazaar is that my claim is not eligible for cashless due to this offline process. This the reply that I got from my acc manager.

Hi Tarbrinder Singh,
PB Reference ID:: 1230570
In national insurance company Do ( cashless ) is not possible at our end in offiline case .
Team Leader mail Id :- singhsunil@policybazaar.com

This definitely puts a question mark on cashless process by policy bazaar. For minor door fender related work estimates easily increase 50k. Even though the final bill is lower now, 38k, policy bazaar has this cashless based on estimate only.

I hope forum and moderators can help with more visibility of this thread

Last edited by Aditya : 20th June 2023 at 09:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks