Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2023, 00:23   #31
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster crashes hard into my VW Tiguan | Need advice

Sorry that I could not keep this thread updated.

Here is the update/learnings of the last few weeks:
1. I was able to convince Surveyor to go with the Affidavit. I politely said multiple times that I cannot arrange complaint.
2. The Surveyor was very senior (near to his retirement) and he knew that the case was honest and he was very polite.
3. Affidavits - thank you all for suggesting the Affidavit route, in fact I ended up creating 2 different affidavits, one for me and insurance; other one from other driver to insurance. This was suggested from lawyer and Surveyor was happy. Basically 2nd one with driver ensures that he won't claim any third party claims in future wrt this accident.
4. I met personally Surveyor, and handed over Affidavits, getting to know face and share our situations. He suggested few ideas to avoid police FIR, he mentioned that a email with all proofs/photos to insurance looping local police station email id would have sufficed, key here is on accident day only this must be recorded.
5. Meantime, I had paid small portion (50K) of overall estimate advance to the dealer and told them to start the work.
6. Keep the estimations/approvals etc from dealer to Surveyor/insurance company via emails.
7. Keep visiting the dealer and maintain a good relationship with body shop manager and SA, in fact I had built some connect with bodyshop worker and he was kind enough to update me via photos/videos of progress of the work.
8. My car finally delivered after 45 days on Aug 23rd, overall satisfied with the work.
9. Submitted the bills to Insurance and waiting now for the final claim, hope the difference I need to pay will be small as I have nil depreciation insurance.
10. Biggest lesson: Always go with cashless insurance, please check with your car dealer what are insurance they are having cashless claims.

Overall it was much painful days and life has to move on. Thanks a ton for all of you for all the suggestions, guidance; without team-bhp inputs, this case would have had more tough path.
PM me if any specific qs.

Last edited by lokii_83 : 26th August 2023 at 00:29.
lokii_83 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 20:11   #32
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster crashes hard into my VW Tiguan | Need advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokii_83 View Post
9. Submitted the bills to Insurance and waiting now for the final claim, hope the difference I need to pay will be small as I have nil depreciation insurance.
Finally, the claim got settled, received 95% of the total bill, which I feel is decent one.
Thank you again!
lokii_83 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks