Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2023, 02:31   #31
BHPian

Re: Is a Zero Depreciation add-on really necessary in the 1st year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemant.kamat View Post
I'm able to add a zero dep cover while renewing my 2015 Tata Nano insurance policy with several insurance companies, even though my existing insurance policy doesn't have zero dep. Does it mean that they will refuse zero dep in case of a claim, even after collecting the premium for the same? Nowhere do they ask if my existing policy has a zero dep cover; the only input taken is the % NCB and whether a claim was made in the current year
Do check with them by contacting their support. Sometimes what these online insurance companies ask for payment, and once you make the payment, the actual enquiry/verification/KYC process starts after that, where they can refuse zero dep. But I am not sure.
Old 30th September 2023, 20:27   #32
BHPian

Re: Is a Zero Depreciation add-on really necessary in the 1st year?

I suppose this answers my query, as to the need for a zero dep add-on during the 1st year of purchase:

Depreciation % on various parts applied at the time of claim, regardless of the vehicle's age:
  • 50% For all plastic, rubber, nylon parts & batteries
  • 30% For fibre components
  • 0% For glass components
  • 50% For paint
Mods, please mark this thread as closed. Thanks to everyone who took the time to read/respond
Attached Thumbnails
Is a Zero Depreciation add-on really necessary in the 1st year?-acko-car-policy-acca0103405253400_005.jpg  

Last edited by hemant.kamat : 30th September 2023 at 20:28.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks