Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2023, 15:46   #16
BHPian

Re: ICICI Lombard claims policy not renewed despite making payment & receiving soft copy

Thank you all for your responses/comments and suggestions.

Here's the current update:

After getting no traction from ICICI Lombard, I contacted the local ombundsman's office and within 7 days, i received a refund for the policy.

The 2nd pending issue was loosing my NCB because of this screw up by ICICI. I contacted their CS again to see if they would reissue the policy and restack or atleast continue the NCB that was existing on the previous policy. However, no bueno and after 5-6 emails/calls from ICICI at 9:30 pm at night they denied reissuing the policy with the same NCB.

I solicited new Insurance Policy for the vehicle and my new premium was almost twice than the year before. ICICI website showed my premium to be same as last year, so I decided to give it another shot. They issue a new policy with 0% NCB, sent a guy for inspection, received approval and got an email with the new policy.

Fast forward one month and i decided to check the policy details on Mparivahaan portal and it still shows that my vehicle doesn't have an existing policy. After another bunch of emails - 7-8 emails/5-6 phone calls, they have still not updated the policy and not given any reason for this delay.

I don't want to be in the same position as last year where they later inform me that my policy is not active. According to their CS, it's an active policy, but I'm not sure why this is not reflected on Vahaan. Arn't insurance companies required to update this in a timeframe after issuance of a new policy?

By far, ICICI has proved to be the absolute worst, would absolutely ditch them for all my vehicles. Any recourse suggestions? Should i reach out again to the local obundsman's office?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks