Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th March 2014, 18:13   #16
BHPian

Re: Regarding Corporate Discount!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishit9999 View Post
Quick question: My spouse is eligible for Corporate discount on Mahindra vehicles but we want to purchase/register the vehicle in my name for depreciation/accounting purposes. The dealer said that they cannot give the discount to me as it will be given only to the person registering the vehicle. Is this correct? Or should I demand the discount from the dealer.
I think the corporate discount is provided only to the person to whom the car will be registered to. Gurus please correct me if i'm wrong here. When i bought a car recently, i had to provide my company badge ID photocopy to be eligible for the corporate discount, which i did and got 5k discount.
Old 7th January 2021, 14:04   #17
Senior - BHPian

The Maruti Nexa dealer from whom I bought the car (S-Cross) 2 months back just called me that my corporate discount of 11k has been objected to because I dont have a EPF account?

They did not ask this from me when selling the car to me. Can anyone please help me in this matter?
Old 7th January 2021, 16:01   #18
Senior - BHPian

Update on the above post (I dont have option of editing it anymore).

The dealer provided me with a phone number of one Mr. Gourav from corporate (Maruti) and asked me to talk to him. He also sent me a message that window to raise corporate discount file for cars bought till Nov 20 closes on 08-Jan-2021 (tomorrow).

I called the number and connected with the concerned person. He (Mr. Gourav) said that lack of EPF account is not an issue and that next time the dealer calls me, I shall ask them to talk to him (Mr. Gourav).

---- Original issue with the purchase ----
Issue from dealer side is that since the time I have bought this car, he has been making excuses in a very strange manner. Initially, he sold me the car after telling me that to avail the corporate offer of 11k (available to all doctors), I have to provide him with a salary slip and proof of employment (Appointment letter/I-card/certificate etc.)

Once I bought the car and then provided him with the said documents, he has calling me in a step by step manner with the following excuses (Everytime I clarify on one issue, he goes on to raise another new one).

1. Salary slip is not computer generated (I told him that the salary slip is not computerized in the medical college where I work and the salary slip has seal and signatures of Principal instead).

2. Then he said that I am a contractual employee with a 3 years contract (one year almost over). He went on to add that I am not a Government employee for this reason. Later on he agreed with my reply. This is lame to be honest as it should be a worry for the bank/financier rather than a car dealer.

3. Now today, first he again said that the slip is not computerized. Upon my reply, he said that I dont have EPF number so there is an objection to process and I might have to now pay Rs11k to the dealer.

Can someone please help me with a suitable email address from someone in Maruti corporate and Maruti Suzuki? I wish to end this pathetic experience once and for all.

Contradictory stands and statements by the dealer and corporate guy makes me feel that this dealer is trying to make money in an unethical manner.
Old 7th January 2021, 16:13   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Update on the above post (I dont have option of editing it anymore).
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
The Maruti Nexa dealer from whom I bought the car (S-Cross) 2 months back just called me that my corporate discount of 11k has been objected to because I dont have a EPF account?
First things first, is the car registered in your name and formalities completed?.

IANAL but it seems to me that the sales guy bungled up big time. If I am not wrong it looks like Maruti is unwilling to pass on the discount ( 11K) to the dealer since they do not accept your arguments regarding your employment status. The dealer will have to bear this cost and that's what is creating the problem. In such cases , depending on the dealership, the management may bear it or this poor guy would have to shell it out of his pocket.

If you have shown the same set of documents to them during purchase then you should be in the clear.

Last edited by srini1785 : 7th January 2021 at 16:17.
Old 7th January 2021, 16:39   #20
Senior - BHPian

Srini, thanks for posting but I was dealt with directly by the showroom manager during the buying process.

They should tell customers that corporate offer is not for contractual employees. Having EPF is mandatory and stuff like that.

Why would I buy a car at the year end without discounts? Secondly, they should not be coming with a step by step approach in making such excuses.

Lastly, had this been an issue then corporate person should not give me an all clear. I clarified from him twice. But I am planning to write to Maruti this time.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 16:57   #21
Senior - BHPian

What would the dealer do if you ask them to send you an email with the Maruti person in cc, detailing out reasons for rejections ? Will he be able to document the reasons and discussions? Please try this approach.
Old 14th January 2022, 22:15   #22

Hi,

I need some advice. I have booked Maruti Nexa S Cross. Dealer is insisting on Salary slip copy to avail corporate discount. Is this a standard practice for MSIL? shouldn't company Id card and letter from HR suffice?

Am not comfortable sharing salary slip if its not absolutely necessary.
Could anyone who booked a Nexa recently shed some light on this?
Old 29th January 2022, 22:54   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapzero View Post
Hi,

I need some advice. I have booked Maruti Nexa S Cross. Dealer is insisting on Salary slip copy to avail corporate discount. Is this a standard practice for MSIL? shouldn't company Id card and letter from HR suffice?

I cannot answer your question but I booked the Grand i10 nios today and the Hyundai dealership told me to give salary slip at the time of Invoicing for corporate discount. I asked them that why id card doesn't suffice and he told they can be fake too.
raksrules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2022, 10:52   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapzero View Post
Hi,

Facing similar problem while purchasing at Nexa, I have shared my ID Card but am not comfortable sharing salary slip Is there any reason why it is mandatory?
Old 30th November 2022, 16:18   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottle View Post
Facing similar problem while purchasing at Nexa, I have shared my ID Card but am not comfortable sharing salary slip Is there any reason why it is mandatory?
I feel they just want to confirm that you are currently with the same company as, beyond a point, they really can't verify the ID.
They just need some document that covers their backside, when they are audited (wrt Corporate Discounts).

I would offer to show them my salary slip, and of they insist they need a copy, that will be provided with all income details and PF details blacked/deleted.
or
A current dated letter from the company confirming your employment.

Hope this helps
neofromcapone is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks