Team-BHP - Best Auto Insurance service provider
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Indian Car Loans & Insurance (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/)
-   -   Best Auto Insurance service provider (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-loans-insurance/31972-best-auto-insurance-service-provider-4.html)

The current policy of my 1 year old Getz is with ICICI Lombard. The premium I paid was 15500. I wanted to change from ICICI after reading the experiences on internet. My experience with ICIC was good. I claimed twice for small amounts (4000 to 5000) and there were no issues.

I started negotiating with various insurance providers a month back.

Got insurance renewed with Bajaj Allianz. The initial impression after going through the policy document and the card they have given is that they are professional.

IDV: 433000
No No-claim Bonus
Premium: 10000 after discount

Hi guys, I am also in a fix with the insurance renewal. I paid Rs. 23052 in the first year to Bajaj Allianz when I purchased my SX4. Now, I have been contacted for renewal. And premium I was quoted was Rs. 20800 afted discount (NCB 20%). I was also contacted by a Reliance agent, and she informed me that if I go through them and pay them before 10th May, my premium will be around 16000 with discounts. If later than May 10, it would be 20800.. She mentioned something about an increase in fee slab starting May 11.. not sure if you guys are aware of such news..

I have a question though..how is the 20 % NCB calculation performed? Is it against the first premium paid, or the premium to be paid? I am asking this question because even after NCB discount, my premium renewal is 20800 for 2nd year (down from 23052 in 1st year), which is still high even after the 20% NCB.

@ITNerd ... these are some agents causing unnecessary confusion, speak to the company directly, I believe she told you about a vaccum cleaner (car) free with reliance offer too? or not? we can chat on yahoo or call me on my cell, can help you further on this.

when is your insurance due for renewal ? As per IRDA guidelines, you can renew the insurance 30 or 45 days prior to the due date depending upon if you are changing the insurance provider or staying with the old one.

I've also been informed that Bajaj Allianz offers 3 free service coupons (Each of 5k value Max) and one can use these coupons to pay for paid service, oil and accessories etc. is it true or there is some catch in it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shankyz (Post 824292)
@ITNerd ... these are some agents causing unnecessary confusion, speak to the company directly, I believe she told you about a vaccum cleaner (car) free with reliance offer too? or not? we can chat on yahoo or call me on my cell, can help you further on this.

when is your insurance due for renewal ? As per IRDA guidelines, you can renew the insurance 30 or 45 days prior to the due date depending upon if you are changing the insurance provider or staying with the old one.

I've also been informed that Bajaj Allianz offers 3 free service coupons (Each of 5k value Max) and one can use these coupons to pay for paid service, oil and accessories etc. is it true or there is some catch in it?

@Shankyz.. long time no see.. :)

Yes, the reliance insurance lady talked about a free vaccum cleaner! She said she is from Bajaj Capital, but offered me a reliance insurance scheme.. 30% company discount + vaccum cleaner (car).. so, after NCB 20%, the premium renewal she put forward was 16000 or bit more... I am in fix dude! I thought of continuing with Bajaj Allianz, but the premium renewal they offered is 20800 as against 16000 from Reliance... and it is hard to resist the offer from Reliance..

When I asked the Bajaj Allianz people for discount, they said, they can give a 5 EMI payment with free interest option on my citibank cards.. no mention of any free service coupons!! What should I do?? please advise S-O-S

If Reliance offer is better ( 4.8K) then straight away go for it, its a no brainer. What is the problem is changing the insurance company? I do that all the time. The lowest quoting insurance company gets my business each year.

Only need to make sure that the company that your switching to is a reputed one in processing claims faster. Also, make sure that third party is part of the deal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by katpasin (Post 807984)
I Just got a reminder from my Tata AIG for renewal of my car insurance..

My car is a June 2007 Santro xing xo. No claims and self driven.

You should get it for around 7500 from BA.But no goodies

My insurance renewal time.How is unitied insurance?.I have insurance now with them.They are giving me the lowest quote.But they are giving lesser IDV!
Does it make sense to go for them.
How is there service.Till now I never claimed hence donno!

My experience with minor claims:

New India: Cashless not available when claimed: Bad - cleared just 30% of the bill. 3yr old car

ICICILombard: Cashless claim: Good -cleared 70% of the bill twice. Convenience of online renewal is good even if systems are sometimes unreliable. 1 yr old car

Reliance: Cashless claim: Good- 100% of bill cleared. no online renewal system therefore do not prefer. 2 yr old car

I had taken quote of Bajaj Allianz which was 30% higher than competition, did not opt for it even though was recommended by a friend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by katpasin

Here's the offer

He quoted the following offer for an IDV of Rs 2,98,768

-->Premium: Rs 8064
-->Vouchers worth Rs3000 and can be availed at any authorised Hyundai Service centres
-->He was also mentioning about a holiday package(didint get the details for this as i was busy with some work at office)

Do u guys also get such kind of offers?? or is there any catch in this?

I wonder why people are getting so high premium offers...
I am about to renew my 2year old Honda Civic's insurance and I have following offers (approx) for an IDV of about 8 lakhs, with 50% NCB.

Reliance - 13k

Tata AIG - 13.5k (+ their regular Insurance offer like green channel etc which I do not know)

Bajaj Alllianz - 13.5K

Dakshin Honda Dealership itself offered 14k + Rs.500 Labour voucher.

I am assuming it is comprehensive, as no terms & conditions were discussed, which anyway I would check again.
Is there a catch, am I missing something? Do I need to still check any fine print if the insurance is comprehensive? Presently my car is insured by Reliance (as recommended by Dakshin Honda and they have cashless tie up with them) so I am planning to continue with the same.

Back to Auto insurance folks :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by st7677
I am assuming it is comprehensive, as no terms & conditions were discussed, which anyway I would check again.
Is there a catch, am I missing something? Do I need to still check any fine print if the insurance is comprehensive?

Any response to this? (Post 54)

I am about to renew insurance for my Getz. Got quotes from Tata-AIG (existing policy is with them) for Rs 7,875+free anti-rust and teflon coating

Bajaj Allianz - Rs 7,849

Yet to get from Reliance. Which one is recommended by users here? I personally want to stay away from nationalized insurers due to earlier bad experience.

Would prefer an insurer which has cashless facility, including towing charges and 24x7 helpline (a working one, not on paper line).

Quote:

Originally Posted by nishantgandhi (Post 1035488)
I am about to renew insurance for my Getz. Got quotes from Tata-AIG (existing policy is with them) for Rs 7,875+free anti-rust and teflon coating

Bajaj Allianz - Rs 7,849

Yet to get from Reliance. Which one is recommended by users here? I personally want to stay away from nationalized insurers due to earlier bad experience.

Would prefer an insurer which has cashless facility, including towing charges and 24x7 helpline (a working one, not on paper line).

I will advice you to go for Bajaj Allianz as they have good no. of tieups with the garage in mumbai. Ask for more discount on the premium.

hi,
i believe the best insurance company is one that has a tie up with your dealer. even though the dealer must be benefiting, it still works out to be hassle free. eg my honda city's have tata aig cause it is tied up with linkway mumbai, so even if there is a claim one gets cashless service.

Quote:

Originally Posted by f50xj13 (Post 1037933)
hi,
i believe the best insurance company is one that has a tie up with your dealer. even though the dealer must be benefiting, it still works out to be hassle free. eg my honda city's have tata aig cause it is tied up with linkway mumbai, so even if there is a claim one gets cashless service.

agree: Thats the best way of doing insurance. "Hassle Free"

Quote:

Originally Posted by csentil (Post 664538)
I've got letters from Bajaj Alliance, Tata AIG reminding me that my insurance is due though I have insurance with Royal Sundaram. Their letter reached me only yesterday. :-)

In a dilemma in deciding which one to take.

Same dilemma here. Existing policy with Tata AIG but they are giving a lower IDV and higher premium as compared to Bajaj Allianz
Quote:

Originally Posted by novice (Post 678494)
Tata AIG - Don't even think about them, bunch of cheats

Could you please be more specific why you say so?
Quote:

Originally Posted by ravibhat (Post 737091)
Looks hot competition going on, TATA AIG offered me premium of 16103/- for 2006 Innova G3, 5.71 lacs as IDV. They give 3000/- worth sevice coupons in select service stations(around 10+ stations in Bangalore) and 3 days free stay in one of 24+ tourist place hotels in india and 3 abroad. I am more confused now which offer to consider.

Regards,

Ravi.

Quote:

Originally Posted by katpasin (Post 807984)

Here's the offer

He quoted the following offer for an IDV of Rs 2,98,768

-->Premium: Rs 8064
-->Vouchers worth Rs3000 and can be availed at any authorised Hyundai Service centres
-->He was also mentioning about a holiday package(didint get the details for this as i was busy with some work at office)

Do u guys also get such kind of offers?? or is there any catch in this?

Yes, I got a revised renewal quote from Tata AIG with similar offers. However, AFAIK, he said its a choice between Rs 3000 worth of vouchers (anti rust coating, service etc) or a Holiday voucher
Quote:

Originally Posted by liberal (Post 857218)
My experience with minor claims:

New India: Cashless not available when claimed: Bad - cleared just 30% of the bill. 3yr old car

ICICILombard: Cashless claim: Good -cleared 70% of the bill twice. Convenience of online renewal is good even if systems are sometimes unreliable. 1 yr old car

Reliance: Cashless claim: Good- 100% of bill cleared. no online renewal system therefore do not prefer. 2 yr old car

I had taken quote of Bajaj Allianz which was 30% higher than competition, did not opt for it even though was recommended by a friend.

Any specific reason why you chose not to go with Bajaj Allianz?
Quote:

Originally Posted by rjvora_2000 (Post 1036321)
I will advice you to go for Bajaj Allianz as they have good no. of tieups with the garage in mumbai. Ask for more discount on the premium.

Yes, after a call today I got a revised quote of Rs 7364 for an IDV of Rs 2,93,216.

This compares very well to Tata AIG's offer of Rs 7875 premium for an IDV of Rs 2,32,344.

From my reading on the thread, excluding the quoted comments here, I sense that people are generally happy with Bajaj Allianz - both in terms of customer care as well as claims. Tata AIG would be a close second I guess.

Now confused which one to go with? I am thinking Bajaj Allianz. Any comments?

EDIT - Do you guys also ensure your ICE alongwith the car? How do you arrive at the value of the same? Do they need bills to prove the value? (e.g. I have grey maal in my car so how to provide them the bills?)