Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2008, 19:13   #1
BHPian

Maruti Online Insurance...Beware!!

I had renewed my car's insurance policy online using the MarutiInsurance.com renuewel some 4 months back and, the time came, after 1.5 year of owning Swift vxi, and i had to send the car for some repairs because a moron banged into the vehicle while it was standing still and then sped away from the scene. The damage was not much, the rear bumper, tail light were broken and the right side rear fender had some dents.
So i took the car to Motorcraft here at Noida sec 63, all the formalities were done and i was told that i'll get the car in 2-3 days. Today morning i get a call from the Royal Sundram Insurance guy and he says that my insurance is invalid...and iam like. On being asked the reason, he tells me that the policy no does not match the one that they issue since the policy no started with a 'W' and was 11 digit long and they issued 10 digit policy nos. So i call up the motorcraft guy and he tells me that the claim wont be cashless since the royal sundram folks have refused to sanction the claim and this after the work was completed!!
So i again call up the rotal sundram people and none of them has any idea regarding what to do and above all one of thier guy tells me to check if i even paid for the insurance!! I felt like coming out all guns blazing in Punjabi. I took the mail id for the customer care, mailed them the insurance copy along with the credit card statements and called them again and then iam directed to the Maruti dealer.
So now i call up the dealer from whom i bot the car i.e at patiala..and he says he'll get back to me and then i call up the motorcraft people and they tell me that the policy is 110% valid and its showing them on thier database!
Out of frustration i call at the no given at the MarutiInsurance.com site and to add to the frustration, the customer care no on that site belongs to one of the insurance employees of Maruti and that chap instead of telling me anything about the insurance starts tellig about the website and when i let my reign loose he tells me to call me on friday since today and tomm is off and was at his home!!
Then as my last resort i call up the claims department of Royal Sundram and from there i get a feedback that 'the policy has not been posted' , what on this earth this means i have no idea even on asking the same the reply was 'Sir...policy has not been posted and we'll get back to you on friday!!"

So waiting for the fatefull friday to get any updates.
Till then folks i would suggest that please think twice before renewing the isurance policy online using the maruti insurance website.
Hope this works out..else iam gonna screw each and every guy to whom i talked today
It made me think that are we ready for complete automation of all the workflows which involve human intervention?? I guess NO!!
Old 8th October 2008, 19:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

Thats a major screw up on part of Maruti. I am sure you can get them to resolve it faster by invoking threats of reporting this to IRDA. It will help if A S S has written communication regarding policy not being in force.
Old 9th October 2008, 22:22   #3
BHPian

will update once i talk to the guys tomm since today was a holiday!!
Old 1st November 2008, 11:01   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickoo View Post
I had renewed my car's insurance policy online using the MarutiInsurance.com renuewel some 4 months back and, the time came, after 1.5 year of owning Swift vxi, and i had to send the car for some repairs because a moron banged into the vehicle while it was standing still and then sped away from the scene. The damage was not much, the rear bumper, tail light were broken and the right side rear fender had some dents.
So i took the car to Motorcraft here at Noida sec 63, all the formalities were done and i was told that i'll get the car in 2-3 days. Today morning i get a call from the Royal Sundram Insurance guy and he says that my insurance is invalid...and iam like. On being asked the reason, he tells me that the policy no does not match the one that they issue since the policy no started with a 'W' and was 11 digit long and they issued 10 digit policy nos. So i call up the motorcraft guy and he tells me that the claim wont be cashless since the royal sundram folks have refused to sanction the claim and this after the work was completed!!
So i again call up the rotal sundram people and none of them has any idea regarding what to do and above all one of thier guy tells me to check if i even paid for the insurance!! I felt like coming out all guns blazing in Punjabi. I took the mail id for the customer care, mailed them the insurance copy along with the credit card statements and called them again and then iam directed to the Maruti dealer.
So now i call up the dealer from whom i bot the car i.e at patiala..and he says he'll get back to me and then i call up the motorcraft people and they tell me that the policy is 110% valid and its showing them on thier database!
Out of frustration i call at the no given at the MarutiInsurance.com site and to add to the frustration, the customer care no on that site belongs to one of the insurance employees of Maruti and that chap instead of telling me anything about the insurance starts tellig about the website and when i let my reign loose he tells me to call me on friday since today and tomm is off and was at his home!!
Then as my last resort i call up the claims department of Royal Sundram and from there i get a feedback that 'the policy has not been posted' , what on this earth this means i have no idea even on asking the same the reply was 'Sir...policy has not been posted and we'll get back to you on friday!!"

So waiting for the fatefull friday to get any updates.
Till then folks i would suggest that please think twice before renewing the isurance policy online using the maruti insurance website.
Hope this works out..else iam gonna screw each and every guy to whom i talked today
It made me think that are we ready for complete automation of all the workflows which involve human intervention?? I guess NO!!
I will advice you and every one reading this trend to renew your car insurance with agent which is known to you should be involved in this transaction. so that they can be helpful to you if the need arises.
Old 1st November 2008, 11:35   #5
Senior - BHPian

@nickoo, what was the outcome?

When I had my Zen, around 2-3 yrs back, I used to get a postal mail from Popular everytime its time to renew. It stated about one person from Maruti insurance Guy, who call all thier customer to get insurance from him as if he is autorished for that. But he was not connected to them (was fired a long back).

So, I am curious to know about the fate of this. Wondering if there are many more cases like this.
Old 25th December 2008, 09:59   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickoo View Post
will update once i talk to the guys tomm since today was a holiday!!
You were to inform us. Please update the trend.
Old 5th August 2010, 21:06   #7
Senior - BHPian

It is so sad to know that you were under stress after the payment of your premium. Just I thought of doing the renewal online but luckily I saw this thread. I had my policy with New India and I had no problem with cashless claim. So I will stick with my dealer and do the payment through cheque.
Old 9th May 2011, 19:04   #8
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Online Insurance...Beware!!

Has Maruti stopped issuing insurance renewal online ?

I have a National Insurance (Through Maruti Insurance) policy,which has a URL www.marutiinsurance.com mentioned on the policy document where I can renew my policy online. However, it no longer seems to be working. A quick google search doesnt reveal much about the changed (if any) URL either.
I urgently need to renew my insurance..

Last edited by sajo : 9th May 2011 at 19:05.
Old 24th May 2011, 13:50   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Has Maruti stopped issuing insurance renewal online ?

I have a National Insurance (Through Maruti Insurance) policy,which has a URL www.marutiinsurance.com mentioned on the policy document where I can renew my policy online. However, it no longer seems to be working. A quick google search doesnt reveal much about the changed (if any) URL either.
I urgently need to renew my insurance..
Same situation here Sajo. I tried renewing it online, but didn't work. When I enquired about it in the service center, they were not even aware of an online policy renewal. So I gave up and planning to pay them directly. Service center guys are ready to collect it from me at my place.
Old 24th May 2011, 20:50   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
Same situation here Sajo. I tried renewing it online, but didn't work. When I enquired about it in the service center, they were not even aware of an online policy renewal. So I gave up and planning to pay them directly. Service center guys are ready to collect it from me at my place.
Yes man, Maruti Insurance no longer works. So I now have just a normal New India Assurance policy.
Old 20th April 2016, 17:40   #11
BHPian

My insurance gets expired on June 14th. I have a Maruti insurance.
Is it ok to renew it online using the maruti insurance site or still we have issues as mentioned above.
Till now, I was doing it via some service centres. I guess they also do it using the same website.

Please suggest if I can go ahead with the insurance renewel from A.S.S or online portal (self).
Old 20th April 2016, 18:32   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemash View Post
My insurance gets expired on June 14th. I have a Maruti insurance.
Is it ok to renew it online using the maruti insurance site or still we have issues as mentioned above.
Till now, I was doing it via some service centres. I guess they also do it using the same website.

Please suggest if I can go ahead with the insurance renewel from A.S.S or online portal (self).
I too received a news letter about online insurance from Maruti recently. I guess it should be OK to do this
Old 21st April 2016, 12:17   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp_maniac View Post
I too received a news letter about online insurance from Maruti recently. I guess it should be OK to do this
In this forum somewhere I read that the cost will be lil more (self portal renewal) when compared what dealers provide. Is that true?
With my regular dealer, I do not get any cash discount on the insurance premium.
I get only free wash and interior vacuum.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks