Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2009, 10:16   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Just wanted to crosslink to this thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/buying...-premiums.html

cya
R
Mod as the both the trend's are same please marge the trend. This will help people.

Thank you.
Old 20th July 2012, 01:30   #17
BHPian

Re: No Claim Bonus Question

I have a doubt. I just purchased a second hand Skoda Octavia. The owner of the vehicle has a NCB for 5 years which he wants to use for his new car. Now my confusion is :
a) Dealer says he has cancelled the present insurance and issued NCB for the car owner so that he can go and buy a new car with it. The car owner has paid x value to the dealer and the dealer asked me to pay him 6k so that he can issue me a new insurance for IDV value of 3.5 lakhs on the car

b) After I gave this 6k to the dealer to take insurance from New India Assurance, Reliance Insurance( the original insurer) says the IDV of 5.1 Lakhs which was the new renewed value of the car can be transferred to my name and a NCB issued to the Owner of the car so that neither the IDV value of my car reduces and the owner needs to pay only 4.5k to get the NCB certificate which he can use.

Now I have the sale letter and Dealer wants me to take the new insurance (probably he gets a cut from it) while the Reliance guy says, I am being duped.

Now question I have is, if i show the sale letter and get the Insurance transferred to me and I issue a NCB to the customer paying his amount to him, can I cancel the new india insurance which the new agent has put on me using my ignorance and claim a refund of it?
Old 20th July 2012, 09:22   #18

Hi All,
I need to clarify one doubt as well. My vehicle would be completing its 1st year and I have got a reminder notes from Bajaj Allianz to renew my policy. The thing about NCB, are the offerings same for all companies? For e.g checked Bajaj Allianz website and they would be offering NCB of 20% for the 1st year and should I stick to Bajaj Allianz?
Old 23rd July 2012, 07:48   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyMaster View Post
Hi All,
I need to clarify one doubt as well. My vehicle would be completing its 1st year and I have got a reminder notes from Bajaj Allianz to renew my policy. The thing about NCB, are the offerings same for all companies? For e.g checked Bajaj Allianz website and they would be offering NCB of 20% for the 1st year and should I stick to Bajaj Allianz?
The NCB offered is same by all Insurance companies. Whether to stick to BA is your choice depending upon the quality of service provided, there are Insurers who would offer discounts when renewed online. Do a comparo and you will be surprised.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks