Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th July 2009, 17:01   #1
BHPian

How to Handle the whole situation "Accidented i10"

Hi guys I m really sad I had an accident on my i10 Which is a year old very less used. Though am lucky that nothing happened to me. I banged my i10 on a ambassador cab which suddenly braked near Dhuala kuan. The whole fault is of Transport authorities who have recently installed those skinny speed breakers and that too not on complete road just half. So most people hardly see it at speed of 50 above. I just couldnt break in time.
Now according to me front bonnet, bumper, and one light gone from out side.
and from inside Radiator, condenser gone. Rest will know after the survey.

I got to know from a friend that insurance will pay just 50% for plastic and 90% for metal parts.

I have left my car at deep hyundai which a friend told has better workshop then Himgiri. Car was purchased from Himgiri though.

Today I went there a guy just visually inspected the car and said it'll cost around 10K after insurance cover? I just dont know how to go about it? Can anyone give some inputs and dos and donts. Thanks...

Last edited by somebodystopme : 9th July 2009 at 17:03.
Old 9th July 2009, 17:09   #2
BHPian

Sad to hear about the accident and glad that you did not get hurt. That's more important.

Coming to the repair aspect, you did get pretty much all the details you need. And it is true that the insurance would pay 50% for all the plastic and rubber parts and about 90% for all the metal parts and you would get 100% on the denting and painting jobs.

You need to keep any eye on what are these metal parts that we being replaced as it is easy for the workshop rather than try and dent and paint it. Hence, sometimes, the workshops take the easy route out.

Apart from that, I am not sure if there are any things that you need to take care of.
Old 9th July 2009, 17:19   #3
BHPian

Does your insurance have cashless facility with the service station. You need to find this out. If yes, the insurance company will directly pay the service station and you will need to pay the rest. The service center will themselves intimate the insurance guys.

I think its 10k after insurance.
Old 9th July 2009, 17:46   #4
BHPian

Sad to hear about the incident.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muralisk View Post

90% for all the metal parts and you would get 100% on the denting and painting jobs.

You need to keep any eye on what are these metal parts that we being replaced as it is easy for the workshop rather than try and dent and paint it. Hence, sometimes, the workshops take the easy route out.
Very true. When I went to Hyundai to get my dent fixed
(details in this thread, http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/street...ggestions.html ), they said that the door has to be replaced and the total cost of the repair/paint would be around 18k of which my share would be 4.5k. I got the dent removed and re-painted outside for the same cost (wanted to save on the no-claim bonus) and the door is as good as new and does not show that there was any dent previously.
Old 16th July 2009, 23:21   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodystopme View Post
Hi guys I m really sad I had an accident on my i10 Which is a year old very less used. Though am lucky that nothing happened to me. I banged my i10 on a ambassador cab which suddenly braked near Dhuala kuan. The whole fault is of Transport authorities who have recently installed those skinny speed breakers and that too not on complete road just half. So most people hardly see it at speed of 50 above. I just couldnt break in time.
Now according to me front bonnet, bumper, and one light gone from out side.
and from inside Radiator, condenser gone. Rest will know after the survey.

I got to know from a friend that insurance will pay just 50% for plastic and 90% for metal parts.

I have left my car at deep hyundai which a friend told has better workshop then Himgiri. Car was purchased from Himgiri though.

Today I went there a guy just visually inspected the car and said it'll cost around 10K after insurance cover? I just dont know how to go about it? Can anyone give some inputs and dos and donts. Thanks...

Thats sad, i know how it feels when your car gets damaged..atleast you didnt get hurt, thats the good part...

now coming to the insurance, i presume you should have a cashless facility(these days most of the private insurers offer this facility) and most of the authorised dealers have tie up with the insurance company,

for ex, if you have TATA AIG and if the MAruti Dealer is tied up with TATA, ideally you wont spend a single penny for the repair other than charges like
1) 50% charges on plastic and rubber parts,
2) balance amount on metal parts after considering the depreciated value (ex if the costs for metal totals to 5000 and if the depreciation is 90%, then you will have to shell Rs500 from your pocket, again depreciation rates are computed according to the age of your vehicle)
3) Mandatory Insurance charges that varies from Rs.300-500 depending on the Insurer

All you need to do is call up the Insurer and file a claim for which you will recieve the claim no that you need to quote in the claim form. Later to which a surveyor will be assigned who will then take a call on the parts that needs to be approved(beware, the surveyors are experts who can even spot the age of a damage !!!)

Later the dealer performs the repair work, bears the repairs costs and then reimburses the amount from the Insurer, that way you end up not paying the entire cost from your pocket !

If you have companies like Oriental and other non-private insurers, I presume you will have to shell out the amount first and then file a claim later for the reimbursement, again I am not sure about the exact process..Other T-BHPians should be able to answer for you

I hope i made sense...
Old 18th July 2009, 09:17   #6
Senior - BHPian

You are getting cashless, but check that this 10k is a proper calculated figure. and not just a round figure.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks