Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2023, 23:22   #16
BHPian

Re: Insurance against electrical damages due to Rats etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Finally, the rats got me
... I guess, the wiring harness is still being imported.
Ashutosh, I feel for you. I had a similar issue, where rats chewed through the wiring harness (and died in the AC vent) in my Tiago. Even though the car is manufactured fully in India, it took a while for the parts to arrive. Apparently, wiring harnesses are not meant/expected to fail and therefore are not as readily available as spare parts.

Insurance did cover the charges, and I only had to pay the deductible. Still, it took well over 3 months for the parts to arrive & to get the car back.

In fact, I was relocating out of the country and the rat timed it's death 2 weeks before my flight. In those two weeks, I had to work with the incompetent TATA ASC 'technicians' who kept throwing me between the body shop & service center .

Finally sold the car to a friend (full transparency on the state) who agreed to pick up the car once it's ready from the service center directly. Man, what an ordeal
Luckily, rats only managed to chew through the temperature sensor on my Skoda Superb, which was an easy and quick fix! Phew!

Good luck with the insurance claims, hope they can get the car fixed and returned to you as soon as possible!
Old 21st April 2023, 06:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDiSLover View Post
Good luck with the insurance claims, hope they can get the car fixed and returned to you as soon as possible!
Thanks, brother.

I have been wondering, if such an expensive part can get damaged so easily, why dont they cover it better?
ashutoshb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2023, 12:39   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Finally, the rats got me

My 2021 Skoda Kushaq had started showing an Airbag error last month.

I then took the car to the local dealer in Noida.

They inspected the car, and showed me that the wiring harness was bitten by rats.

Attaching the estimate, they have given to me.
Hello,
Did you receive the harness? How much time did it take? I am facing a similar issue with my Kodiaq. The advisor doesnt yet know the availability of the harness and has been discouraging me to go with an insurance claim. Is it has to be imported how much time can it require possibly?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks