Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2009, 21:37   #1
BHPian

My experience with Bajaj Allianz insurance.

Hi,

I own a Honda unicorn bike. My insurance was about to expire on 15th of September and I wanted to renew it. I went to their website https://www.bajajallianz.com/. I was happy to see that they have an option of renewing insurance online. So I went on to renew it and provided all the necessary information’s and also provided my credit card number. However some error was thrown at the end of the transaction but the amount has been deducted from my credit card.

I got in touch with my bank and confirmed and confirmed that the amount has been deducted. I sent out an email to their customer support and also called them up on their toll free number but both attempts failed because they just write a cooked up response and do the same on the phone. Also I sent them a screenshot of the transaction to their customer support email id but I get the same cooked up response stating that "We sincerely apologies for the inconvenience caused to you while using our on-line services...... blah blah....". It’s been almost 4 days since I am trying to get my insurance from bajaj allianz but I keep getting the same response from them. I don’t want to take my bike out because if something happens then I might end up in trouble.

Guys, please tell me how do I go from here. Anybody had a similar experience when renewing the insurance online, if yes then how did you get your insurance in the end? When you didn't get the insurance then did they credit the money back to your credit card?

Please do not go for bajaj allianz insurance for you vehicles. They have the worst customer support that I have dealt with.

MODS: Please post this in the appropriate forum if you feel that this thread isn’t in the right place.
Old 17th September 2009, 21:47   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post

Please do not go for bajaj allianz insurance for you vehicles. They have the worst customer support that I have dealt with.
I am sorry for the problems that you have faced with them.

But, For the past 5+ years, I have my health cover for my family with them and 2+ years my bike is insured with them.

There were more than 6 instances I had to utilize their services in the past and i would give a 9/10 for their services.
Old 17th September 2009, 21:47   #3
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabsubs View Post
I think you're thinking too much. Call them tomorrow and see what happens. It's not yet time to think that they've conned you.

BTW, do you have their previous plastic call card with all details?
Old 17th September 2009, 22:08   #4
BHPian

Dont worry. Check the cc statement. It would be fine.
This occured many times with me. Money is shown to be debited and again credited nullifying the mistake.
Old 17th September 2009, 22:14   #5
BHPian

Don't panic sabsubs. Glitches during the online transaction is something that we cannot avoid. Based on the business requirement , call center folks will always have limited information with them to share with the customers.

Ask for escalation and take it from there. I am very satisfied with the Bajaj Alianz's services.
Old 17th September 2009, 22:28   #6
BHPian

sabsubs : dont panic. This kind of issues do happen during electronic transactions.

PM me your insurance policy details (the policy number etc) and I will ask a Bajaj Allianz person to get in touch with you. I have some contacts there.
Old 18th September 2009, 06:43   #7
BHPian

Last year, exactly the same thing happened with me...only worse, because I reaqlized it after 4 failed attempts :(

For 3 months nothing worked, then I got hold of the CEO's email id, and sent the whole mail chain to him, cc to customer care..stating that they can consider that amount of 650/- which they have wrongfully charged me as my contribution to there bottom line.
5 days, I had it back in my account.

However, I will suggest you wait for atleast 21 working days as this is the norm to get the money refunded in your account.

On the other hand, I am surprised that they still haven't bothered to fix this problem in there website. May be its actually contributing to there bottom line!

Regards,
Old 18th September 2009, 09:37   #8
BHPian

i also faced the same problem when i was renewing my honda Dio insurance. i received the policy after almost a month ie after lot of mails sent and calls made to there head office which is in puna.

try mailing Swati.Vyavahare at bajajallianz.co.in, after i spoke to her things started moving fast

Last edited by deepak_ms : 18th September 2009 at 09:41.
Old 19th September 2009, 09:53   #9
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudra Sen View Post
I think you're thinking too much. Call them tomorrow and see what happens. It's not yet time to think that they've conned you.

BTW, do you have their previous plastic call card with all details?
Actually I am not thinking too much. But I made a mistake by not approaching them directly in their branch office and opted to renew it online.

I do not have any plastic card. Do they provide any plastic card? They usually give me a printed copy of the insurance and thats it. Please let me know if I need to ask for the plastic card as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafanboy View Post
Don't panic sabsubs. Glitches during the online transaction is something that we cannot avoid. Based on the business requirement , call center folks will always have limited information with them to share with the customers.

Ask for escalation and take it from there. I am very satisfied with the Bajaj Alianz's services.
Yes I do agree that glitches do happen when we are transacting online but when customer starts reporting these glitches then the concerned team should look into these glitches and rectify the problem. Here the issue is that the auth code is received from the bank stating that the sufficient money is available in my credit card. And the very next day the money gets debited so there is no problem in the payment gateway but bajaj allianz has got some problem with their own website. So they need to rectify these kind of problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoghchaphalkar View Post
sabsubs : dont panic. This kind of issues do happen during electronic transactions.

PM me your insurance policy details (the policy number etc) and I will ask a Bajaj Allianz person to get in touch with you. I have some contacts there.
Thanks mate, I will PM you with my policy number & details.
Old 23rd September 2009, 18:27   #10
BHPian

Update on the bike insurance that I renewed online on 12th September:

I got a call on Friday from Bajaj Alliance and they told me that I will be receiving the soft copy within 24 hours. I thought that I might get it on Tuesday (since Monday being an holiday) or if it gets delayed then I thought that I might get it by Wednesday. But as usual they say that I will receive a call back from them when I got in touch with their customer support.

I think this might take a long time to get resolved.
Old 19th January 2011, 21:44   #11
Senior - BHPian

Re: My experience with Bajaj Allianz insurance.

I am caught up in a similar situation with Bajaj Allianz

I renewed the policy of my Wagonr with them though their telesales channel last week. For some reason IVRS card payment did not work and I paid them by check. The check has been debited from my account on 15th Jan, but, I have not received the policy so far, neither any cover note number etc., which they promised within 2 working days. Worse thing is my last insurance expired in between on 15th Jan and my car is being used for daily commute.

Umpteen calls to their helpline + emails to customer service has not yielded any result so far. They have just "tagged" my issue and sent parroted replies. I am forced to drive the car without proper insurance document in my hand, which is scary :(

Guys please PM me if anyone has email-ids of higher ups in Bajaj Allianz or suggest some recourse. The email id suggested in the couple post below is more than a year old is it still valid? Btw, I have copied my mails to some garima banerjee (mentioned as the escalation point in one of the mails I received) in Babja Allianz, but, no response from their too. I hugely repent my decision to renew with Bajaj Allianz.

tia,
-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 19th January 2011 at 21:48.
Old 21st January 2011, 09:22   #12
Senior - BHPian

Bajaj Alliance sucks!

Last year, I also tried to renew my bike's policy online, but everytime it throwed up a error that policy no / reg no is incorrect!
Then I mailed the screen-shot to Customer care, for which they replied the IT team will look into this & get back in 3 working days!
My policy was getting expired in 2 days, so I called up the CC and asked them if I can renew via IVRS (phone) by Credit card, first they said no, later they called me & said that renewal via IVRS is available, so I tried to do the CC payment thru IVRS, but everytime IVRS couldn't read my Card no dialed on the phone! Gave up after trying 3 times!
Finally, I asked the Customer care to renew my Policy & I will drop the cheque at their Branch office next day, they promptly declined!
I lost my cool & told them to get lost, am not intereseted in their company!
Next day, I went to Reliance Fresh & got it renewed with ICICI Lombard.
If this is the pain for renewing the policy, am not sure how much pain it will be for getting any claims from them!
I forgot to add, I had escalated this issue to the mail-ids given for escalation in their automated acknowledgment mail, but, sadly no response from them!
Pathetic customer service!

Last edited by finneyp : 21st January 2011 at 09:28.
Old 21st January 2011, 10:40   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by finneyp View Post
... I had escalated this issue to the mail-ids given for escalation in their automated acknowledgment mail, but, sadly no response from them!
Pathetic customer service!
Very true. Yesterday they called me, after so many reminders, and took all the details from me which I had submitted already with the proposal. Cruel thing is they have already debited my account for ~3300/-. I can't forgo that amount and go to a different insurer now. My next step is to escalate to the IRDA ombudsman and, also praying that no mishap happens with me on the road :(

-BJ
Old 21st January 2011, 12:17   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
... praying that no mishap happens with me on the road :(
Just off the phone from Bajaj Allianz cust care. Happy ending at last. Got the insurance number and the soft copy. Took about 10 days for this.

-BJ
Old 21st January 2011, 13:41   #15
NFS
BHPian

I too use Baj aj All ianz Insurance for health, and car. Their rep Mr. S has been excellent with his services. I do not know if it is the company or the rep who is good. Every year I get a prompt call from the rep - he gives me a compliment (personal insurance cover or so) for the car + health ins renewal. He at times offered me discounted/free holiday packages (though I did not make use of it, as I feel such free offers will have too many catches and it ruins your holidays) Over all a very satisfied customer of Ba jaj Ins. Touchwood!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks