Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Indian Car Loans & Insurance
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2010, 12:42   #1
Senior - BHPian

Iffco-Tokio : Poor experience in processing claims

BHPians,

I did intend to create this thread in "Indian car loans and insurance" section but the recent poor service by IFFCO TOKIYO has left me in the lurch without my daily commuter for the past 5 days.

On 30th last month, near a vegetable shop, a miscreant made some profanity scratches on my car's bonnet and front bumper and tore off the protective strip of the rear bumper and again left some scratches. that day was Wednesday. The pic of the same can be seen on the last page of the "vandalism" thread.

On 2nd of july, friday, at about 11:30 AM, i took my car to capital Hyundai, sector 63 workshop, which houses their body shop for a paint work on the aforementioned 3 pieces-the bonnet, front and rear bumper to be claimed under insurance from iffco tokiyo gauging by already atrocious labour rates by hyundai.

I was told to lodge an FIR for the same and despite the high court's order which does not require to lodge an FIR, except on a case to case basis for insurance claim, I went ahead and lodged and got the required document verified by police with the relevent DD entry. the job card for the same was opened on friday.
I submitted the paper on their other workshop, sector 2, noida since it is near my house rather than going all the way to 63.
I told them purposely to give this document as early as possible to their 63 workshop and they asured me that it would reach by saturday morning.
But it never happened, instead it reached after 3 PM, as was old to me by the bodyshop manager. The surveyor had already gone, and the advisor told me that the insurance companies do not work on saturday.
I lost my temper and lambasted him for the delay and still he felt helpless.
Sunday again, holiday, so car is gathering dust.

Now on Monday, after hard hitting, the suveyor finally arrives at 63 workshop at 3:30 pm and conducts a survey and tells me that it is my third claim and the company's policy states that it is not a cashless, but the money will be refunded after a deduction of 500 rupees as claim charges. I think that work on my car has finally started.
But no. He wants to verify my earlier two claims by seeing photos from his database via an e-mail from his iffco officials. Evening passes by, and it does not happen.
He asks me to give time till 11 AM today, tuesday. I call him at 12 noon, and nothing again has been done. he again asks me for half an hour time. get mad and scold him for his tardyness. 5 days have passed including today, and this delay mean that the santro is in the workshop with work not being started. And me, without my personal car for the past 5 days.

I really cannot understand that what the hell is this on the insurance company's part in dilly delaying my claim? and what the hell is this photo verification to be done and why is he intentionally delaying the claim procedure?

Why doesn't understand the urgency that i require my car ASAP for commuting?

This is just plain atrocious service by iffco-tokiyo, and to a certain extent from capital Hyundai for their utter helplessness and delay in communications. If you want, I can disclose the name and number of surveyor and claim number.

And the worst part-I have not been provided with a loaner car despite my repeated requests.
Old 6th July 2010, 12:46   #2
Senior - BHPian

Sid, Iffco-Tokiyo are the absolute PITS as far as Insurance companies go. Why on earth did you choose them over Bajaj or TATA-AIG???? I used them once for my Fiesta (they were significantly cheaper & I hadn't heard the horror stories then) & I was bloody lucky that I did not need to file a claim - I'm yet to hear of anyone having a positive experience with them.
Old 6th July 2010, 12:54   #3
BHPian

Yea, iffco-tokiyo are a bunch of jokers. I once wanted to get home insurance from them through their general insurance channel, when i had a look at their underwritting! i just let it pass. TATA AIG is good.
Old 6th July 2010, 13:49   #4
Senior - BHPian

The original insurance for my Comet was iffco-tokyo. The experience was horrible to say the least when the battery worth Rs.6k then conked off. And kinetic+Iffco combo made it that much more lethal! Have switched to Bajaj since then.
Old 6th July 2010, 13:54   #5
Senior - BHPian

Work started finally. Only bonnet repaint claim approved, not the bumper. I said them to go ahead and paint it. I just want my car back ASAP.
Cost: some money plus my vocal chord plus my neck.
Old 6th July 2010, 17:13   #6
BHPian

My company has a corporate tie up with Iffco Tokio...God Knows what will happen to the people who have opted for company car.
Old 6th July 2010, 17:47   #7
BHPian

Sorry to hear about your ordeal, Sid. I hope the matter gets resolved fast and you get your car back soon.

However, my experience with Iffco-Tokiyo is quite the opposite. I had a broken rear bumper & right tail lamp assembly after a freak accident in my Fiesta.

As Iffco has cashless tieup with Ford, I just dropped the car to the showroom and gave the go ahead for claims. I got the car back in flat 2 days with zero interaction required with the surveyor, etc. Iffco updated me periodically through SMSes.

I felt their work, along with that of the SA, quite professional.
Old 6th July 2010, 21:45   #8
Senior - BHPian

I've IFFCO-TOKIO for my Xing and took a claim last year in April for change of front Bumper, front headlamp (left) and Left fender. The claim was a cashless one and the repairs were undertaken at MGF, Okhla. It took 2 days for the survey and other formalities, rest was all ok. The surveyor as told by Bodyshop guys was recently re-instated in the field after a brief stint in office due to some inefficiencies.
Old 6th July 2010, 21:59   #9
BHPian

Considering contradicting experiences reported on this thread, I guess this being third claim during the year (hopefully I got this right from the data provided) is not helping sidindica's cause.

Having said that, I don't see any reason why insurance company needs to cause incovenience to the customer. They have insured the vehicle for one year and therefore, they need to professionally fulfill the contractual obligation irrespective of number of claims during a year.
Old 6th July 2010, 22:12   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I really cannot understand that what the hell is this on the insurance company's part in dilly delaying my claim?
Just to get you frustrated & to make you say "No, I don't want a claim".

I would say it happens everywhere. Even though I've a Maruti Insurance, the original insurance providers are New India Assurance (NIA), compared to last years National Insurance. I'd a similar experience like you where in the NIA guys told me that they would get back to me with an approximate claim amount for couple of days. I was frustrated & pulled my car & decided to run with dents.

OT - @Sid - what happened to the FIR that you lodged against the spoiled rich guy without a license but with a FZ? Any updates?

Last edited by aargee : 6th July 2010 at 22:15.
Old 7th July 2010, 10:29   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Work started finally. Only bonnet repaint claim approved, not the bumper. I said them to go ahead and paint it. I just want my car back ASAP.
Cost: some money plus my vocal chord plus my neck.
Did they gave any valid reason for why not approved?
Old 8th July 2010, 17:39   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
the company's policy states that it is not a cashless, but the money will be refunded after a deduction of 500 rupees as claim charges.
This is a really sad story. I never understood the reason of this rule of 2 cashless only in a year.
Old 9th July 2010, 10:46   #13
Senior - BHPian

am supposed to get the car today. The front bumper and bonnet are repainted, and I am getting a nip and tuck done as well. But my bumper has straightline blade marks on the right hand side. The iffco surveyor rejected the claim for the paint charges to me because under his clause", it was a hit and run case, not vandalism and two separate cases is not covered under one claim".
Despite my FIR, who the hell is he to make his own assumptions? This just doesn't gel. Can i file a complaint to IRDA and will the action be taken?

IFFCO's policy says that third claim is not cashless....who on earth says that?

Such bloody atrocious service of iffco, and to some extent, Hyundai too for not doing proper communication and followup.

When will get peace of mind and stop shouting at these companies..?
Old 9th July 2010, 10:54   #14
BHPian

Filing a written complaint with IRDA will definitely shake some heads. IRDA does not tolerate crap from insurance companies.
Old 9th July 2010, 10:55   #15
Senior - BHPian

Sid - When you signed up for the insurance with iffco, the fine print that we miss, was already signed up for. Just read through the policy document properly before deciding the course of action. I understand the heart burn but trust me, for the working class like us, time is money. Try contacting the regional heads or higher ups to sort out this matter over email/phone. I can understand the frustration though. We are a long way off when it comes to customer service. Its not just the service part that we are denied. Its also the explanation thats never forth coming leading one to suspect an unfair deal!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks