Team-BHP - SCOOP : New HM Ambassador (CS Version)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   SCOOP : New HM Ambassador (CS Version) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/100749-scoop-new-hm-ambassador-cs-version.html)

Hi All,

Just spotted a brand new HM Ambassador on KARVE ROAD in pune.
It’s a CS version of Ambassador.:Shockked:

Yes, you are reading right. I saw a CS (Compact) version of HM Ambassador.
Front side is same as old one. But there is some change in back side. Because the back side was covered. Some change in back light also. But no change in front and back bumper, same old steel bumper.

PRESENTING THE ALL NEW HM AMBASSADOR CS clap:

Note From Moderator: Pics moved to post#1.

So the all new Ambassador we've been hearing about is merely a shortened version? If this is the car the news articles were referring to it is a real disappointment. They cannot increase it's life with a CS version. What is HM thinking!

Quote:

Originally Posted by KALINGA (Post 2196103)
But no change in front and back bumper, same old steel bumper. :)

the current version of the AMBY doesn't have steel bumpers. They are body coloured.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daewood (Post 2196248)
the current version of the AMBY doesn't have steel bumpers. They are body coloured.

This test car has old style bumper.
Steel bumper at front and back.

But the car seems to me a finished product.
No idea they may change the bumper later on.

Hahaha.. looks like they HM took inspiration from the Landmaster and wanted to go back to the good ole days of the Landy! I am sure the CS will be somewhat Landmasterish. I think the Landy looked much cuter than the Amby back.

Why cant they just get rid of it or come up with something like what DC did to the Amby.. what the heck, why not do a complete new car like the Mini or Beetle which will have some lines to suggest that its an iconic Amby but actually is nothing like it!

I hope they come up with something on the lines of the Volga coupe (with a few alterations ofcourse). Retro, yet sporty.

http://pic.phyrefile.com/m/mx/mxm/20...onvertible.jpg

Shan2nu

450 Ambys in December. Pretty good i would say. Though i do wonder how many people outside Bengal and the Sarkaari lot are actually buying this ?

The CS version - If its compact, what is the logic behind it. Amby is known for its space and comfort. If you compromise on that, how do you sell it. Lets wait.

Looks like there was some error Kalinga, cant see the pics.
Trying to create an Ambassador CS is an exercise in futility IMHO.

EDIT : Can see them now. can you please watermark them ? Also, the boot seems to be of regular length, from the angle I see it from. Was it really short ? Sort of like a London Taxi ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sajo (Post 2196503)
Looks like there was some error Kalinga, cant see the pics.
Trying to create an Ambassador CS is an exercise in futility IMHO.

EDIT : Can see them now. can you please watermark them ? Also, the boot seems to be of regular length, from the angle I see it from. Was it really short ? Sort of like a London Taxi ?

yes its boot is short like Indigo CS. yes you may say like London Taxi.

How to water mark the photo?

What is HM trying to do here? Get in to bankruptcy? They have to come to terms with the fact that whatever minor changes they do on the old amby it just wouldnt work! I heard that they were working on an all new amby, if this is the one, then please HM, Please shut shop. It will probably retail for about 6 lakhs and it will not be even be worth 1/4th of its value in 2 days time. Even govt organizations have started buying dzires / manzas etc. Taxis have gone the other way with logans and indica / indigo cs / LWB options.

You can use picassa to watermark them. Or PM one of the mods for help.

I think they want to create something like this old Morris Minor, from the rather short stubby curve of the boot.
SCOOP : New HM Ambassador (CS Version)-morris_minor_1000_4_door_saloon_1965_7024655.jpg

Looks like it was headed to ARAI for homologation. They must be serious about selling this thing then! :Shockked:

I do not see anything different from the regular version. Maybe its got to do with the angle from which the photo was shot. By the way, I appreciate HM's never-give up attititude.Optimism at its best ! But is it worth it ?

So HM has pulled out the Old Landmaster dies for the boot and reinvented the landmaster!! it seems. Trust HM!

Only HM can go back in time... I can see the original "Landmaster" look is back!

Unbelievable ...

This just about sums up my feeling for HM's effort perfectly ... :deadhorse

What is the market segment they are targeting with this? Hatchback market?