Team-BHP - Hyundai i15 (or Next Gen i10)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai i15 (or Next Gen i10) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/100777-hyundai-i15-next-gen-i10.html)

Mod Note : The Hyundai Grand i10's Official Review can be found at this link.

Please continue the discussion over on the new thread.

A new variant of Hyundai small car that is bigger than the i10, but smaller than i20, is spotted in Brazil. Here is the link to the report (courtesy Motoroids):

Spied: Hyundai i15 to plug the gap between i10 and i20?

Please go through the report, which states that the car is expected of similar size as Suzuki Swift.

But, I have a doubt that it it need not be the i15, but, it is going to be the next gen i10. This is because, Santro had similar life cycle. First the Santro Zip Drive with 1L engine, followed by the Zip Plus & mild facelift with 1.1L engine, & then the current Santro Xing with change in shape, dimensions, etc. The i10 has gone through the first two stages & probably the above car could be the third stage.

Too big to be the next gen i10 IMHO. One of the USPs of the i10 is its small exteriors and this new model wont fit that bill for sure. I don't think it will replace the i10. It might co-exist, priced between the i10 and i20 instead. The name i15 suggests the same too.

^^ +1. It clearly appears to be a filler between the i10 & the i20, though I would not call it a gap. It would be interesting to see how they price it, by the time it is launched... Currently there is little scope, what with i20's lower end models already priced close to high-end i10's territory.

If this is indeed a new car between i10 & i20, they should be plonking in the 1.2L Kappa engine to avail the tax benefits & the 1.4L CRDi. The positioning can be made simpler by removing the base version of i20 & cutting down some of the features on the i10 and bring the prices down.

Hyundai, Please make sure you have a diesel for this - It can do wonders in that segment !

Well, Hyundai also seems to be going the Maruti way. Fill up all the blanks in your product range and the sales automatically increase. Engines, components, etc. can be shared across the product range and that will result in lower costs.

Some people (like me) have indeed found the i10 too small and the i20 too big (and out of budget). If there had been something in between, priced correctly and with a diesel engine, I would have bought it without second thoughts.

I think the base model of i20 can be safely pulled out. I haven't seen too many Eras on road. Even Hyundai dealerships did not promote this much. Prospective customers were turned towards Magna. The waiting period was also long.

I dont know why everyone feels this car is too big. It looks like its the size of the i.10. The next gen car should be out by next year anyways.

Few of you who speculate that the car could be pitched in between i10 & i20 could be correct. But, don't you feel that there could be serious overlapping of the prices of the 3 cars in that case, not to forget the product cannibalisation, with the same engine & marginal differentiation in terms of interiors space.

Somehow, for the time being I would like to stand by my opinion/ views, though I understand that I can be proved wrong in future. stupid:

I didn't even know there's actually a gap between i10 and i20. Is Hyundai planning a model at every Rs. 1 lac interval?

If this model is indeed going to be launched in that space between the i10 and i20, then its really attractive proposition! It would have more space and style than the i10 and would be more affordable than the i20! COOL ;) The Swift is currently being compared only with the i10(At least the Indian car magazines do this), when they have to pick a car from the Hyundai stable. This is maily due to the premium pricing of the i20. Now thw i15 would really change this. Credible car for those who want something bigger than the i10, but cant afford the i20. I really do see the space for this car to fit in.

If Maruti can sell successive generations with the same engines at the same price point, why can't 3 cars with different attributes and different target customers co-exist?

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingSpur (Post 2341832)
I didn't even know there's actually a gap between i10 and i20. Is Hyundai planning a model at every Rs. 1 lac interval?

Well, if you look at it, you can buy a Maruti for 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 lacs.

Hyundai being the only 2nd to Maruti should be following their footsteps.

I am not sure but I think this car doesnt look that big.

It should co-exist with the Santro, i10 and i20. Why not be like Maruti and give the buyer lots and lots of choices.

Once a buyer comes in to a showroom he/she should get out only after buying a car, as simple as that.:)

Guys, this car, touted as the Hyundai's new 800cc car got me thinking that it was too big to be the sub Santro car. Now this could very well be thw i15 ! Just look at the glass area shapes with the spy pictures. They are too close. I think they're the same :)
The shape of the headlamps and the bonnet lines match.
Attachment 541110
Look closely, the tail lamps, and even the details in the tail lamps are one and the same!
Attachment 541111

Quote:

Originally Posted by nik_kapur (Post 2341762)
I dont know why everyone feels this car is too big. It looks like its the size of the i.10. The next gen car should be out by next year anyways.

Does Hyundai follow a 5 year product route map like Honda? Never heard of anything of that sort. I guess i10 was launched in 2008 - so even for a 5 year change, the next model should be coming in by 2013 [ 2 years down the line] ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by CARDEEP (Post 2341812)
Few of you who speculate that the car could be pitched in between i10 & i20 could be correct. But, don't you feel that there could be serious overlapping of the prices of the 3 cars in that case, not to forget the product cannibalisation, with the same engine & marginal differentiation in terms of interiors space.

Somehow, for the time being I would like to stand by my opinion/ views, though I understand that I can be proved wrong in future. stupid:

I am not so sure why would the product cannibalisation be a problem. Look at Maruti, they have been doing this and are pretty successful too. As an example, i wanted to buy a Santro and went for a TD as well. After the TD I noticed that Santro prices are very close to i10 and wanted to book an i10 as I found the car better than Santro for that extra bucks. Customers should be very happy with the extra choices they get for very little extra payment. Now coming to product line up, as of now Hyundai diesel car starts with i20 and there is a BIG scope for a diesel product there below the i20 !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhanushs (Post 2341890)
Well, if you look at it, you can buy a Maruti for 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 lacs.

Hyundai being the only 2nd to Maruti should be following their footsteps.

+1

Quote:

Originally Posted by aravind.anand (Post 2341912)
Guys, this car, touted as the Hyundai's new 800cc car got me thinking that it was too big to be the sub Santro car. Now this could very well be thw i15 ! Just look at the glass area shapes with the spy pictures. They are too close. I think they're the same :)
The shape of the headlamps and the bonnet lines match.
Attachment 541110
Look closely, the tail lamps, and even the details in the tail lamps are one and the same!
Attachment 541111

H800 should be replaced below the Santro right ?? And is there a problem with the attachments? I could not open / see any of the links !!

Quote:

Originally Posted by swiftnfurious (Post 2341982)
H800 should be replaced below the Santro right ?? And is there a problem with the attachments? I could not open / see any of the links !!

Yes, the H800 is to be positioned below the Santro, which is why the pictures the wesite claimed as the spy pictures of the H800 got me wondering! :D

Another try at attaching the same pictures, dunno what went wrong

The headlamp shape and the bonnet lines match well!
Hyundai i15 (or Next Gen i10)-hyundaii15.jpg
The tail lamp shape and even the tail lamp details match pretty well!
Hyundai i15 (or Next Gen i10)-hyundaii15rear.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by aravind.anand (Post 2342059)
Yes, the H800 is to be positioned below the Santro, which is why the pictures the wesite claimed as the spy pictures of the H800 got me wondering! :D

Another try at attaching the same pictures, dunno what went wrong

The headlamp shape and the bonnet lines match well!
Attachment 541184
The tail lamp shape and even the tail lamp details match pretty well!
Attachment 541185

Yeah man.. thats the new H800.
I5 ? Is it :D
The car seems much bigger than an alto and im wondering whether they would be able to price in that region. Definitely will be a style upgrade for most buyers in the 800 cc car segment.