Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2011, 16:49   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suspension Warranties : who offers what, and how long do they last!?

My Maruti 800's Tie rod and bushes failed at 21000 KMs. By that time car was out of warranty and I had to shell out some 4K for tie rod replacement along with some bushes.
Old 17th May 2011, 19:01   #17
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I guess I've been relatively lucky. Of all the cars in the last 10 years, only the Indigo required suspension part replacements under warranty (shot front dampers @ 30K kms). The next was the C220 with leaking dampers (again, front) at about 40 - 45K. Car was out of warranty, hence I had to unhappily pay for the same.

With the Japs though, I've never needed to overhaul the suspension before 50,000 kms. Of course, they would go well over that, but we all know that an OEM suspension is working past its prime beyond 50K kms. The 45,000 km point is perfect to change worn out suspension parts.
Old 17th May 2011, 20:43   #18
Senior - BHPian

My respect for this beast only grows with time. 2.2 years old and over 88k kms with approx 40% offroad terrain and not a squeak from anywhere yet. The suspension still holds strong, no squeaks, no rattles, no harsh ride yet. This suspension will easily clock over 100k kms.
Toyota seems to have put a few drops of amrit ras(drink of eternal life) in its production facilities. Everlasting top dog this one is, for sure.

Love Prado. Kudos Toyota.

Regular terrain for my beastie boy.
Attached Thumbnails
Suspension Warranties : who offers what, and how long do they last!?-sdc10157.jpg  

Suspension Warranties : who offers what, and how long do they last!?-sdc10159.jpg  

Old 1st November 2012, 08:47   #19
BHPian

The front left tie rod of my Toyota Fortuner has failed at 31K kms. The vehicle has been to Ladakh two times. First run had the Pangong -chushul-hanle-tsoMoriri circuit in it and the second time it had the Zanskar circuit apart from the usual Leh-manali route. Even there it was driven very carefuly making sure of no sudden impacts etc.
I am rather disappointed with this since i expected the suspension components to last much more. More disappointing is the fact that Toyota *** is not willing to change it under warranty even though the play in tie rod is towards the steering side. The car is not even 2 years old and has been handled by me with kids gloves.
The *** has referred the issue to toyota and waiting for a reply from there.

The toyota warranty booklet does no where mention the km reading till which the suspnsion is warranted. I fail to understand what does 3 years unlimited warranty means. If after every 2 trips to Ladakh i have to change the suspension components in a Fortuner then i would have better bought a Safari or Scorpio. Atleast i would have been mentally prepared for this.

Lets see what Toyota has to say about issue. Waiting for there reply.
Old 1st November 2012, 09:45   #20
BHPian

Wrong thread to ask this, but I've had my Linea's front suspension (the bar that sits lowest, only a few centimetres from the ground) hitting the surface below out some 5-6 times during the last two years, on unexpected road undulations or potholes.
How bad is this? Should I have my suspensions thoroughly checked at the A.S.S., and will warranty cover the damages if any?
Old 1st August 2017, 14:21   #21
BHPian

I'm in the same boat now, the suspension is reviewed as weak and needs replacement for my Mahindra Reva e2o. Its out of main warranty and is under extended warranty. I do not have terms of main warranty but the Advisor said, the suspension is covered only till 36K kms. Mine is at 40K for 1st paid service.
And the extended warranty has suspension no mentioned in covered parts.

1st, I'm surprised that suspension is weak so soon for city only car, no offroad and rough terrain. I'm quite disappointed on this fact and also, I've been complaining about suspension issue since 1st free service. They always gave back with tightening it up. Even at 37000 running issue service was done with just tightening and now with full service he is saying it needs to be replaced.

To me it looks like I have been taken for a ride. If this is the life of suspension then substandard parts is what is shipped with E2O.
Old 1st August 2017, 19:20   #22
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abacusv View Post
To me it looks like I have been taken for a ride. If this is the life of suspension then substandard parts is what is shipped with E2O.
Ask them to show job cards from all previous services which should have the complaint about the suspension mentioned on them. That way you can claim its an unresolved issue since first service.

Try and get in touch with your Regional Service Manager.

Please tweet Mr. Anand Mahindra. He is quick in acknowledging such matters.
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2017, 19:42   #23
BHPian

FIAT PUNTO 90 HP

Front Suspensions replaced under warranty around 40k kms
Reason, they started leaking and to my surprised both.

Recently replaced all four at 1,46,500 kms
so front replaced after i can say almost 1 L kms
and rear lasted almost 1.5L kms

and my strut pads used to last around 50 to 55kms

Thats good considering car has done, LEH Ladak, Uttarakhand, and most imp, Kalyan, Dombivli and Mumbai roads, and the horrible MH roads in Marathwada area.
Old 1st August 2017, 20:14   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

SX4 Diesel :

Rear shocks replaced under extended warranty at around 50K KM

Front Left lower arm replaced at 90K KM. Paid from pocket

S-Cross 1.6 :

Front right shock has oil leak at 23K km. Getting it replaced under warranty

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 1st August 2017 at 20:16.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks