Team-BHP - Car with Best Cockpit
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Car with Best Cockpit (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/102631-car-best-cockpit.html)

Hi All,
Throughout the years, Cars are no more just A to B transport. There are numerous factors that make us eager to select a model. Cockpit is one of the factors. I think in india the trend got changed with Civic and cruze much. So what cars which you think has the best cockpit in india or over the world, Lot of gadgets and good lights.
2012 civic cockpit:
Car with Best Cockpit-2012hondacivic.jpg
Ford Focus:
Car with Best Cockpit-fordfocuscockpit.jpg
Ford Figo:
Car with Best Cockpit-ford_figo_dashboard.jpg
Fiat Punto.. oh sorry Fiat 1100
Car with Best Cockpit-fiat.jpg

I love the simple uncluttered cockpit of certain cars. Style is important and most of the modern day cars have attractive cockpits, but a few cars from the past as well as current market stand out IMO. Some examples are given,

Mercedes Benz G55 AMG:
Car with Best Cockpit-112_0504_18z2005_mercedes_benz_g55_amg_suvinterior.jpg

Alfa Romeo 159:
Car with Best Cockpit-alfaromeo159interiorimage051280.jpg

Chevrolet Cruze:
Car with Best Cockpit-chevrolet_cruze_diesel_interior.jpg

Mercedes Benz W124 E-Class:

Car with Best Cockpit-interiorbright.jpg

Shelby GT500KR:
Car with Best Cockpit-mump_0709_05_zshelby_gt500_super_snakeinterior_dash.jpg

Apart from the Civic, I think the Chevrolet Cruze and the Chevrolet Beat have one of the best cockpits under 15 lakhs. The Honda Jazz also sports a funky cockpit.

What about this, called x wave cockpit
Car with Best Cockpit-xwavecockpit.jpg
Airbus A380, Its irrelevant here, but i guess the word cockpit came from planes
Car with Best Cockpit-a380_simulator_wideweb__470x3130.jpg

South of 15 lacs, it has to be the Civic, even after 5 years of its launch!

The new 2012 Benz C- class's cockpit looks really nice.

The Audi A8 cockpit is surely one of the more eye-catchy cockpits I have seen in recent times:-

It's Chevrolet Cruze and the Chevrolet Beat under 20 lakhs bracket.

Chevy rulesclap:

Cheers!

Vinu

I guess it definitely depends on the taste of the person. For me, I prefer the 'futuristic' look cockpit rather that the timeless simple and elegent ones.
Of the cars mentioned, my vote will go to Ford Focus.

Two cockpits I really like are the Hummer H1 and the Ferrari 612. The Hummer is very aircraft like. I like the look of the exposed fastener heads and the very industrial looking rocker switches.
Of course the Ferrari is just awesome.

I like the Honda Jazz's cockpit. I think its the best one as far as small cars are concerned. I think I like the 2011 C-Class one overall:

Until Punto Evo is launched its current Civic, Cruz and Beat this side of 15Lakh.

I think Kizashi's is equally good.

My favourite cockpit till date is the Nissan 370z's cockpit. I have travelled in this car for around 5-6 KMs and the experience was WOW! The cockpit has this orange theme all over the place and frankly, I can not put in right words.

In the indian cars, cruze has a lovely cockpit!

More than just the design which might or might not be funky, what finally matters is how well positioned all the controls are and how well the car wraps around the driver.

I'm sorry to say, no matter how funky looking the beat and cruze cockpits are, they are an ergonomic disaster. The footwell in both is a bit too small, the slanted center console actually causes your knee to constantly brush against it and the gear positioning is plain ridiculous - its too far forward.

By comparison, the civic though funky looking has a wonderfully ergonomic design and wraps around perfectly.