Team-BHP - The Skoda Fabia That Might Make It To India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   The Skoda Fabia That Might Make It To India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/10287-skoda-fabia-might-make-india.html)

Hi Everyone,

Last I heard (a while ago) that Skoda has scrapped plans to bring in the Fabia in 2005 as the NEW model was due for the world in 2006 and they'll bring that to India.

Have a look at these NEW FABIA pictures. It sports the new Skoda front, that is similar to the YETI etc.....

These were the original pictures that emreged of the car.

This picture have got different A, B, C-Pillars, different sideview mirrors, headlights, front bumper and a "NEW Toyota Yaris" like hump on the hood amongst other things.

But if the following pictures are to be beleived (including the spy pic) the car has got completely different, Swift inspired A-Pillar...

But overall that car looks OK (ish!!!)

Redcandle

looks like a swift to me..
it would be an expensive car and the cost of the maintanence and spares would also be sky high...

is that a joke.That is a 95% working copy of a Swift.only difference are the Lamps and a few bumps heare and there.

Is skoda taking inspiration from Hyundai.

The set of first 3 pictures have been published in the AutoExpress UK version long back. My heart kind of trust them.

Although the spy picture tells a different story. Not much is visible in terms of the cuts and the lines of the car.

But the last picture that i found looks soooo much like a photoshop job since the front nose of the car lokks kindaa dropped down and slightly unproportional.

Redcandle

Quote:

the last picture that i found looks soooo much like a photoshop job
I agree. If the new Fabia looks like that pic then Skoda will have a tough time selling that car. As it is Skoda plans to launch the sedan version which anyway looks ugly and if it's going to be inspired from the swift then even God can't save Fabia sales. How do you sell a car that looks 90% like the swift for over 7 lacs when the swift sedan is avaliable for less than that and with wider service network, cheaper spares and better service quality?

:OT This sedan fixation is really robbing Indians from owning some wonderful cars. First Honda will launch will launch the Civic sedan when the hatch looks light years better and then Skoda with the Fabia sedan when the hatch again looks way better. But then I guess I am in minority since majority of car buyers not only prefer but also like the sedan versions. Maybe someone should start a poll to see what memebers here prefer.

Sorry bud, but the last picture is a photoshop job. Check the Swift Photoshop thread, and the sample pic is the same.

Pretty talentless PS job at that...

Quote:

Originally Posted by v1p3r
Check the Swift Photoshop thread, and the sample pic is the same.

Pretty talentless PS job at that...

I found this picture on some other thread, and had a feeling that something is weird about that picture.

Do you have the link to the thread that you mentioned????

Redcandle

The Skoda Fabia is already here. Well I saw it at autobahn dealership parked outside with a temp registration and was in black color.. also around 2 weeks back it was being driven at worli sea face most likely to be a test drive. . loooks nice.. nothing like the above pics but looks radical..

This is a good looking hatch. But Scoda has to set right price tag and spares should be cheaper to beat other cars in the segment. Otherwise this will be a loser to Swift.

Hey zklasse can you please post some
pics of that black fabia?

Hey Redcandle, this is the thread... Haven't read through it since it started up though! http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...wift+photoshop

I think this car is going to be decimated by the Swift JTD. Skoda's USP has been frugal diesels, and the JTD will eat this thing for breakfast. Also, this end of the market is more sensitive to ASS and spares costs, where Maruti is unbeatable.

Swift with Chris Bangle headlamps?

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
Swift with Chris Bangle headlamps?

GTO

you bet....and i think skoda also will inherit their share of enemies like shris bangle....rl:

Isn't the Fabia ...Skoda? After GTO's other thread, I wonder how many (here) are really looking forward to the SKODA Fabia

not me...i am not looking forward for any other Skoda car, till they do something about the maintanence and running costs...

with the car loan rates dropping, an individual who wants to go for a Skoda as well might go in for a Merc, Beemer or an Audi and spend the same amount on running cost as in a Skoda..