Team-BHP - MERCEDES SL500 with pictures....what do u say?? sexy beast !!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   MERCEDES SL500 with pictures....what do u say?? sexy beast !! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/10350-mercedes-sl500-pictures-what-do-u-say-sexy-beast.html)

Standard on SL500: Active Body Control; Adaptive Accelerator Pedal; front and head/chest airbags; alarm and immobiliser; ABS with Brake Assist; automatic brake disc drying; 8.5J x 17 seven-spoke alloy wheels; child seat recognition sensor; automatic climate control; cooled centre console compartment; automatic boot- and door-closing aids; automatic pop-up roll-over bar; cruise control with speed limiter; bi-xenon headlights; CD changer; COMMAND telematics; two cupholders; Easy Pack (to aid boot loading); headlamp darkness sensor switch; heated front seats; metallic paint; multi-function steering wheel and centre dash display; parameter steering; rain-sensing wipers; remote boot release; Sensotronic Brake Control; electric multi-adjustable seats with memory; space-saver emergency wheel; storage boxes behind seats, in doors and under the passenger seat; leather seats; burr walnut wood trim.

ENGINE SPECIFICATION
4,966cc V8 petrol 5-speed automatic: 228kW (306bhp) at 5,600 rpm; 460Nm (339 lb ft) torque at 2,700–4,250 rpm.

DIMENSIONS

Length: 4,535 mm (14ft 11in)
Width: 2,045 mm (6ft 8.5in) (mirror tip to tip); 1,827mm (6ft 0in) (mirrors electrically folded)
Height: 1,298mm (4ft 3in) (roof up)
Luggage capacity: 206 litres (roof down); 288 litres (roof up). (29 litres can be added by substituting Tirefit system for emergency wheel.) Additional storage behind seats, under passenger seat, inside doors, in centre console and in glove compartment.
Kerb weight: 1,845kg (SL500); 1,955kg (SL55 AMG)
Fuel tank capacity: 80 litres.

guys its one of my all time favourite cars...
what do u say how does it stant in front of all these ?
Aston Martin DB7/Vanquish/V8; Bentley Azure/Continental; BMW X5 4.6; BMW Z8; Bristol Blenheim 3; Ferrari 360 Modena; Ferrari 550/560 Maranello; Honda NSX; Jaguar XKR8; Lamborghini Murcialago; Lexus SC430; Maserati 4300 Spyder; Mercedes CL5.0/CL6.0/CL55AMG; Porsche 911/911 Turbo; Range Rover 4.4; Rolls Royce Corniche.

i wud still go for SL 500..2003 model..

here she goes

pictures taken by NOKIA7610
spotted it infront of coffee day..that silver karizma in the background of one of these pictures is my bike

Quote:

Originally Posted by karizma_devil
what do u say how does it stant in front of all these ?
Lamborghini Murcialago

i wud still go for SL 500..2003 model..

Murcielago anyday!!
I'd also prefer the Mercedes CL55 AMG, Ferrari 360 Modena and Ferrari 550 Maranello. Although the CL55AMG would be a little tough choice :)

mercedes is something i have dreamt about since i was a kid..have a soft corner in my heart for these mercedes..i love these 2 seaters!
but ya definitely these lot of better cars than SL 500..still its close 2 my heart..wish could buy one !

A McLaren Mercedes SLR.... my ultimate dream car!
And this car isnt an all out sports car... its a luxury tourer. It can't even be compared to the Porsche, the ferrari's and the lambo's.... those are proper sports cars.

[SIZE=2]Spotted a SL 500 near Lavelle Road Coffee Day , bangalore a few weeks back .. Must say the car is sure a stunner .. However still prefer the murci that i saw a few days prior to the spotting of the SL 500 .. [/SIZE]

I'm sorry but how can you compare an SL500 to the likes of the Murci. Theyre in completely seperate ranges.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ///M
I'm sorry but how can you compare an SL500 to the likes of the Murci. Theyre in completely seperate ranges.

agree: theyre like comparin a range rover to a rolls royce

wow thats a car i really really like......

Will prefer SL55 AMG.. Dream Car: McLaren Mercedes SLR.

Cheers,

What the hell is "parameter steering" as stated in the standard equipment list? Never heard of it before.

I saw this model today on Sanfrancisco Highway. Looks very nice. The Honda copied the tail lamp design of this car in new Honda Accord.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deeps
What the hell is "parameter steering" as stated in the standard equipment list? Never heard of it before.

More steering assistance at slower speeds, less at higher speeds.

cya
R

Rehaan, so essentially the same EPS system that some Marutis have?

Quote:

EXACTLY what the next line of my earlier post was to say, but i decided not to hint towards maruti vs mercedes :)

cya
R

Quote:

It is not the same.Maruti's EPS provides assitance only at lower speeds.it cuts off above 40kmph.

What Mercedes has is Variable Assistance Hydraulic power steering which varies the assistance according to the speed(same as What Reehan said) and also according to the driving style and the driving mode(like sport ,comfort etc) .