Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which segment for Boyracers car options?
Hatch:- Palio 1.6sports, getz,Corsa sail, swift,zen 20 33.33%
Small sedan :- esteem,Ikon,fiestapetra,city,lancer,accent,baleno, corsa 32 53.33%
Executive sedan:- optra,mondeo,accord,elantra,sonata,cedia,octavia,c orolla,camry 8 13.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2006, 22:52   #16
BHPian

For me OHC Any day next comes lancer........ But my dream car will be SRT4.........

PJ
Old 11th February 2006, 01:13   #17
Senior - BHPian

i vote for the hot hatch segment ...Palio 1.6 would do it for me ...
corsa gives me too much headache going sideways ...

but i'd love to have a stage 1 tuned 2005 Honda Civic SiR (hatch)...
Old 11th February 2006, 01:17   #18
Senior - BHPian

An Ideal boy racer would be a twin seater, sporty looking, powerful engine, good PTWR ,small, nimble, with good build quality and not too expensive according to me...Considering all this I vouch for hatch category...

I guess some of us have mistook this thread for some car selection thread...I presume its not the car but the category here. Indian hatches have never seen a sporty day yet except the swift/gtx...

Talking about swifts handling...yes its a phenominal handler, its really difficult to get this kinda handling on a car with a boot behind unless the car is designed for specific handling purpose like some cars with boot we see in WRC...

Cars without boot are lighter, smaller and are rated to be relatively more precise in their handling characteristics on curvy roads...We can take a few tips from WRC peuguots, citroens, ford focus etc...and also Skoda going hatch from this season...you know where Im coming from?But I would also like to mention that cars with a longer chassis accomodating a boot have better stability on undulated straight stretches.

Last edited by The Wolf : 11th February 2006 at 01:25.
Old 11th February 2006, 04:07   #19
Senior - BHPian

I personally would prefer the skoda RS. Those Numbers just buy me out.

Otherwise the Palio Sports hatch cracks other easily.

But I have voted for the compact family sedan segment. because Executive sedans are expensive, hatches usually lack power and looks. But Compact family sedan offers the best of both the worlds i.e. Power and looks at the right price.
Old 11th February 2006, 04:26   #20
BHPian

though i have voted for small sedans primarily for a reason that they are much better suited to indian road conditions than any other segments..while hatchbacks sell like hot cakes and continue to drive sales they lack power n performance ..high end luxury sedans are great to drive and handle but doesnt catch the pulse of the nation....VTECs and NHC's have led the perception of a common man to change and as a result indian car market now loooks poised to move up on mid size sedans and saloons to set the motoring ramp ablaze...
Old 11th February 2006, 04:29   #21
BHPian

I voted for compact sedan. It is overall better package compared to other segments pricewise and lookswise.
Old 11th February 2006, 05:27   #22
Senior - BHPian

Palio 1.6gtx is still by far a the best of the lot ..
it has power ,high speed stability ,great handling ,reliable engine and a great build quality ...
the sail doesnt really qualify here ..neither does a sonata or the elantra..
optra ,corolla ,cedia and the RS are good for the modds..

if miata was more masculine i;d prefer that over the Civic hatch too ..always RWD ..
Old 12th February 2006, 10:25   #23
Senior - BHPian

I am really surprised. If palio 1.6 is such a gem, then y did sales take a plunge?
Old 12th February 2006, 10:48   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
I am really surprised. If palio 1.6 is such a gem, then y did sales take a plunge?

FIAT did not provide the much needed after sales service.. Also the spares were lot more expensive..
I voted for the mid size saloons... good for modifying and maintainence..
Old 12th February 2006, 11:04   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
lack of after sales service ..
a B+ segment car was placed to compete with B segment cars like the zen,it lost out on fuel effieciency and maintainence...
all in all .. a bad marketing strategy...
Old 14th February 2006, 03:54   #26
Senior - BHPian

I think its possible to beat executive sedans with compact family sedans but Hatches wont ever have that presence of a sedan, The reason Compact sedans are winning the vote.
Old 14th February 2006, 12:02   #27
Senior - BHPian

The grapevine says that TATA is working on a hot hatch version of the indica wit a twin cam 16 v 100 BHP petrol engine.... this should be interesting and should give the mx bang for your buck
Old 14th February 2006, 13:41   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
lack of after sales service ..
a B+ segment car was placed to compete with B segment cars like the zen,it lost out on fuel effieciency and maintainence...
all in all .. a bad marketing strategy...

marketing was good, product was also good, but didnt stand a chance agaoin vehicles delivering 12 kmpl. . .that was its undoing. people who own the 1.6 petrol and are not bothred about F.E they never sell the vehiicle, and btw when the palio was laucnhed it was the CAR OF THE YEAR for that year and it did wonders to Fiats sales. . . .
Old 14th February 2006, 14:48   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac 427
btw when the palio was laucnhed it was the CAR OF THE YEAR for that year and it did wonders to Fiats sales. . . . [/left]
Palios were a hype ,indians always buy the hype its more "pretigious"... more like a craze everyone had to own one ...
i myself in delhi witness palios sold off within 9 months and under a year ..
when ppl started realising this wasnt as "practical" as the zens they sold them off ....
Old 14th February 2006, 15:17   #30
BANNED

I'd vote for the Baleno from the whole crop. You can get used ones pretty cheap, they're cheaper and easier to maintain than any other equivalent car, easy to mod, and the power to weight ratio gives it a great headstart. Anything else is either too expensive, or not in the same performance league.

If the OHC wasn't a fading memory, I'd have voted for it hands down.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks