Team-BHP - High Security number plates in Chandigarh from 1 August
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   High Security number plates in Chandigarh from 1 August (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/104384-high-security-number-plates-chandigarh-1-august.html)

Well Chandigarh, Punjab and other few states were summoned by the Big Boss -Supreme Court to explain why contempt of court should not be issued against them for not complying with their order of introducing high security plates within a stipulated time frame as directed by the court. That was few months back.

From the newspapers got to know Chandigarh administration has finally woken up to that and suddenly decided 1st August to be the day they want to implement the rule and its on the owners responsibility to get them without any public notice in local newspaper by the concern authority.

My question to people with Chandigarh registered vehicles is from where do I get them in Chandigarh or I can get it from any authorised centre across India?

Certainly the authorised places should advertise so the locals can get it done without any harassment. Although within two years they want all the pre registered cars to have these plates but I rather have them now to avoid any harassment by the local cops as sometimes they need just any excuse to issue a ticket considering my Punto is just two months old.

New cars have to get them before then can be issued Registration Certificate along with a self destruct third no plate sticker on front screen. RLA also wants the owners to have the no plates installed at their three designated passing centres across the city in front of their men.

So any pointers Please!

Mods- I am aware of another thread on this but thought this might be of immediate help for Chandigarians. Please merge the thread if you feel the need with existing thread.

Pardon my ignorance, but what is the meaning of High Security Number plates? stupid:

What Ministry of Road Transport & Highway says Ministry of Road Transport & Highways, Government of India

Some more High Security Registration Plates

High Security Registration Anti Theft Smart Car Number Plates manufacturer India

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...tes-india.html

Thanks Randhawa for the links. Appears to be a good initiative but as all government processes seems to be way behind schedule. Read the following in the FAQ:

"The HSRP implementation is scheduled to commence on or before 1st June 2005 for new vehicles to be registered and within two years thereof for earlier registered vehicles.":Shockked:

I guess this must be because of the Supreme Court case was in progress during this time. Need to check what is the status for this in Maharashtra. It would surely help in having standardisation.

Few states have already implemented it and rest will follow. Five years to implement it after Supreme Court threatens to issue contempt of court. Thats how sorry state of affairs are in India.

So now chandigarh cops will have a new means to fleece money:Frustrati
My car isnt registered in chandigarh,but it is used in chandigarh daily.
Is it applicable to me as well?
Even i want to know,as to where to get these in and around chandigarh.

PB,HR are safe for now and so are the pre registered CH cars but I am sure they will still stop people randomly and I am in no mood to give them a single penny legally or illegally. I am going to start asking around and if I get to know anything then surely I'll let you know.

On a lighter note, I sense a business opportunity here.
What say Randhawa bai ji, shall we try selling some stupid:

From what I have seen in other states, they all come in a standard font and size - which seems boring to me. Moreover, I read about these getting started in Chandigarh from Aug 1st and would cost Rs 1500 - justified? I don't think so.

And there's too much bulk attached to the front bumper...I have seen these in Civic and I would somehow still prefer the sleek sheet type plate.

It seems to be more of a state driven initiative to curb car thefts and other crimes in which number plates are tempered with. The cops in Chandigarh shouldn't cause trouble for cars registered outside the UT. Moreover, Chd being a capital of Haryana and Punjab, I believe cars registered at least in these two states have every right to drive around in Chd with whatever number plate rules their registering cities go with. So far, all my cars have been Amritsar registered (PB 02), didn't ever have much trouble if you know the rules well yourself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by avisidhu (Post 2427779)
On a lighter note, I sense a business opportunity here.
What say Randhawa bai ji, shall we try selling some stupid:

Dont think the goons will let us do our business but I can smell the money to be made on this. Only if you can get the distributorship from Utsav then it's a good small business venture.

I read it in the newspaper today.
the article also mentioned of a GPS chip embedded in the number plate for tracking purposes.?
Do these plates have these?
in such case they would be pretty expensive?,isnt it?

These plates dont have them nor they are required and if it was fitted then yes they will be expensive.

But I am sure it's not a part of the deal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by akshay4587 (Post 2429102)
I read it in the newspaper today.
the article also mentioned of a GPS chip embedded in the number plate for tracking purposes.?
Do these plates have these?
in such case they would be pretty expensive?,isnt it?

I read that too. If they are giving the GPS chip in Rs 1500, it makes sense to spend that kind of money, it'll be well worth it.

Read that in newspaper, but what if the bumper needs replacement or the windscreen shatters? Again you have to rush to the RLA office to get a new plate and/or windscreen sticker affixed in the presence of the official. This seems rather impractical as it would drastically increase the workload of the RLA.

Also they would be throwing a lot of questions on the owner like, where did the car got banged or who banged it or may be they ask for a copy of FIR before they allow to get new plates.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zzzehar (Post 2427805)
And there's too much bulk attached to the front bumper...I have seen these in Civic and I would somehow still prefer the sleek sheet type plate.

I have the Utsav plates on my Civic - the same but technically not HSRPs. I see not problems. In many ways we brought it upon ourselves by not using plates with the regulation lettering. See the number going round with minuscule letters, crazy fonts, gold and silver characters, and letters and figures not in Roman characters (incl. UP Govt vehicles with are all in Devanagri). MH Gov went to the high court four times asking to be allowed Marathi plates, only to be rebuffed every time.