Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2011, 11:47   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: 7 most google'd cars - 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Surprisingly, new Swift, highly acclaimed Verna etc never made it to the list!
Could it be because, they already are a trusted brand over the years in Indian car scene and the customers already know a lot about them hence do not search as much as they search on google for the new upcoming brands??
Old 22nd December 2011, 12:25   #32
BHPian

Quote:
5. Maruti suzuki Kizashi!
very surprised to see Kizashi there, the sales number dont talk that. I am assuming this is only for Indian market, as in Indian hits on Google for these car searches.
Old 22nd December 2011, 12:30   #33
Senior - BHPian

Kizashi, Aria, XUV all these cars generated huge amount of interest in the new car buyers before their launch but some of them fizzled out purely because of their pricing strategy or most probably the customers thought the prices would come down i future and refused to be guinea pig for their pricing experiments.

Kizashi, Aria case in point.
Old 22nd December 2011, 12:31   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
very surprised to see Kizashi there, the sales number dont talk that. I am assuming this is only for Indian market, as in Indian hits on Google for these car searches.
Whats so surprising? Even i googled it, because i am yet to see one in metal.
revintup is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 12:35   #35
BHPian

It is the internet savvy crowd like the IT, college folks who are most likely to 'google' for cars. This includes lot of curious folks who are not looking to buy actively.

There is a huge market which is still getting to know about cars the traditional ways like visiting dealers, talking to friends etc.

That's why the 'new' Swift, Verna and other cars didn't make it to this list.
Old 22nd December 2011, 12:47   #36
Team-BHP Support

Great post, Crazy Driver! *thumbs up*

Quote:
G
Kizashi, Aria and Passat seem to be classic examples of customer enthusiasm not blossoming into sales due to high pricing. Nissan Sunny diesel is also following the same footsteps IMO.
The Kizashi, Aria and Passat certainly created quite a stir. Possibly due to some good advertising? I'm talking about the Aria and Passat. The Aria's advert may not have been good per se, but it did manage to get the attention of many. While the Passat's parking-tricks and perforated and ventilated seats lured quite a few onto the net for more.

The Nissan Sunny's advertisements were good too, but the biggest problem for the Nissan isn't the price, in fact it's quite the opposite. They've priced it pretty well. It's the lack of established service-centers and low service-network that has not worked in the Sunny's favour. And IMO, it could kill the Dzire, on paper, but because Maruti is the far better established brand, it brings customers in.

Quote:
Surprisingly, new Swift, highly acclaimed Verna etc never made it to the list
The Swift and Verna's no-show in the top-ten may not be of much concern. As mentioned earlier, by dekay, it's possibly because they're established. Besides, there were many other cars that garnered so much more interest. And that's great news. Hopefully, this will translate into variety on the road, that has otherwise always been dominated by cars like the Swift, 800, Alto, and assorted Hyundais.

Having said that, I don't think the Swift and Verna were far behind in the top-10 most-searched list. If there was a top-15, I'm sure they would have figured somewhere there. After all, how many new cars come into our market every year? About 10-15 on an average. But this number has kept steadily increasing, and that's even better news.
Old 22nd December 2011, 13:32   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Great post, Crazy Driver! *thumbs up*

The Nissan Sunny's advertisements were good too, but the biggest problem for the Nissan isn't the price, in fact it's quite the opposite. They've priced it pretty well. It's the lack of established service-centers and low service-network that has not worked in the Sunny's favour. And IMO, it could kill the Dzire, on paper, but because Maruti is the far better established brand, it brings customers in.
I do not think the number of dealers has any relation with the number of google hits. While the low Sunny sales can be partly attributed to the number of dealers.
In addition to the reasons you have mentioned, the Sunny was launched as a petrol and it never gained enough interest in the market as the Micra. The Nissan Sunny is fairly an unknown car among the masses. It is only the IT folk who contribute to the googles know about this car and they are not the mass market for Sunny.
Old 22nd December 2011, 14:07   #38
Senior - BHPian

IIRC the Kizashi was among the most-googled list last year too. Not that it helped the sales in any way.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2011, 14:56   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Kizashi, Aria and Passat seem to be classic examples of customer enthusiasm not blossoming into sales due to high pricing. Nissan Sunny diesel is also following the same footsteps IMO.
People may be resort to google to at least see how the car looks cos they are yet to see one in flesh!!

But on a serious note, surprised to see Kizashi here since the Maruti themselves are not promoting the car aggressively and hence general public may not even be aware of the car, let along know the name to actively search for it
Old 22nd December 2011, 20:15   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Agree with Suhaas this is a great thread.

Almost without exception these cars have been the ones that managed to create a good buzz in the marketplace pre-launch. Conspicuous by its absence is the Skoda Rapid, whose pre-sales buzz was almost comical to watch (remember the Lauretta debacle!)

I admit even I Googled Kizashi and Sunny
Old 22nd December 2011, 23:01   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Agree with Suhaas this is a great thread.

Almost without exception these cars have been the ones that managed to create a good buzz in the marketplace pre-launch. Conspicuous by its absence is the Skoda Rapid, whose pre-sales buzz was almost comical to watch (remember the Lauretta debacle!)

I admit even I Googled Kizashi and Sunny
Rapid caused a stir only in the automotive forums. Many people whom I interact with daily - do not even know such a car has been launched yet!

Kizashi had huge advertising campaign! From newspapers to billboards. I guess people thought it would be an excellent civic rival at usual MSIL VFM price tag and values, googled it and were shocked to see the prices!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks