Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th September 2011, 15:38   #106
BHPian

Re: Another Laura TSi thread..But got an accidental car instead !!!

3 weeks back, I was waiting at TAFE hosur road to get the faulty fuel sensor on my Laura TDI checked. Fortunately the waiting lounge is glass all around and one could easily take a peep into what was happening on the shop floor. 10 minutes into the waiting area and I hear a loud thud and a crackling, to my amazement a Fabia which was being diagnosed using a VAS was rear ended by a Laura, apparently the driver was chatting with someone around while navigating the tight corner. Laura's front right wing got badly scratched (I think it was a brand new car, didn't have license plates) and the Fabia's rear bumper got side swiped.

Within 5 minutes i saw 2 people from the paint shop running towards the shop floor armed with a spray can and some buffing compound, you guys can imagine the rest of the screenplay. These are the SKODA's of the 21st century!
luky_13 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th September 2011, 16:05   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
Within 5 minutes i saw 2 people from the paint shop running towards the shop floor armed with a spray can and some buffing compound, you guys can imagine the rest of the screenplay. These are the SKODA's of the 21st century!
Same thing would have happened here but they are not admitting it.

The legal notice is just a notificatin that the consumer is going to court. They should have replied with a letter or something similar but it did not happend. So now I can go to court and file a case, but I am waiting for a final call from Karthik Ramesh which I will be updated tomorrow. If nothing happens I will file a case very soon.
Old 28th September 2011, 16:12   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luky_13 View Post
3 weeks back, ..
. These are the SKODA's of the 21st century!
I wonder after reading this how Skoda owners will leave their cars at the service center.

I for one might end up applying for a working from home or should i say working from service center leave.
Old 28th September 2011, 23:53   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitm View Post
I wonder after reading this how Skoda owners will leave their cars at the service center.

I for one might end up applying for a working from home or should i say working from service center leave.
Quit your job and apply for one at Skoda service center. Then you get paid to keep an eye on your own car's service.
Old 29th September 2011, 00:48   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Same thing would have happened here but they are not admitting it.

The legal notice is just a notificatin that the consumer is going to court. They should have replied with a letter or something similar but it did not happend. So now I can go to court and file a case, but I am waiting for a final call from Karthik Ramesh which I will be updated tomorrow. If nothing happens I will file a case very soon.
The only thing that will impact Skoda is a boycott of their cars. People keep buying Skoda inspite of the numerous horror stories. Why do we believe that we can get better treatment from a company that consistently lies and covers up illegal activities. See Harish's case, will you be willing to fight such a long legal battle.

Fighting a legal battle in India is never a wise option, justice delayed is justice denied. Wiser option is to cut your losses and move on to a company that atleast treats you as a customer not as a bakra. I will ensure that I inform every potential Skoda customer (who I know) that Skoda is a cheat, and point them to Harish's trial by fire, so that they can decide for themselves if they wish to go through the same agony.

Shame on you Skoda and shame on you Volkswagon !!!
Old 29th September 2011, 08:29   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SedatedDrive View Post
Quit your job and apply for one at Skoda service center. Then you get paid to keep an eye on your own car's service.
If i were to do that i will straight qualify for BPL cards (below poverty line)! The helper mechanics you see doing most of the running around are reportedly paid as low as Rs3200/- to Rs4000 per month .

Net - net it is day light robbery by A.S.S. at both ends!
Old 29th September 2011, 09:06   #112
Team-BHP Support

I'm gonna be very blunt here. This is horrible. Totally unreasonable and inexplicable behaviour from Skoda. This is a manufacturer who just doesn't seem to care about customers.
What I don't understand is, why are people still buying Skoda cars? A vast number of customers have burnt their fingers. Too many problems and it's not like these cars are cheap to fix. The service personnel don't appear to be well trained either. OK, the early launches were good looking - Octavia, Laura, old Superb, but the current crop of Skoda cars is UGLY.
This forum has time and again brought to light the problems faced by Skoda customers. People should stay away from this manufacturer.
Old 29th September 2011, 09:13   #113
Team-BHP Support

low_bass

Did they informed you on 2010 Model before & gave you Discount on the Car ? if yes then probably you should have checked such things before taking delivery in detail and should not ave taken car in haste in evening hours .

If they have not informed you on 2010 Model , this alone can be the reason to return the car given the other problems and press for cheating charges . Have you tried to highlight this with SKODA India ? they can always dispute paint or something else which may not be measured easily but they wont have answers on selling an almost year old car . In my opinion you must stress on this fact .

If they have indeed given you some discounts on 2010 model , you should now accept the facts given the circumstances & try to get the car checked for more serious damages . If its restricted to few paint issues - ask them to repaint , Ya it will feel bad but you must think of the savings that you got .
Old 29th September 2011, 13:15   #114
Senior - BHPian

The car is not DEC 2010 model. Its VIN number suggest that it is a Dec 2010 Model. In normal schedule it would have reached the showroom by Feb or March. But it is was sold in Aug so there is a gap of 4-5 months.

Nobody informed me I decoded the VIN my self.

About the paint issue. Everyone at SKODA and SHOWROOM is saying that the paint it okay. That is the funny part !!!!

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 29th September 2011 at 13:17.
Old 29th September 2011, 20:43   #115
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The car is not DEC 2010 model. Its VIN number suggest that it is a Dec 2010 Model.
Quote:
In normal schedule it would have reached the showroom by Feb or March. But it is was sold in Aug so there is a gap of 4-5 months.
sorry but your statements are little contradictory , normally December model cars are cleared first , even dealers lower there purchase during last weeks ,
Was car manufactured by Skoda in December but shipped to dealer in August ?
Did you asked Skoda officials to confirm exact date of Manufacture for you ? You can even ask them to show you Invoice copy without prices & there is one form 22 or something which carries Manufacturing date - what is mentioned in that form ?

Quote:
two more thing the glass on the all the door except the driver door is made in the year 2010, and the one on the driver door is of 2011. How come one glass is new and others are older ???? (
But if car is not 2010 model than how did you arrived at date of manufacture on Glasses ? Again most of the Automotive manufacturers including Skoda works on JIT , its not possible that they are using 2010 glasses in August production .

You have to be very clear in your complaint - is it for Year of manufacture or for the Paint & glasses with different date of manufacture ?
Old 29th September 2011, 21:15   #116
BHPian

My friend with whom i did my schooling owns few two wheeler dealerships. During those days he used to take out new bikes from his showrooms and used to ride them for a month or so and then sell them. Few things i noticed which helped him hide that - taking off the wire from the wheels , removal of silencer unit or using another unit while riding it. The bike even during the run in period was abused (i would call not giving it a proper run-in an abuse to the motor).
I reside in gurgaon now .Do i need to drop a bigger hint for the cause here ?
Old 29th September 2011, 21:35   #117
BHPian

Well well we have a lot of Skoda bashers here.To be honest I feel for Low_Bass but then lets not generalize things.I have owned two Skoda's and have had no problems whatsoever.I had an Octavia which performed flawlessly for six years before I traded it for a Laura and that's the first we time we ever bought a replacement from the same brand.The problem is people think a few lemons and some exaggerations are jolly good enough and the cars made by that brand are bad.We love Skoda's in our family and trust me we have cars worth far more in our garage but there is a certain quality about these cars.They are workhorses and are very very solid and very practical(Have you seen the boot).The quality of their cars are second to none and the service quality is pretty okay atleast in Bangalore.I mean the car has a service cycle of 15000 Kms so why should service be such an important criterion I cannot understand.
Old 29th September 2011, 21:55   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Last seen,my post was not visible on Skoda India FB site.So i've posted it on their International site.https://www.facebook.com/skoda
Well,while hunting for a white Ritz Vxi last year,i was offered a cash discount of Rs.35,000/- for a white Zxi.I enquired about it,asked for the inventory list from 2 different sales people,tallied it and saw that it was a 158 days old car(the time since the car came to their warehouse).Then i asked the reasons for it and they were not ready to say anything.Then i refused and said i wanted a Vxi only.Later,another fellow showed me the car which was lying at their showroom backyard.It had a re-painted right fender and driver's door and the bumper was looking kind of out of place.Peeped inside to find the steering wheel cover was tampered with.I speculate it was a collision which led to airbags deployment and damage to bumper and front right side.What i want to convey is that the dealers do try to pass on damaged vehicles to unsuspecting buyers at discounts and most often,they succeed in it.
Old 29th September 2011, 23:25   #119
Senior - BHPian

@Ascari.

The problem is not about the sales or the car itself. Its the service and the off hand attitude of these skoda folks.

Just put yourself in Harish or Low's shoe and ask yourself honestly if skoda is treating you good.

If you feel thats alright, then there is very little anyone can help you convince that Skoda is not really bothered about their customers.

No one would want to be where Harish is or Low is in now. And skoda for its part doesnt car at all.

Guys, lets start reposting the messages again in Skoda.
Old 29th September 2011, 23:51   #120
BHPian

This is really sad and pathetic on part of Skoda India.
LBM, let me know if I can be of any help. Just bought a Yeti last month, and after reding this, I am in doubt about my decision.

But I guess this horrible sales and support is true with most German/Germanic brands, they have the worst people you can find, selling their products in India, I have bad experiences with Schindler, Siemens, Grohe in the past.
harsh87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks